Nader '08

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:33 pm
Ralph Nader is the political equivalent of a Corvair.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:39 pm
Driven by Michael Douglas?

Quote:
According to the two-page accident report released Wednesday by the city of Midland, Laura Welch was driving her Chevrolet sedan on a clear night shortly after 8 p.m. on Nov. 6, 1963, when she drove into an intersection and struck a Corvair sedan driven by 17-year-old Michael Douglas
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:31 am
BillW wrote:
real life wrote:
BillW wrote:
Truly, is it the same old people that need me to teach them CI?

1st lesson, the suspending of habeas corpus is not democracy, it is a tool of fascist.

Did FDR give German and Japanese POWs a lawyer and their day in an American court?

Disjointed, circular argument...

In case you hadn't noticed, it was a question, not an argument.

BillW wrote:
Bush doesn't recognize the Geneva Convention.....

Quote the Geneva Convention , specifically where it refers to whom it applies in this case.

BillW wrote:
Also, reverting to past wrongs to justify current wrongs is the proof of a fool, not wisdom.

If you are implying FDR was wrong to not grant German and Japanese POWs a lawyer and their day in an American court, explain why you think so.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:55 am
People who point out errors in grammar are just trying to put down the intellegance of those people whom they are correcting. What they really show is inability to prop up their own thoughts which makes their own intellegance questionable.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:02 am
It's great to see BillW back, and on the case.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:26 am
ehBeth wrote:
It's great to see BillW back, and on the case.

Agreed.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:36 am
real life ~ your arguments are disingenuous, therefore, totally irrelevant. I will not debate on the level of a 5th grader......
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:08 am
rabel22 wrote:
People who point out errors in grammar are just trying to put down the intellegance [SIC] of those people whom they are correcting. What they really show is inability to prop up their own thoughts [SIC] which makes their own intellegance [SIC] questionable.

I hear you.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:40 am
Setanta wrote:
Ralph Nader is the political equivalent of a Corvair.

what is incorrect about his assessment of america?

i have the same perspective ralph has about america and national political business parties, which is why the only democrats i would vote for in november are john edwards or al gore, because barack obama, hilary clinton or john mccain won't do $hit to help the working man. and the rich will just shove another fives inches of their collective dicks up our asses.

this country needs a revolution not another election with no actual choices.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 12:18 pm
basically true kuvasz, but American politics being what it is, Nader doesn't stand a chance. I have always believed that the candidate who embraces him and gives him a platform to espouse his beliefs will get his backing.....
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 02:50 pm
BillW wrote:
basically true kuvasz, but American politics being what it is, Nader doesn't stand a chance. I have always believed that the candidate who embraces him and gives him a platform to espouse his beliefs will get his backing.....

excuse me for the confusion, but i never said that ralph nader would be elected president. however his campaign would certainly talk about fundamental and systemic problems that no other candidate is willing to address. if your conclusion about my remarks about a nader campaign are that i expect him to be elected, you are wrong, i am talking about him affecting national debate by his mere presence. viz., ask obama or clinton if they, like nader are willing to call for the repeal of taft-hartley.

nader said that if john edwards were the democratic nominee he would not run, so nader is not doing this primarily to hurt the democrats, but for policy change.

and he should because the democrats are forming policy in a vacuum without any coherency of political philosophy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:17 pm
kuvasz wrote:
Billy wrote:

excuse me for the confusion, but i never said that Ralph Nader would be elected president. however his campaign would certainly talk about fundamental and systemic problems that no other candidate is willing to address. if your conclusion about my remarks about a Nader campaign are that i expect him to be elected, you are wrong, i am talking about him affecting national debate by his mere presence. viz., ask obama or Clinton if they, like Nader are willing to call for the repeal of Taft-Hartley.

Nader said that if john Edwards were the democratic nominee he would not run, so Nader is not doing this primarily to hurt the democrats, but for policy change.

and he should because the democrats are forming policy in a vacuum without any coherency of political philosophy

Good points, Kuvasz. That's one of the reasons I'm still hesitant about Obama. However, I used to vote on "principle" during past elections, but will vote for the candidate that reflects Nader's policies the closest - knowing that Nader does't have any chance at winning. Besides, it's still too early, and we still haven't seen all we can for the next eight months.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:59 pm
BillW wrote:
real life wrote:
BillW wrote:
real life wrote:
BillW wrote:
Truly, is it the same old people that need me to teach them CI?

1st lesson, the suspending of habeas corpus is not democracy, it is a tool of fascist.

Did FDR give German and Japanese POWs a lawyer and their day in an American court?

Disjointed, circular argument...

In case you hadn't noticed, it was a question, not an argument.

BillW wrote:
Bush doesn't recognize the Geneva Convention.....

Quote the Geneva Convention , specifically where it refers to whom it applies in this case.

BillW wrote:
Also, reverting to past wrongs to justify current wrongs is the proof of a fool, not wisdom.

If you are implying FDR was wrong to not grant German and Japanese POWs a lawyer and their day in an American court, explain why you think so.

your arguments are disingenuous, therefore, totally irrelevant. I will not debate on the level of a 5th grader.

You give up awfully easy.

You tried to argue the point until you contradicted yourself and asserted what you could not support.

Not surprising.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:31 pm
kuvasz wrote:
BillW wrote:

excuse me for the confusion, but i never said that ralph nader would be elected president. however his campaign would certainly talk about fundamental and systemic problems that no other candidate is willing to address. if your conclusion about my remarks about a nader campaign are that i expect him to be elected, you are wrong, i am talking about him affecting national debate by his mere presence. viz., ask obama or clinton if they, like nader are willing to call for the repeal of taft-hartley.

nader said that if john edwards were the democratic nominee he would not run, so nader is not doing this primarily to hurt the democrats, but for policy change.

Not trying to imply you wanted him elected, that is my conclusion of the situation.......Total amount applies to you ------> "basically true kuvasz,".
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:39 pm
Kuvy is right, God damn it (and God damn America!)!

The Democrat and Republican candidates are scum-suckers.

Demonstrate your individuality and your your adherence to principle and vote for Nader, Paul and whatever 3rd Choice you may have.

A vote for Nader is a vote for your principles!

Get with it Citizen!

(Please)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:44 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Kuvy is right, God damn it (and God damn America!)!

The Democrat and Republican candidates are scum-suckers.

Demonstrate your individuality and your your adherence to principle and vote for Nader, Paul and whatever 3rd Choice you may have.

A vote for Nader is a vote for your principles!

Get with it Citizen!

(Please)

Finn, I've tried voting my principles, but ended up with my tail between my legs. It produced nothing positive except a lost vote that was immediately forgotten after the election.

There's too much of a handicap with trying to vote your principle. For one, most are not even listed on the ballot, and the other handicap is most don't even know their names to write it in the ballot.

Having ssid that, I still admire those people who vote their conscience. In the final analysis, it's the right thing to do.

I will not stand by and let another Bush into the white house; my vote will go to anyone that challenges the Bush doctrine.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:55 am
I agree with you 100% ci. Now, for my concious, this election has 3 centrist running and that helps. McCain has already shot himself in the foot with his Iraq stance, but, I feel that it is mostly bluster anyways. But, the one thing in America that has got to be stop is the dreadful Republican machine, that hurts McCain also. The second worst thing in America is the Democrat machine <sigh> no wonder Politics suck. I have become very non-political.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:38 pm
BillW, It's not that we have become non-political, but that we have come to realize that the two party system we have has not improved this country for the better. Often times, we wonder where one party ends and the other begins. For those who continue to argue that Bush is a conservative don't know anything about their party or politics, but ignorance is so common today, it's disheartening to say the least.

Where do we go from here? That's the 64 billion dollar question.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:53 pm
When I say I am nonPolitical it means I no longer listen to politicians. It doesn't mean I don't care.

As usual ci, you the man. We think so alike. How is your brother doing, is he still in State assembly, or what ever the seat he use to have. If he's like you, I wish he would run for President :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 03:01 pm
BillW wrote:
When I say I am nonPolitical it means I no longer listen to politicians. It doesn't mean I don't care.

As usual ci, you the man. We think so alike. How is your brother doing, is he still in State assembly, or what ever the seat he use to have. If he's like you, I wish he would run for President :wink:

Yes, he's still in the state assembly. He seems to enjoy state politics.
0 Replies