51

AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Cycloptichorn

2  
Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:40 pm
@georgeob1,
You are introducing an entirely new subject here, probably as yet another distraction . We have been talking about the rescuing of failing companies, not LBOs undertaken by existing stockholders to get control of a company.

I've been talking about the same thing this entire time. I'm no longer quite sure what you're talking about. When you just stated that Bain doesn't engage in LBO's and doesn't pursue them as an investment strategy, you were completely wrong. When I provided evidence of this, you have not admitted that you were incorrect. Why is this?

How could you be engaging in this level of discussion, without knowing the most basic facts about how Bain operates? It boggles the mind.

That certainly does include the restructuring of the firm's capital to reduce net costs, including the costs of interest and taxes. It is merely the governments misfortune...

Right, it's the government's fault that wealthy investors find creative ways to screw citizens out of tax revenues.

I think we've reached the point of the discussion where it's simply a waste of time to try to get you to admit anything at all. You won't admit the most basic features of how LBOs work, how companies end up saddled with the debt used to purchase them (and how this screws both taxpayers and the workers of the company), and how Bain regularly did and continues to this day to specialize in LBOs.

Think I'll call it a day and let independent readers of the thread decide who has provided the stronger argument here.

Cycloptichorn

reasoning logic

1  
Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Unions today are parasites that produce nothing but move from host to host.

Isn't this stereotyping?

Did you see the unedited version of the attack on Steven Crowder?

georgeob1

0  
Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 09:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't know Steven Crowder, the circumstances behind the video. and don't have an opinion about it,but I did watch the video and listened to the juvenile commentary of the fat bearded guy.

Stereotyping is merely a common term in the prejudicial vocabulary of political correctitude.

My metaphor describing labor unions was accurate, and accurately describes their effects on our former steel, glass, machine tool and textile industries which, except for a few (non-union) companies, have all fled to Asia and Mexico.

Finn dAbuzz

1  
Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
The bit of this video this guy added in no way proves his contention.

We can't see Crowder pushing the thuig down, but we can see the thug punching Crowder.

reasoning logic

1  
Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 02:53 pm
This is a video I thought many would not want to mess, If they find value in reality.

plainoldme

0  
Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 06:21 pm
.
It will be interesting to hear the conservatives try to blame liberals for this:

http://www.politicususa.com/arkansas-oil-spill-video.html

Voice asMusic

1  
Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 05:52 am
@Foxfyre,
Hi foxfyre
Used to drink a lot of coffee with you until I got banned for reporting a mod.

You are one of the few good people left after it was invaded by the orange borg.
Walter Hinteler

1  
Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 06:15 am
@Voice asMusic,
Hmm. Foxfyre's last posts are seven years ago ... ...