My Car Was Stolen

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:08 pm
I think it's pretty official. My car was gone this morning when I went out to drive to work. I stood and stared at the empty spot on the street where I knew I'd parked last night. I walked up and down and around hoping maybe I had not parked where I thought I had. No car. Police came and went. I have a loaner for a week and a half. I had no theft insurance.

So, what do I do now? It seems that the city police have a system where they can see who has been towed and my car does not come up on that list. Should I call tow lots anyway? Should I wait a few days to see if it shows up? If so, for how long? Should I be following up with the cops? Should I list my car on the stolen car website?

Any advice would be good, thanks......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,337 • Replies: 90
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:09 pm
I'm going to bed now. I'll be back.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:13 pm
That's terrible. I don't have any practical advice, but I feel for you. I hate people who take the necessities of life from one like that.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:14 pm
Well, I know nothing about Boston, but I think you might want to consider all of the above. That really sucks, littlek.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:17 pm
No advice, only big sympathy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:21 pm
oh my god.

I would say post your car information everywhere.
If it turns out you are wrong, you can just remove it.

I. cant. imagine. how you feel.
What a violation. Im sorry you are going through this
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:23 pm
The police would know if the car was towed. Tow drivers are required to report the reason it was taken, the license number, and the location of where it was towed from and where it was dropped off. A city as large as Boston would have a computer record of the action.

I'm sorry to say it sounds like some jerk stole it. There isn't much you can do once you report it to the police. If some teenagers just took it for a ride it might show up again. If professionals took it, it's probably in a hundred little pieces in a chop shop. This really sucks.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:27 pm
well, if the car doesn't turn up, you know what to ask your parents for a graduation gift.

i would also do all of the above, register the car wherever registrable, bug the police, ask them what else you can do, maybe even talk to stavros, paul, mike and other neighbors if they saw anything.... Dunno, it all sucks, but the powerlessness of it sucks the most.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:31 pm
Sorry for your loss....the sense of violation sucks. I assume that it could not be a repo. Is it a model that is popular for parts? I had a car stolen out of a hotel parking lot, the police told me that they are chopped with-in 24 hours most of the time. If not that then you might get it back.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:32 pm
honda accord... i think those are unfortunately easyto steal.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:33 pm
That sucks.

Like GW said, though, it might still turn up. Report it stolen to the cops.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:37 pm
List of most stolen cars by State:

https://www.nicb.org/cps/rde/xchg/SID-4031FE95-2A71CAAB/nicb/hs.xsl/218.htm
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:24 pm
I'm so sorry littlek, those bastids!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:34 pm
My sympathies, Lil'K. If I could hep ya I would. Keep runnin' yer numbers everywhere ya can, and cross yer fingers...

RH
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:18 am
Sometimes life is one damn thing after another.

Perhaps, if you're lucky, they only wanted the air bag.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:11 am
Damn, that sucks. If there's anything that can be done from our end, let us know.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:28 am
(oh hunni - really p**d off for you too littlek) - (((((xox)))))
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:43 am
booooo to those bastids!

That sucks. But your car is probably in pieces by now, being sold off bit by bit.

Sad

I've never had my car stolen but I've had things stolen out of my car and it makes you feel very violated.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:45 am
Ouch about insurance, too. This is so the last thing you need.

Maybe it was a joyride by a couple of teenagers -- who are good drivers.

Yeah.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 08:04 am
That truly sucks. I hope it turns up soon, littlek.
0 Replies