Nader '08

maporsche

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:16 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
This time around Nader is going to siphon off about 635 Democratic votes, but every vote counts.

Glad to see you back Ralph!

If Nader's message appeals to people who do not completly buy into Obama's message (or Clinton's or McCain's) then they have every right to vote for someone else.

It is not Nader's fault if people support his message and agenda.

How long have people been asking for 3rd party candidates....or talking about the problems with our 2 party system.....you know, if Obama loses and him and Bloomberg choose to run as a 3rd party, I would support that choice as well, and guarentee you I wouldn't be complaining about votes being siphoned off of Clinton.

I couldn't agree more, and I guarantee you that I am not complaining about Nader siphoning off Democratic votes --- I only wish he would siphon off more, but those days are long gone.

I misread your post then. My apologies.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 10:26 am
No one disputes the right to vote as one pleases. However, look at the damage that Nader did to the country by effectively putting Bush in office. Are you unaware of Bush's failures and destructive actions?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 10:29 am
Advocate wrote:
No one disputes the right to vote as one pleases. However, look at the damage that Nader did to the country by effectively putting Bush in office. Are you unaware of Bush's failures and destructive actions?

That was NOT Nader's doing. It was Gores (and the Supreme Court).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 11:36 pm
Advocate wrote:

No one disputes the right to votes as one pleases providing they vote as I prefer.

You never disappoint Advocate,
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 08:47 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Advocate wrote:

No one disputes the right to votes as one pleases providing they vote as I prefer.

Your post is a bit witless. Keep your day job.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 06:22 am
One thing I keep in mind about Ralph...

I actually drove a Corvair Monza once..... One of the two or three strangest experiences I ever had driving. Any time you tried to take any sort of a sweeping turn going downhill at anything more than about ten mph, and a VW beetle of the day could take such turns easily at 40, the Corvair behaved as if it were trying to tuck the inside front wheel under itself and flip over. I mean, this was a SPECTACULARLY dangerous car to try to drive.

Ralph played a major role in ridding the world of this monstrosity, at great risk to his own livelihood and safety.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 05:13 pm
Advocate wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Your post is a bit witless. Keep your day job.

Witless to the witless, as always.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 07:55 pm
Some people still don't understand what democracy is about. Sad, isn't it?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:06 pm
Truly, is it the same old people that need me to teach them CI?

1st lesson, the suspending of habeas corpus is not democracy, it is a tool of fascist. Shame on the rightwing, shame, shame, shame http://users.eastlink.ca/~borderviewfarm/December%20Photos/smilie%20shaking%20head%20NO.gif
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:51 am
would clinton or obama supporters show me where nader is wrong when he points out that the democrats and republicans are simply two parts of the national business party separated mostly by the abortion issue.

nader's politics ought to be the ones on which the democrats run, but they aren't, so i don't give a damned about the democrats anymore.

the democrats have held both houses of congress for over 14 months and we haven't seen them do a damned thing about iraq, and now the president spits in their face with recent epa rulings. so what was the point of electing democrats when they act like republicans?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 09:37 am
A good question that the Obamaites are possibly going to ponder for the next four or so years.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:22 am
kuvasz wrote:
would clinton or obama supporters show me where nader is wrong when he points out that the democrats and republicans are simply two parts of the national business party separated mostly by the abortion issue.

nader's politics ought to be the ones on which the democrats run, but they aren't, so i don't give a damned about the democrats anymore.

the democrats have held both houses of congress for over 14 months and we haven't seen them do a damned thing about iraq, and now the president spits in their face with recent epa rulings. so what was the point of electing democrats when they act like republicans?

The democratic congress has been a dismal failure; they have only supported the Bush donctrine for fear the American public would see them as unpatriotic. They're all stupid, and should be replaced.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:27 am
BillW wrote:

1st lesson, the suspending of habeas corpus is not democracy, it is a tool of fascist. Shame on the rightwing, shame, shame, shame http://users.eastlink.ca/~borderviewfarm/December%20Photos/smilie%20shaking%20head%20NO.gif

Did FDR give German and Japanese POWs a lawyer and their day in an American court?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:30 am
real life wrote:
BillW wrote:

Did FDR give German and Japanese POWs a lawyer and their day in an American court?

Disjointed, circular argument, rightwing tool, shame on you ~shame, shame, shame http://users.eastlink.ca/~borderviewfarm/December%20Photos/smilie%20shaking%20head%20NO.gif

Bush doesn't recognize the Geneva Convention, fascist tool to not recognize established doctrine; shame on him and the rightwing, shame, shame, shame http://users.eastlink.ca/~borderviewfarm/December%20Photos/smilie%20shaking%20head%20NO.gif
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:44 am
It's not just disjointed and circular argument, but in direct contravention of our Constitution, Bill of Rights, the Geneva Convention, and UN mandates.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:50 am
Also, reverting to past wrongs to justify current wrongs is the proof of a fool, not wisdom. Once again, a false reightwing tool ~ shame on them, shame, shame, shame http://users.eastlink.ca/~borderviewfarm/December%20Photos/smilie%20shaking%20head%20NO.gif

So many forms of illogic in one statement Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 12:39 pm
CI, you must be very insecure about your intelligence, since you constantly refer to others as stupid.

You refer to the congressional Dems as stupid due to their alleged support of Bush on Iraq. First, I think the Dems are supporting the troops, not Bush. Second, please tell us what they can do about Iraq in the face of their inability, thanks to the Reps in congress, to overcome Bush's vetoes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 12:50 pm
Advocate, I just calls em the way I sees em. It's interesting to note that only the people who disagrees with my opinion challenges my statement; there's no cure for stupid. It's obvious to some of us that understands what our form of decmoracy is all about including what our Constitution and Bill of Rights really stand for.

All you Bush supporters think you are right, but are blind to what used to make America great.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:18 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Advocate, I just calls em the way I sees em. It's interesting to note that only the people who disagrees [SIC] with my opinion challenges [SIC] my statement; there's no cure for stupid. It's obvious to some of us that [SIC] understands [SIC] what our form of decmoracy is all about including what our Constitution and Bill of Rights really stand for.

All you Bush supporters think you are right, but are blind to what used to make America great.

Based on all your grammatical errors, and your very false statement about my being a Bush supporter, your insecurity is well founded.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:29 pm
The only insecurity I have is based on all the lies and innuendos that came through Bush and his henchmen of this administration, and the other branches of government not controlling the breakdown of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. The overthrow of habeus corpus by Bush, and nothing being done by congress or the supreme court is a huge problem you seem to not understand or ignore.

That you can only show my error that you are not a Bush supporter or that my grammar is weak says nothing much of value.
0 Replies