My Car Was Stolen

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:26 am
It seems that the car was found! I don't know anything more - as in, whether it's in one piece or what the circusmstances were, but i'm sure littlek will report this evening.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:28 am
Hey!

That's already good-ish news, hope it gets better.

<crosses fingers and repeats "joyriders who are good drivers, joyriders who are good drivers...">
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:33 am
BBB
What a bummer! I hope it is good news about the car being found.

BBB
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:54 am
Whether it is good news or not depends on the condition in which it was
found. I had a 69 Ford stolen off the street in East Boston (no surprise,
there). It was already pretty well depreciated and the damage done by
the punks who stole it made it a total loss. In my case that was a good
thing. I probably got more from the insurance than I would have on a
trade in or sale. (...and no, I did not not pay anyone to steal it...)

It would be a bad thing for littlek if there is damage done because it
seems she doesn't any insurance for that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 10:52 am
i think it might be in one piece, since the note from kris was asking me if we can drive out there together to go get it... so i presume it's in driveable condition, which would indeed be great news.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 10:59 am
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1954/cactuszy0.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:26 am
Re: My Car Was Stolen
littlek wrote:
Should I be following up with the cops? Should I list my car on the stolen car website?

Any advice would be good, thanks......
I am sorry your car was stolen and read that it is now found. Just for future reference, when a car gets stolen and the police take the report, that info is put into their state system then that info goes to NCIC. So, if a car is stolen out of Idaho and a cop runs the plate in Texas, it will come up on their system as a stolen vehicle.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:36 am
Late arriving to the news. Bummer about the theft. Hope the car is not damaged.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:39 am
I'm late too. Thank God it was found. It's a violation, though, and it will feel tainted at first. Ick.

I can never understand people who have such little respect for others that they'll just help themselves to their stuff. I've had my car broken into and the radio (yeah, just a radio!) ripped off by some crack dealer - it was a horrible feeling knowing someone just stole something from me.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:44 am
yeah, we were talking about it yesterday. i wonder how it feels to steal a car... not really while you're at it, but later. you get home and, what...you watch tv? my head can't even begin to imagine what goes on in the heads of people who are driven to such things. of course, many are probably on drugs, or otherwise messed up... still, it's sort of fascinating to me.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:51 am
I hope it comes back in decit shape.

My parents had their car stolen right out of their drive way. The really weird thing was that there was a car packed in front of it and one parked behind it. When they came out in the morning all that was there was an empty spot - almost as if some one came and beamed the damn thing out. The only logical thing - besides beaming it out - was that the moved the car behind it, took the other car and replaced the car that was behind in the exact same spot.

They got their car back too, unfortunately it was totaled. Everything was removed and whatever wasn't removed was destroyed.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:04 pm
Total bummer, littlek!

I too hope your car just went for a joy ride and is not torn up.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:16 pm
Ok, I'm hoping the joyriders were good drivers and neat freaks too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:45 pm
Hoping that the car is still running and otherwise okay, too.

(Don't you have in the USA a "third party, fire and theft" insurance? I think, nearly any compusary third party insurance is sold with the fire and theft (and including some other damages) supplement.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:47 pm
I had a car stolen once, but , like a real a**hole, I left it open on a side street in Baltimore. I got it back but lost some contents.
Ive added Lojacks to our company trucks because we often carry nuclear material and , besides a product tag system that comes with the gages, we get an insurance saving of about 25% under the normal premiums.

The only problem with a Lojack is that one of ours armed itself and our guys were pulled over. Took a while to sraighten out and Lojack was real good about it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:10 pm
Hopefully the car is ok.

Honda Civic + parking on street in Boston = HAVE to have theft insurance. It's one of the most popular cars to steal, since there's a group of people who somehow think they're race cars, so they take them for parts.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:22 pm
Waiting to hear the extent--and limits--of the damage.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:45 pm
i guess she ain't gonna tell us nuthin.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 08:33 pm
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I am sort of giddy. Today was as non-stop as yesterday was lethargic.

The car was found one town over within 24 hours of being stolen. Another care of the same description came in with most of it's saleable parts removed. There was a short moment of panic before I found out which mine was. They hot-wired the car, ruining the ignition. It was towed to a lot/garage in Somerville. I don't know how they got in, windows are intact. Steering column is broken up. A window was open and it rained. They destroyed my shrinky-dink whale (I'm fu'd in the head) and left some trash behind. No new dents or other damage so far as I could tell from a quick peek.

The guy at the garage knows I don't have theft insurance and will try to find me a used column or wire combo (used? From a chop-shop?). I'll find out more tomorrow.

So, how effective are the steering wheel lock bars?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 08:39 pm
Hey littlek

Glad you got it back - bad that it needs work done.

Just sending you a hug ((xox)) and a kick up the bahookie to the ones who messed with your car. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies