Nader '08

Advocate

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 04:12 pm
Bush got he wanted from congress. Maybe the new pres will similarly do well with congress.
0 Replies

From Shinola

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 04:14 pm
Advocate wrote:
Bush got he wanted from congress. Maybe the new pres will similarly do well with congress.

Bush got what he wanted from congress because of the peculiar circumstances following 9/11. We now know how distorted those circumstances were and where it got us as a nation.

Unless the new CiNC has his/her own 9/11, he/she will just be running in place.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 04:14 pm
Advocate wrote:
You guys are cynical to a fault.

Both Hill and Obama are highly-intelligent, well-educated, and accomplished people suitable to run the country. Both have successfully worked "across the aisle."

Of course, almost anyone would be an incredible improvement on the moron currently in office.

In the heat of battle in this divisive and nasty election where people are losing friends and being most hateful to one another... I think all but the MOST rabid under 20% of the country can agree on that.... although it's little solace.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 04:51 pm
For the first couple of years, Reagan also got what he wanted through congress.

A Dem congress would probably give a new Dem pres what he or she wanted, at least during a honeymoon period of unknown length.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:27 pm
Did somebody compare Nader to herpes because he always comes back at the worst times?

I like Nader, but then I also like Noam Chomsky. I wouldn't want either to take votes from Obama.
0 Replies

From Shinola

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 08:07 am
"Liking" a candidate should be distinct from acknowledging a particular candidate's ability and qualifications.

I like Will Ferrell but I don't want him to be President.

On second thought....
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:03 pm
Nader is the Corvair of political candidates.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:24 pm
Advocate wrote:

Now, that is funny!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:24 pm
Advocate wrote:

Now, that is funny!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:55 pm
What about herpes?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 05:51 pm
This time around Nader is going to siphon off about 635 Democratic votes, but every vote counts.

Glad to see you back Ralph!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 10:59 am
Somewhat off topic, Lou Dobbs announced that he is going to do radio broadcasts three hours per day. It will be interesting to see whether this populist will succeed, perhaps making a dent in Rush's audience.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:24 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
This time around Nader is going to siphon off about 635 Democratic votes, but every vote counts.

If Nader's message appeals to people who do not completly buy into Obama's message (or Clinton's or McCain's) then they have every right to vote for someone else.

It is not Nader's fault if people support his message and agenda.

How long have people been asking for 3rd party candidates....or talking about the problems with our 2 party system.....you know, if Obama loses and him and Bloomberg choose to run as a 3rd party, I would support that choice as well, and guarentee you I wouldn't be complaining about votes being siphoned off of Clinton.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:30 pm
Good points, maporsch. I agree with you that citizens are free to vote for anybody they please; that's what our elections are all about; free choice.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:44 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
That's what we're talking about; congress is our countries achilles heel.

And your proposed alternative is what?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:46 pm
Nader is unsafe at any election.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 04:11 pm
Advocate wrote:

You have a very limited view of our nation and democracy in general.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 04:38 pm
maporsche wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Are you aware of the name of his defining book?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 04:56 pm
maporsche wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

If Nader's message appeals to people who do not completly buy into Obama's message (or Clinton's or McCain's) then they have every right to vote for someone else.

It is not Nader's fault if people support his message and agenda.

How long have people been asking for 3rd party candidates....or talking about the problems with our 2 party system.....you know, if Obama loses and him and Bloomberg choose to run as a 3rd party, I would support that choice as well, and guarentee you I wouldn't be complaining about votes being siphoned off of Clinton.

I couldn't agree more, and I guarantee you that I am not complaining about Nader siphoning off Democratic votes --- I only wish he would siphon off more, but those days are long gone.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:15 pm
Advocate wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Are you aware of the name of his defining book?

I get the joke.....and if that's all it is then I apologize for challenging you on it, but if you are using the joke to express your true thoughts (along the lines that Nader is bad for democrats and cost Gore the election in 2000), then I couldn't disagree more.
0 Replies