0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:36 am
Im going to make that recipe next week. That sounds WONDERFUL

and maybe the smell will attract you guys to my house Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 12:18 pm
Well, 25 minutes at 450 was too long... I'd start looking at them at 15 minutes. Also, I was careful to keep draining the chopped tomatoes, because you don't want the dough to get soggy..
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 02:08 pm
Great thread. Rockhead defintely looks suspicious. Hat, head down, hands in the pocket. Nice to put faces with names.
I take my calzones with cheese, pepperoni, anchovies.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 02:34 pm
Is RH up in the air yet... or has the eagle landed Question
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:18 pm
Headin' to the station in a bit, comin' back on the last flight to nowhere...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:20 pm
There you are - The Boy Is Back In Town - nearly Smile ((xox))
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:13 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Headin' to the station in a bit, comin' back on the last flight to nowhere...

I hope you had a great visit with the Albaturkians, RH. Welcome back - whatever horrid time of night it is. Stinky's gonna make you pay, ya know.

Dys, thanks for the pic. It looks like the gang was having fun. I can't wait to see all of you in May.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:26 pm
((((((((((((((((welcome back RH)))))))))))))))
Catch ya later mate Smile x
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 11:16 pm
Was it a fun time?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 11:46 pm
It was a mix of serious and fun. The calzone dinner was a classic for fun, if not for the calzoni.

Dys tires substantially with some ease and had been totally involved and sharp over many hours, needed a rest day today. Diane and RH and I checked out a favorite place, the Flying Star on Rio Grande, and then went up to Corrales for photos for his personal use. D and I couldn't quite remember where I'd shot the Sandia photos last year - we remembered the place, an artist's studio, but not its precise location. The trip to find it took us by the Indigo Crow, mentioned by me/us as a potential a2k type spot, looking for just the right road.. and then we did find it, and then got on (....... forgetting already), and after almost giving up, D saw the studio. We pulled into the driveway and were just pointing out the niftyness...
gads, that fence and gate...
those pots (the name is Anthro Pottery),
and, for me, the building..
and a woman came out of the house nearby and waved to us.
Diane and I had been there last May for the Corrales Art Fair or whatever they call it and really liked what was going on there; I think we both talked with her boyfriend. Anyway, she opened the studio and spent time with us. Such a good place and space. We were in a mild hurry re airport time. Ah well, we'll be back.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 11:48 pm
Aw, I was hoping for more photos of the calzones, the guest and at least one of the Dys. Real sorry to hear he was feeling so tired.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:03 am
I posted that on purpose, littlek. I worry about the Abq meeting, as Dys sparks when people come to visit, and his brilliant mind tunes up... and some of the more interesting conversations I've ever heard happen; at the least, the conversations are good. But his health is at knife edge and he always pays at some length afterwards, even from a relatively short visit, and I'm not kidding. Plus, he won't tell you he's tiring. (He'll kill me, but, oh, well, y'know he doesn't like me anyway.)

There will be photos of burnt and non-burnt calzoni, but not right away.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:30 am
Yeah, I gotta sleep a little 'fore I figger out where my camera is. (got my luggage relarranged for me by the friendly TSA staff, what a nice buncha folks...)

Had a great time, more tomorrah, I gotta go show up to work in not very damn long.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:39 am
Memories of not having my camera work, weird settings, after going through airports. Took me quite a while to catch on.

Glad you're home ok, rocco. I'll work up a better nickname in a bit.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 01:24 am
Uhhh, I got to stand back and watch while they rearranged it...(do not touch the table at any time, sir...)

Cool
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 02:25 am
Listen, babe, hair is dangerous.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 02:28 am
Shocked Laughing Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 07:54 am