Yep....it's called "spy-hopping".

http://www.fotosearch.com/DGT087/42-16424181/

Spyhopping

http://www.port-fairy.com/whales/spyhopping2.gif

http://www.nps.gov/chis/planyourvisit/images/spyhop.jpg

http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/images/cetaceans/orca_spyhopping-noaa.jpg

http://www.whale-images.com/data/media/2/whale-watching_20.jpg

I'm SUCH a goddam nerd, amn't I?

It's a damned amazing thing to see close to in real life.

A whale's gotta be able to look round, ya know!
0 Replies

lmur

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 07:40 am
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Not to me. I say I am a Native American. Let the racists figure it out!

I happen to have Irish ancestors. However, i was born in New York, on the North American continent. That makes me a Native American. Let the Amerindian mythologists figure it out.

Ah, a member of our diaspora (dee-a-sper-a orig.:gaelic. "spawn of God").
0 Replies

Noddy24

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 07:56 am
Phoenix, Dlowan--

The question should probably be whether or not whales have swift boats.
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:05 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Phoenix, Dlowan--

The question should probably be whether or not whales have swift boats.

No....but like all intelligent mammals they HATE swift boats.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:11 am
Re: Obama Exposed As Black
snood wrote:
After months of exhaustive research, a team of over a dozen journalists from NewsMax, Fox News and the Wall Street Journal uncovered a story which promises to cause blockbusting shockwaves once it starts making the newscycle rounds...

Operating undercover from inside Obama's campaign, and conducting countless interviews with supporters and individuals "in the know" in the Obama camp, they have determined conclusively that Barack Obama is a black man.

This shocking revelation promises to cause a new rising of resistance to the Obama phenomenon. Until now, no one has dared to utter aloud the ugly rumors of his being secretly black.

How the Obama damage control machine will handle this, no one knows...

Snood gets something here which I think not everyone perceives. I'd just written a post on the obama thread, but if folks don't mind, I'll add it here.

Presently, there is a two-pronged propaganda campaign being waged against Obama from the right's noise machine.

The most obvious is the Reverend Wright 'issue' which is nearly filling the talk radio menu along with Fox and print/web. It's a Swift Boat strategy to designed to smear the character, loyalty, judgement, honesty etc of Obama. As Limbaugh, last week, bemoaned the situation as he saw it, "Everyone hates Hillary but no one hates Obama yet" - a situation in need of correction.

And this attack is, predictably, designed to push white peoples' buttons and fears a la Harold Ford Jr and "Call me, Harold (giggle giggle)". Note Miller's earlier post here about the Reverend "waving his palms". Real american preachers don't sway while holding their hands in the air and waving their palms. Look how alien he is. Look how weird african americans' christianity is. And look how into black power they are. A black candidate who is actually black is dangerous, is alien, is not american, IS NOT LIKE YOU, white voters! To be tempted by this man is to just maybe walk right into a mugging.

The second prong of the present effort has been evident for a week or two now (it precedes the Wright matter). The theme pops up throughout the conservative propaganda unverse and we see an instance of it in today's NY Times column by Kristol...
Quote:
But one has the sense that elsewhere in this great land the bloom is coming off the Obama rose.
link

This, along with all the other co-ordinated instances of the same idea being forwarded, is a marketing strategy that relies upon nothing more than repetition. Say it often and promote it broadly and facilitate the notion out in the market that there is a consensus that this is so. As Rove described it to Suskind (member of "the reality-based community) a few years ago, "We create our own reality".

As always, it has the added advantage of being an attack. When a candidate or target is defending himself/herself/itself, then that campaign's message is diminished and the campaign doing the attack moves out of the spotlight (and it's safer outside).

My advice to Obama supporters (and other rational people) is to avoid falling into this trap. McCain is easily as susceptible to this sort of attack regarding his religious affiliates. When some twit here tries to forward this smear, slam them back with twice as much of the same stuff but against McCain instead.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:01 am
lmur wrote:
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:

I happen to have Irish ancestors. However, i was born in New York, on the North American continent. That makes me a Native American. Let the Amerindian mythologists figure it out.

Ah, a member of our diaspora (dee-a-sper-a orig.:gaelic. "spawn of God").

Yup . . . we spored all over the goddamned place . . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:04 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Where does Obama stand with whales?

fellow blowhard...
0 Replies

nimh

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:05 am
DrewDad wrote:
dadpad wrote:
I personally refuse to vote for an angry black christian muslim.

Obviously, he's a flip-flopper.

Laughing
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 11:42 am
Noddy24 wrote:

He has trouble with the blue whale population (they're in the tank for Clinton), but does well with bulls and calfs (calves?) and takes nearly 90% of the Orca vote.
0 Replies

woiyo

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 12:43 pm
engineer wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:

He has trouble with the blue whale population (they're in the tank for Clinton), but does well with bulls and calfs (calves?) and takes nearly 90% of the Orca vote.

Well that makes sense. Orca's are bi racial also. Some Black and some White!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:06 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Hah! That demolishes the world-wide Jewish conspiracy right there.

Now, if Obama would convert to Judaism, and become gay, the papers would really have a field day with him! Laughing

Some jerk already tried that accusation about a month ago.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=56626
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:33 pm
Did we really need another post about Obama being black?

No surprise that it came from Snood either....

(I can't believe that this is a "featured" post)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:58 pm
oh my god!

a black man talking about a black man Shocked
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:16 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
oh my god!

More like, "a black man, who only talks about things related to being black". And one, who at every opportunity, injects race into a discussion.
0 Replies

JTT

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:33 pm
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:

You don't have to involve any mythologists. You can just ask any child that has learned to spell.

What your humble beginnings make you is a native American.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:36 pm
JTT wrote:
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:

You don't have to involve any mythologists. You can just ask any child that has learned to spell.

What your humble beginnings make you is a native American.
Man, I learn something new everyday, I suppose Setanta does as well. I am humbled by your with and intelligence JTT but I think it's time for jello.
0 Replies

JTT

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:50 pm
Sounds good, Dys, got any lime?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:54 pm
maporsche wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
oh my god!

More like, "a black man, who only talks about things related to being black". And one, who at every opportunity, injects race into a discussion.

no. Shocked
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:56 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

no. Shocked

Am I wrong?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:01 pm
change always to mostly and you're right there....
0 Replies