What will you like most about the McCain Presidency?

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:34 pm
When McCain is elected this fall, what do you suppose his first 100 days will be like?

Do you think it will be an utter failure like the last Congress was? Completely in effectual?

Or,

Do you think McCain will start out like a tidal wave? Closing Gitmo, reconstituting relationships, vetoing every bill with added pork?

It's obvious, or at least should be, that McCain almost has the election wrapped up. Hillary and Barak are going to do irreparable harm to the Dem ticket.

I think it will be good for the country. McCain is a good, moderate, semi-honest politician. He knows the game and will play it well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 15,310 • Replies: 394
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:36 pm
I am not an McCain fan or supporter but I agree I think he will be the next president.

I shudder.

war, war, war.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:18 pm
He simply cannot veto every bill with added pork. Without a line item veto power, some of it is going to be attached to bills that simply must be passed.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:46 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I am not an McCain fan or supporter but I agree I think he will be the next president.

I shudder.

war, war, war.

Bi-Polar,

You Clinton folks are going to have to make a choice here. Do you really prefer McCain to Obama?

If you get on board with the Democrat who has won the primaries, it will go a long way to making sure we don't lose in November.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:06 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I shudder.

war, war, war.

Bi-Polar,

You Clinton folks are going to have to make a choice here. Do you really prefer McCain to Obama?

Yes. At least I do.

As for McCain. I truly hope he will bring fiscal discipline back to our government. While I support some of Clinton's social plans (most notably healthcare), we need a financially solvent government FIRST and FOREMOST.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:15 pm
I knew that Ma... it seems like McCain is a good candidate from someone with your political leanings.

I have never grasped the reason for your devotion to Mrs. Clinton.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:34 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I have never grasped the reason for your devotion to Mrs. Clinton.

It's those legs. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:51 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I shudder.

war, war, war.

Bi-Polar,

If you get on board with the Democrat who has won the primaries, it will go a long way to making sure we don't lose in November.

I have already said I'll write in for my favorite candidate.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:54 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

What are the odds that you'll write "Obama"?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:00 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I shudder.

war, war, war.

Bi-Polar,

A vote for your favorite candidate is a vote for McCain. (But neither you nor she seem to think this is a really a bad thing.)

((I shudder war war war))
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:06 pm
maporsche wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

What are the odds that you'll write "Obama"?

slim and none
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:07 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I shudder.

war, war, war.

Bi-Polar,

A vote for your favorite candidate is a vote for McCain. (But neither you nor she seem to think this is a really a bad thing.)

this is America sluggo... I can vote for whoever i damn well please.... or not vote at all.... and not worry about someone elses' judgemental bullshit. I intend to exercise that right for as long as I'm lucky enough to have it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:20 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I shudder.

war, war, war.

Bi-Polar,

this is America sluggo... I can vote for whoever i damn well please.... or not vote at all.... and not worry about someone elses' judgemental bullshit. I intend to exercise that right for as long as I'm lucky enough to have it.

Yes it is America and you can vote for whomever you damn well please-- and I can criticize the callous arrogant idiocy of Clinton and her supporters who claim to care about America and the principals of the Democratic party and then are willing to tear apart the Democratic party and put McCain in office simply because they lost the Primary.

The nomination is supposed to be won through the primaries and caucuses with the candidate who wins each state (by getting more votes) deciding the winner.

But go ahead... vote for who you like. It is your right.

But if a president McCain increases our involvement in Iraq and starts new military adventures in other countries...

if a president McCain continues Bush's program of wiretapping without a warrant.

... and if a president McCain appoints more conservative judges further eroding woman's health and science issues...

I am going to be pissed. This is my right.

People criticized Nader voters for having this same attitude. The difference is, of course, Nader never pretended to be a Democrat.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:32 pm
you can criticize whoever you want... you can even lump together hillary supporters as callous , arrogant and idiotic.... and you are free to go into spasms of righteous indignation if anyone says anything similar about obama and his crew of worshippers.....

ain't America grand?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:32 pm
"What will you like most about the McCain Presidency?"

Everything other than his hawkish side.

And to be specific, I applaud him for his "surge" support. I think he's closer to right on Iraq in specific details than many others, but I am very wary of his overall hawkishness, as this is the exact brand of stupidity that opened up the Iraq mess in the first place.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:40 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you can criticize whoever you want... you can even lump together hillary supporters as callous , arrogant and idiotic.... and you are free to go into spasms of righteous indignation if anyone says anything similar about obama and his crew of worshippers.....

ain't America grand?

yeah yeah American is grand....

The difference between Obama "worshipers" and Clinton "worshipers".

Those of us supporting Obama want the winner of the Democratic primaries to be the nominee because he is, after all, the winner of the Democratic primaries (since it is almost certain that come the convention he will have won more delegates, more states and a greater percentage of the popular vote).

The Clinton worshipers seem to think their idol somehow deserves the nomination-- not because she won the election... but because she is Clinton.

That Clinton was beaten by a better candidate with a better message who attracted more people doesn't cross your mind.

So go take your ball and go home. We have a general election to take care of-- and I want the Democratic, anti-war candidate to win.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:45 pm
you don't have the balls to order me home Nancy..... and all you did was state your opinion and in my opinion... which is just as valuable as yours.... america and all.... your opinion in this matter is ****. Nothing personal, I'm sure you're a wonderful person who's kind to his mother.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:56 pm
Ah, more righteous indignation from the Obama supporters.

I love Obama's new brand of politics.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:05 pm
The primaries are over and no one told me????
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:22 pm
Quote:
What will you like most about the McCain Presidency

It wont be another Clinton Presidency!!!
0 Replies