AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:23 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Cyclo, no reason to worry about the sky falling. Obama hasn't yet determined how to control the sky. But Obama has determined a way to control America.

Sure; he was elected president, and now has some control over the country. I realize that, as a far-right winger, this is scary to you; but not so much to everyone else.

Quote:
Consequently, America is falling .....

No, it isn't, chicken little.

Quote:
and if not stopped, it will take everyone with it including the wealth REDistributionists.

We will determine our fate in November 2010 ....

You may as well give up now, then; because the odds of the Republicans taking back control of either house of Congress are close to zero. I don't know if you have noticed, but the Republican party has not risen in the polls this year - not even a little. The amount of people who self-identify as 'Republican' is at it's lowest level in forever. Fund-raising for Republicans has not been especially strong. You have no real national campaign to run on at this point, other than Anti-Obama. You have no national leadership that anyone likes, at all.

What about that situation says to you that the Republicans will have any success in these elections?

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:24 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
Chuck Norris wrote:

Laughing

Now I understand a lot more about you, Ican. Thanks for posting this, very funny stuff.

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican, How many ways has Obama controlled your life? Please be specific.

None yet!

But you should have asked: How many ways WILL Obama's actions to date control my life?
Obama has begun the process for controlling that part of my life that conssts of the lives of MY children and grandchildren and MY grandchildren's children. He has done this, by substantially increasing the USA's national debt and commiting to increase it and/or their taxes much more. The eventual consequence of this will be a substantial reduction in their future liberty.

0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What about that situation says to you that the Republicans will have any success in these elections?

Whether or not a majority of the Republicans have any success in the 2010 elections is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether or not a majority of the Democrats will have any success in the 2010 elections. THEY WILL NOT!

Independents, conservatives, constitutionalists, and TEA Party members will have a tremendous success. Only those Republicans who behave like Conservatives and/or TEA Party members will have success, too!
ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Keep on laughing, Cycloptichorn ... while you can!
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:49 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Whether or not a majority of the Republicans have any success in the 2010 elections is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether or not a majority of the Democrats will have any success in the 2010 elections. THEY WILL NOT!

You're wrong about that. The vast majority of Democrats are in very safe seats and are in no danger from your rag-tag groups at all.

There probably will be some Dem losses this cycle - we've expanded into more than 60 new seats over the last few years and some of them are untenable to hold in the long run. However, incumbents have a BIG advantage, and passing the Health Care bill will be a major motivator for our base to come out and support the team.

Quote:
Independents, conservatives, constitutionalists, and TEA Party members will have a tremendous success. Only those Republicans who behave like Conservatives and/or TEA Party members will have success, too!

You couldn't be more wrong, as usual. There is no infrastructure in place to support the candidates of those groups you mentioned, and there is no broad base of support amongst the populace. You don't seem to realize that people who think the way you do make up a very small part of the electorate, and without a party machine to back them, they have a very difficult time getting any candidates elected.

In short, you have no real data with which to make these predictions on, it's just your emotions talking. I wouldn't bet on any meaningful gains in the House or Senate if I were you; in fact, the Senate is going to be a struggle on your part not to lose MORE seats this cycle.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:52 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Keep on laughing, Cycloptichorn ... while you can!

Why wouldn't I? Turning to Chuck Norris for your political analysis is not exactly what one would call a 'winning move,' Ican.

I honestly thought you posted this as a joke. Are you telling us it was serious?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
In short, you have no real data with which to make these predictions on, it's just your emotions talking. I wouldn't bet on any meaningful gains in the House or Senate if I were you; in fact, the Senate is going to be a struggle on your part not to lose MORE seats this cycle.

Keep on dreaming your "famous last words!"
ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:59 pm
@ican711nm,
a TEA Party leader wrote:

We're taking our country back!
Today our "on the ground" team of bloggers blew open a story about how the NRCC is folding up its operation in NY23 and retreating in its war against the movement.

As we reported a few days ago, the NRCC and GOP establishment in the beltway has continually supported, funded and worked the liberal Republican campaign of Dede Scozzafava.

The NRCC was even running TV hit pieces against conservative candidate Doug Hoffman.

Of course, this hasn't set well with the Tea Party Movement. Many nationwide Tea Party leaders are organizing a major nationwide GOTV effort in support of Hoffman.

Thanks to all the countless hours of work on the part the Tea Party Movement, 9/12 groups and other free-market activists, the tide has turned and Hoffman is now positioned to take the race.

This is all thanks to you. Keep the pressure on!

By the way, TEA Party = Taxed Enough Already Party
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 02:59 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Keep on dreaming your "famous last words!"

It's fine with me if you'd rather stick with your assertions, rather than discuss practical realities. I wouldn't be so confident if I were you, however, seeing as there are many structural issues which are going to keep your vision from coming true.

And, when you fail to unseat the Dems from either house of Congress, are you going to claim that our nation is 'doomed?' Will it be more Chicken Little out of you?

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn, there is no need for you to worry! There will even be a place for you!
parados

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:02 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:

Could you name some of those candidates that you think behave like Conservatives and/or TEA Party members? I'm just curious after the way you guys have been running away from all Republicans as not being conservative.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:06 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn, there is no need for you to worry! There will even be a place for you!

Please believe me when I tell ya, that the last thing I am is worried Laughing

Your group has no infrastructure, not much money, no national support network, no candidates of note, and nothing to offer but negativity. What about that do you think would make the Dem party worried?

