Pics from Camp

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:01 pm
Mame wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Is she easy, roger?

What would it matter how easy any woman is with you given your performance the other evening? Laughing

Stop it!

I feel as if I have been cut by a knife.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:02 pm
Why me? Why me, Mame?

Why must I suffer your slings and arrows?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:07 pm
<tosses self on ground and waits for punishment>
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 01:41 pm
you know why.

ho.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 12:59 am
Mame wrote:
roger wrote:
Roger out. Roger that?

That's a roger, Roger. What's the vector, Victor? Ever see that movie? Very Happy

Dont turn the runway lights on mame.

re your investments depending on how (what stocks) you are invested you can either hold and rebuild profits or sell/transfer to minimize future losses. Look to the fundamentals (what are you actually invested in and how are these companies performing, what are their prospects) of your investment and seek professional advice.

I would suggest we are close to bottom of the subprime debacle now, there may be a few more waves to settle yet but I think we are close.

one thing you need to keep in mind is that share markets have ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS returned to new highs after corrections. Its just a matter of if you have time to wait.

In general I see this as a buying opportunity rather than a selling point.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:20 pm
Thanks, Dadpad. I agree they always return, but the credit card companies haven't begun to feel the pinch yet from people who have maxed out and I think we're in for a little longer time of this.

Ever since I came to camp here I have realized these guys do not know how to have a normal conversation. I mean, when they're just with me, they're normal. Okay, conversations about family, life, etc. But when they're all huddled up together, I understand nothing. It's double-barrelled this, dual-quaded that, dozer talk, accident talk, fish talk, hunting talk, machinery talk, repairing talk, fighting talk... I am amazed at how little I understand.

But I did learn two things today:

1. The serial number is always on the action of a shotgun. (good to know)

2. Nobody ever talks about a deer's weight (like fish) and they're never as much as 500 lbs (as Jason claimed, only to be scorned out by everybody). Also good to know in case I need cocktail conversation topics.

Another thing I learned:

If you cook one potato each, there will be whining because you didn't cook enough, but if you cook two potatoes each, nobody's in the mood for them.

So, I've done some research on leftover potato recipes and if anybody wants some, let me know. Pancakes and biscuits, that's about it, people. And they don't go over that well. Best throw the dang things out.

That's a roger, over and out.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:25 pm
I see none of them have German background, otherwise they would
eat left over potatoes in every form and shape. We simply love potatoes!!
How can they NOT like potatoe pancakes?

Besides, when a rather short Mexican had asked me: "How come you're
so tall?" I told him, it's all in the potatoes, and we Krauts eat lots of them,
more so then Kraut. Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:28 pm
Quote:
Just another one of those mysteries of life.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:33 pm
You got that right!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 12:48 am
deer = number of points.

IE I bagged a 5 pointer up the Butcher country track.

Pigs, by weight and tusk size in inches. No-one knows what you mean if you say a 12 centimeter boar.

Left over potato in tomorrows soup, as thickening.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 02:26 am
CalamityJane wrote:
I see none of them have German background, otherwise they would
eat left over potatoes in every form and shape. We simply love potatoes!!

Besides, when a rather short Mexican had asked me: "How come you're
so tall?" I told him, it's all in the potatoes, and we Krauts eat lots of them,
more so then Kraut. Laughing

At the end-of-term wingding at the Goethe Institut, Manchester (very few sentences begin that way) the ladies, many of whom were German from different parts of that country, made dishes for the buffet including many different sorts of potato salad, according to regional recipes.
Delicious.
Potato is my favourite food, hot or cold.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 05:06 am
Chop the potatoes into chunks. place in baking dish with bacon pieces and grated cheese sprinkle with cayene pepper or other condiment as desired. Top with more grated cheese.

Bake 15 mins (?) until cheese melts and browns satisfactorliy as everything is already cooked

If you want, add vegetables. cook and dice then add to potato. Layering can be fun.

Weve got a recipie for roast potato salad here somewhere.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:44 am
Dadpad, I'm going to try that one tomorrow. I have lots of baked potatoes that they didn't eat. Thank you. Will let you know how it goes.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 10:43 am
Glad to be of assistance mame.

I call it dovers au gratin. Lefdovers that is

mumpad calls it vegi-bake

You could probably do it under the grill.

The trick is not to overcook as all you need to do is melt the cheese and brown it a little on top. Preheat the oven. It can be a little greasy depending on the type of cheese.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:05 am
My daughter loves potatoes just like dadpad mentioned with bacon
and cheese, and it's soo good, such a hearty meal.

McTag, yes, a good potato salad is just divine - my mother's is out
of this world.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:11 am
Nothing left for me? I'm hungry..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:14 am
No wonder you're hungry, Francis, after the busy night you had. Laughing

I call my Mom right away, she might have some leftovers.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 03:27 pm
Well, this guy Jason banged his wrist rather badly three weeks ago. I happened upon it by accident. It was badly swollen and he couldn't use it very much. He refused medical treatment at that time, but I wrote it up anyway. I was awoken at midnight last night by him and the other medic - he had banged it again and it was twice the size it was before. He couldn't move his fingers at all and wouldn't let me probe it properly. I iced it and splinted it and today he went to medical aid. He's gone for good now. Hi replacement came in today - apparently he's a decent sort, thank heavens.

On a side note, I can't do the other thing. I'm just not cut out for affairs with married men. I feel so relieved to have made that decision. What was I even thinking??? Good grief.

I also told them I want to be out on the 5th as my sister is coming to visit on the 8th and we're doing an 8 day road trip (whoo hoo). So... what is that - 9 more days?

Kelly flies out on the 5th, so he can pick me up, we can have lunch, and I can drop him back at the airport. Then I can go get me some sushi! I have been craving it. Also some female company! I want to see my girlfriends!

They have found some good mineralization and have been drilling on both holes past their scheduled depth, so that's a very good sign for the summer drilling program.

Anyway, I'm off to make a halibut rub of some sort and get the rest of the dinner organized.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:24 am
"On a side note, I can't do the other thing. I'm just not cut out for affairs with married men. I feel so relieved to have made that decision. What was I even thinking??? Good grief. "

Did I miss some gossip? Shocked

Anyway, good for you, sweetie. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:34 am
Sulfides or garnets? Very Happy
0 Replies