Pics from Camp

JPB

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:39 am
Mame wrote:
On a side note, I can't do the other thing. I'm just not cut out for affairs with married men. I feel so relieved to have made that decision. What was I even thinking??? Good grief.

Not that you were looking for feedback on this bit but I'm relieved for you as well. Take the offer as the compliment it was and feel good about it and your decision.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:53 am
farmerman wrote:
Sulfides or garnets? Very Happy

FeS... sort of. I can explain more later when I get a better understanding of it. Peri something. Smile They're looking at copper banding or something.

Thanks, McT and JPB.

I need some help. I want to make good old fashioned USA fried chicken. I have never fried chicken. I usually bake it. These are rather large chicken breasts with skin and bone. I bought them specially for this purpose. I have no bread crumbs!! Will smashed up crackers suffice?

I've been on line and gotten several recipes, but I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

I have plain yogurt, half-and-half, and limited herbs and spices. I have paprika, cayenne, chili powder, some Maggi stuff, basil, oregano, garlic salt, and some cumin and coriander.

Has anyone here got a fabulous fried chicken recipe? Also, how long to cook? Oven or fried? I am going to do Dijon-roasted veg with this.

Oh, and should I make biscuits and gravy? Recipes welcome!

Thanks for your help.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 08:44 am
Calcopyrite (sp), moly, cu, galena, sphalerite, peritite
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:39 am
Two trucks collided because someone wasn't using his radio. I'll post pics later. ooops!! That must have made Mr. Doon & Gloom's morning even gloomier! Laughing
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:56 am
I still don't know what the gossip was. Well, I'm always last to know anything...... Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:50 am
My boss, who SAYS he's estranged from his wife, invited me to the Napa Valley for a wine tour. I was considering it... briefly.

Another medical emergency this morning - boy, there's a lot of drama happening these days -

Wes (pics to come of both truck and injured) hot hit with a pipe wrench in the head, causing him to fall about 3' off his stool, hitting his ribs on some machinery on the way down. Contusions, scrapes, swelling... nothing major. He's on his way to Medical Aid as we speak (bye bye Wes... hello 3rd or 4th replacement!)... Nice guy, I'm sorry to see him go.

First Cory the crack addict left (replaced by Cody), then Travis, to get his wisdoms pulled - replaced by Wes, one of a five man drill-crew because Bill came but left for a week for Easter Break, then Jason left with a swollen hand, to be replaced by Jake, now the replacement Wes has gone and who the heck knows who will replace him? And Landon is leaving on Sunday when Bill comes in because Landon's got a court date for a couple of DUIs. LOL

Aiii aiii aii aii aiii - very funny Smile This morning the VP-Ex calls to talk about when to shut things down so I had to tell him about the medical ER... didn't even mention the truck crash! ha ha

Still waiting on a fried chicken recipe, people!! Come on, give a girl a hand here. I can (and did) look them up, but I would prefer a tried and true from a fried chicken afficionado.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:59 am
Not a fried chicken person, so no help..

I had misunderstood the Napa thing. Thought you were supposed to work the wine tour in some way. Doh!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:27 pm
Simple fried chicken.
Soak chicken pieces in buttermilk for at least an hour. Drain, don't rinse.
Prepare all purpose flour by seasoning with salt and pepper. Add a couple tablespoons of paprika, onion and garlic powder. Optional:Cayenne.
Coat chicken pieces. Shake off excess.
This next step is a must. Use Crisco, or the equivalent, of vegetable shortening. Be generous with it. It's not the healthiest, but, it's key.
I've done this recipe a few times, and it's delicious. Even better is the cold leftover chicken the next day.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 02:21 pm
Why the Crisco? All I have is Tenderflake. Or Canola oil. Which is better?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 04:46 pm
Tappitytaptaptaptappitytap