The truth is that the Republican coalition has basically split in two, and you guys are fucked. It's a situation that I and others have predicted would come for years.

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:

October 29, 2009: Opinion 500 words
Pelosi’s Halloween Healthcare Horrors:
Death for the Baby Boomers, Jail for the Middle Class, Free Healthcare for Illegal Aliens
By Congressman John Carter
Today House Speaker Nancy Pelosi unveiled the long-awaited healthcare “reform” bill in the House of Representatives. It is a horrific assault on the health, economy, and freedoms of this country, especially our senior citizens who rely on Medicare.
It was created behind closed doors, with Republicans, who represent nearly half the country, literally locked out of the room by Democrats. Democrat staffers had the locks on the committee room doors changed to keep out Republicans. Republicans were even barred from attending the press conference unveiling Pelosi’s Halloween Horror on the Capitol Steps today " on public property.
The bill doesn’t reform healthcare. It redistributes the nation’s wealth and expands government control over working Americans.
It takes away from Medicare beneficiaries who paid into the system for decades and gives it to illegal aliens and an expanded Medicaid. It takes away from working Americans who earn their healthcare benefits through their employment, and gives it to a government-run healthcare system, under the Orwellian misnomer of a “public health option.”
This plan will:

o Cut $500 billion from Medicare
o Kill the Medicare Advantage choice for seniors
o Ration care to the elderly, and even tax wheelchairs and other medical devices
o Tax health insurance benefits deemed too good by government bureaucrats
o Raise income tax rates
o Cut physician and hospital payments in rural areas by moving more patients under Medicaid with the lowest pay schedule in America
o Create a government-run healthcare plan that will drive private insurance out of business over the next decade
o Provide free healthcare to illegal aliens
o Provide federal funds to pay for abortions
o Mandates the purchase of health insurance, with tax fines for failure to buy, and up to a year in jail for those who can’t pay the fines, which directly targets middle-income Americans.

There is no substantial difference between this bill and HR 3200 as introduced by Speaker Pelosi in July. The same bill that the American public in overwhelming numbers loudly rejected in town hall meetings across the country during August.
That explains why House Democrats have met behind closed doors, beyond the sunshine of media or Republican opposition, to attempt to roll out this monstrosity of a bill that they know is opposed by the public, and hope the public doesn’t recognize the fact that House Democrats are essentially telling the American public to take a hike.
The same public that Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, called “unpatriotic” for opposing her plan to control our healthcare from Washington and socialize 18% of our economy.
They will now attempt to pass this within a week, before opposition can organize. Conservatives in Congress cannot allow that to happen, and truly patriotic Americans who turned out en masse in August to defend their freedoms need to turn out again " right now.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:28 pm
@ican711nm,
Congressman Joe Carter is a moron; the piece you posted was nothing but lies and mis-representations of the bill. Not that this is anything new or unexpected.

I wonder, what exactly is it you think can be done to stop the Dems from passing this?

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
This is from Congresswoman Kay Granger in D/FW Area (our youngest son's area)... 1990 pages... wonder who is going to read it before it's forced to a vote... tune in C-Span to see.......

Quote:
Dear Friends,
This morning the House version of the health reform bill, which includes a public option, was unveiled. Because this bill was written behind closed doors and because I want everyone to see the bill, I have provided a link to view the legislation here.
http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

ican711nm

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Congressman Joe Carter is a moron; the piece you posted was nothing but lies and mis-representations of the bill. Not that this is anything new or unexpected.

I wonder, what exactly is it you think can be done to stop the Dems from passing this?

This post of yours is "nothing but lies and mis-representations." You appear to be operating under the illusion that your opinions are valid evidence.

If truth prevails, then the Dems will not pass this bill:

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 05:34 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

This post of yours is "nothing but lies and mis-representations." You appear to be operating under the illusion that your opinions are valid evidence.

My opinions aren't evidence, but I don't pretend they are; because I've given up trying to convince you of anything long ago. You aren't interested in anyone's evidence at all.

Quote:
If truth prevails, then the Dems will not pass this bill:

Passing the bill has nothing to do with truth at all.

Look, the fact that you don't like the way the other party runs things isn't evidence that anyone is doing anything wrong. It is evidence that your mindset, your ideas, are out of favor right now, because they have lead to spectacular failures for our country. I know this is hard for you to adjust to, but you really don't need to go to these extremes of rhetoric...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 05:38 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

This is from Congresswoman Kay Granger in D/FW Area (our youngest son's area)... 1990 pages... wonder who is going to read it before it's forced to a vote... tune in C-Span to see.......

Quote:
Dear Friends,
This morning the House version of the health reform bill, which includes a public option, was unveiled. Because this bill was written behind closed doors and because I want everyone to see the bill, I have provided a link to view the legislation here.

First of all, legislative 'pages' are generally pretty skimpy; they have very little lines and words per page compared to normal writing. A 1900 page document is the equivalent of about a 500 page book in normal print; and you're telling me that people who are tasked with voting on this don't have time to read the bill? I could read that in a weekend!

Pull the other one, Ican

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 05:52 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

A recent reply to the California legislature from Gov. Schwarzenegger...

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2009/10/27/ba-letter28_gr_SFCG1256695605.jpg

Very well written.

Even NPR did a little story about how "well written" this was.