dlowan wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Who's the dude in the middle?

psst, see title of thread

RH makes the ladies smile Cool

LOL! So, why does he wear caps? Shocked

'cuz he's silly and shy.

Hmmmm...perhaps he could give that up for Lent????

working on it... mebbe even past Lent.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:09 pm
And who's the saint of lost causes?

(googling)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:12 pm
Here ya go... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD3ovfZXO5Q

RH
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:16 pm
No need to google, that is/was St. Jude. My parents took me to the church/shrine in Chicago.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:23 pm
phftt... we don't need no stinkin saints.

we's a multi-talented krewe. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:35 pm
Actually, in my family it was a crisis. A friend of my dad's and his wife invested in prayers to St. Jude for the boy with leukemia. Boy's father was high up in SAC, but so what, re the question. The boy died.

My own family prayed to St. Jude for other reasons, day to day survival.

I, now, all these years later, what, a half century, surely don't care about saints, the constructs thereof.

But I do remember the hope.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:35 pm
Maybe the moniker Rockhead is apt. Why this lovely man doesn't let his face be shown more often is beyond me, except he really does have a few good reasons.

Who knows how many adoptive moms he has aquired by now? Between us and the younger women, who are not thinking maternally, to say the least, this is a very popular guy!

Boida, you want pavement? You'll get pavement. Whatever your Bronx-Manhattan heart desires. At this point it's a fantasy, after all.

Phoenix, time share in NYC sounds intriguing. I have no idea what the cost would be or if Dys and I could afford it, but wow, it sounds like fun.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:59 pm
Rolls over in joy at the mere thought, but, oh, never mind.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 09:32 pm
Well, the first five from Rocco are v. good. Hang in, I'll post them or punt, but will have obsevations in any case.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 09:52 pm
to clarify, back tomorrow.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 10:12 pm
Roll film...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgTrigy7UKk&feature=related

RH
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 10:23 pm
You're sorry, eh, she says snarling. Just because your photos are great from the back of a car with a lame camera, who do you think you are?

To all, far as I can see so far, RH's photos interest me.
He's too far away to for him to hit me with a figment of mozzarella.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 10:37 pm
I pick up that rh has a good eye.

On the rest of all this, talk tomorrow.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 12:21 am
Hey, RH sweetie, we're old, but come on, we weren't in vaudville!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 12:34 am
ossobuco wrote:
Fish in Kansas, fish in Albuquerque.... goodfking luck. The basic treatment is encrustation.

Frankly, the last place I lived, in the Eureka Arcata area of northern california, is pretty good re fresh fish. Oh, and grassfed beef, and struggling to be good dairy.

Cheaper than New York and... at sea level.

Da Big Apple isn't good enough for you. I gotta go with oithquakes and who knows what else? I like the sea level part though.

Maybe I should just be patient. The rate at which the polar icecaps are melting, you'll soon be at sea level, and NYC will be below. I'm taking a wild guess that breathing below water is probably more problematic than it is at a high altitude.

Diane wrote:

Boida, you want pavement? You'll get pavement. Whatever your Bronx-Manhattan heart desires. At this point it's a fantasy, after all.

Phoenix, time share in NYC sounds intriguing. I have no idea what the cost would be or if Dys and I could afford it, but wow, it sounds like fun.

If enough of you were involved, the monthly cost wouldn't be that high. Plus you could rent out the place to a2kers visiting NYC. Much cheaper than a hotel. Pro rate the monthly costs or sumthin.

As for RH, hat shmat. I like that boychik. He shouldn't get a swelled head from all this female attention. Then the hat wouldn't fit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 08:22 am
Pity the morning light that refuses to wait for dawn
and rushes in foolishly with its mercurial pride to challange
a responsibility that knows only triumph and gently bends
the stars to fit its will and cleans up afterwards all
that poor wasted light, leaving not a trace behind.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 10:31 am
I have no doubts that Osso will post some shots today, but I gotta get about and shop for a new ranch.

I need to talk to D and D a bit more before I tell my story from the weekend, but I do want to say a few words now.

I have lived my life in an abnormal fashion. I tend to drift from one interesting experience or opportunity to the next. I have had a desire to learn new things all my life. I have no real family but my Gram, and therefore no desire to stay in one place for comfort or tradition.

I have sat and talked or just listened to many men I have great admiration for, just for the enrichment of my own perspective. I am not a name dropper, but my friends can back me up. I am not necessarily motivated by money so much as knowledge. (I know, it makes no sense)

I tell you that to reinforce the sincerity with which I say this.

I have never in my life got more from a weekend of hanging out and simply learning about and feeling an incredible man's life experiences and hardships and triumphs than I did last weekend.

I have not come across a more caring and honest soul in my travels to date. He's gruff, he's to the point, but he see's and feels things that all of us should understand. Add to that two beautiful smart caring ladies, mix in some Jack and some dry humor, and by God you got a party.

Thanks all for a weekend to remember forever.

RH
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 11:26 am
Rockhead, all of our good friends know that the guest room is open to them anytime. You, of course, are included.

We love our house, but sometimes it would be nice to have a couple more guest rooms, but we also like it when we get to visit with just a few people at a time.

Note: Dys is wonderful, but you've never felt his elbow in your back in the middle of the night or had to fight Sally dog to get close enough to him to cuddle, or get him to take better care of himself (and taking better care includes you, RH). Cool
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 02:54 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Pity the morning light that refuses to wait for dawn
and rushes in foolishly with its mercurial pride to challange
a responsibility that knows only triumph and gently bends
the stars to fit its will and cleans up afterwards all
that poor wasted light, leaving not a trace behind.

These lines were written by dys. They appear fairly early in my Spontaneous Poems thread.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 05:42 pm
Edgar, that is way cool.

From what Dys had to say of you, I think I'd really enjoy a couple of long talks to include you as well.

RH
0 Replies