So..... when do we get more pictures?
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:34 pm
The shortening has a higher fat content than canola oil. When you fry, use medium heat so the chicken cooks through and you end up with a golden crust. Now,..."tenderflake" Tenderflake? Is that not the pie crust? Season as recipe states above, and you might have a winning recipe.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:36 pm
Hey, I just uploaded them Smile Here is one of the trucks. This is the one that took the pt to the hospital. You can't open the driver door. Sheesh.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shot/Marten098Small.jpg

Here are the two - the dark, long-haired one is the dodo that didn't use the radio and the other is the patient.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/Marten101Small.jpg

Here is my tent, aka the First Aid Shack:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/Marten097Small.jpg

Here's our boardwalk - it's okay when it's frozen, but when it warms up, it's pure mud. Hence the pallets.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/Marten093Small.jpg

I have a pic of the other truck but haven't uploaded it yet.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:38 pm
Thanks!
(That was fast)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:39 pm
Don't know what that picture won't show. Trying again:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/Marten098Small.jpg

Here's another view.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/Marten099Small.jpg

alex - I've decided to bake them, thank you, though for your advice.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:41 pm
Mame, you cannot bake fried chicken... Rolling Eyes

RH
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:47 pm
mame :

it looks just like someone who didn't stop for the red light in the city !
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:10 pm
Yeah, and the Dodo looks like Rasputin.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 09:49 pm
Rasputin! Ha! Good one. We, well, I call him Dr. Doom (and Gloom). The guy, Wes, had 3 broken ribs and a concussion. He'll live, thankfully. But it's really unfortunate because he really needed the work. He has one kid, a stay-at-home wife and another kid on the way. He's a welder by trade but there's no local work, hence this job. Now this.

They're partying next door to me again and I can hear every blessed word. This is happening with increasing frequency, sigh. I'm tired. I want to go to sleep. They're laughing (which is always a really nice sound) and telling tall tales and drinking, eh... it's better than fighting.

Tonight was leftovers - leftover roast (I made Po Boys), lasagne, chicken fajitas, and perogies. Salad. Coleslaw. Made a pecan pie and a pumpkin pie. The amount they eat is highly over-rated. Highly. Why do I have leftovers? Well, I'm told to cook too much, so there you go.

Tomorrow they want Eggs Benny. Hmmm... we'll see.

I'm out next Monday and am overnighting in Smithers, then flying back to the Coast. I look forward to it, but am still enjoying things.

HBG: you got that right - Mathias (Rasputin) was in a truck with a non-working radio and he KNEW that. He didn't take a hand-held so it's all his fault. On these roads, the guy coming down (loaded) is always in the right. Mathias was empty, going UP, so he is in the wrong - that's twice. He was freaking out (drama queen) and wrote up a report that was fairly accurate and assigned no blame but the driller foreman (another drama queen) took issue with it and a big huddle ensued. whatever! get over it, boys. it's only metal. But it's the boss' truck so Dr. Doom was even more stressed! ha ha

As far as the 'other' truck goes, it's already a wreck. It collided into the cat (twice), the drill shed (once), and various tree stumps! lol

i need a massage, a manicure, a civilized toilet, and some female company, not necessarily in that order! lol

Anyway, it's time for bed and it's only 8:49 pm.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 11:23 pm
WOW, Mame, you leave me speechless!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 10:12 pm
Well, this is it... countdown. But of course that began two weeks ago. One more dinner and two more breakfasts and we're outta here. I'm booked on the 10:00 a.m. barge on Monday and back to Vancouver on Tuesday.

Four drillers left today, so just four left, plus all the others, of course. Niiiice. And easy.

I'm glad it's not a 3 month gig. Can't wait to see a sidewalk and a toilet, not necessarily in that order.

Gonna wander around Smithers, poke about in their stores, go to my hotel, have a SHOWER, then meet Estelle and her daughter for dinner. It's going to be wonderful.

The mud here is getting pretty bad. The snow has melted considerably, adding to the problem (the main one being it's not freezing during the day like it was).

Anyway, that's it from camp.

That's a roger, Roger.
0 Replies