perception

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:11 am
Dys wrote:

so i assume the National Post is also "fair and balanced"

Hmmm---about as fair and balanced as the ruling clan at BBC
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:11 am
perception, last time i checked colorado was still part of the USA. are you suggesting i am in error?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:14 am
Litleton, however, belongs in Alabama, politically (two words: Tom and Tancredo). Boulder? Here in Northglenn we are meistens moderrat. I will add that we have only the finest of soccer moms at Borders in the afternoon. Oooh la la!
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:15 am
I'm in the USA also----what has that got to do with your error?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:20 am
What can the UN do, if it agrees to enter Iraq in a larger manner, to avoid the appearance of being an American tool? From my understanding this has been part of the reason it has been under attack in Afghanistan.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:27 am
hobitbob, don't let that bug loose on the Iraq thread... Laughing Hope you feel better soon.

BillW, you posted a piece before the war, about how Kofi Annan could have brought the war to a screeching halt and become an international hero. Remember? It was a good article.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:27 am
Well---for starters ---- it could stop pouting about losing the billions it was skimming from the "oil for food" program and start being part of the solution instead of part of the problem
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:31 am
perception wrote:
Well---for starters ---- it could stop pouting about losing the billions it was skimming from the "oil for food" program and start being part of the solution instead of part of the problem

You mean exactly what by that, are referring to which evidence?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:32 am
Unfortunately, to be a high up UN official, one must be a politician. This means one gets the negative aspects along with the positive. That is the only explanation I can think of for why Annan just sat there looking annoyed when Georgie-Poo II uttered the whopper about Iraq not allowing inspectors back in, therefore the US was forced to invade. I was waiting for any comment from Annan about the incident, but none ever came. I think it is particularly chiling that the US is seen to be so unstable that letting a blatant lie like that slip is preferable to commenting on it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:34 am
anyone taking bets on when this forum gets locked?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:35 am
Give him an hour. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:36 am
It usually takes more than one person so it's not accurate to blame one individual.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:37 am
My bookie doesn't accept bets for threads with these 'comrades-in-arms' :wink:
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:37 am
I'm not sure I appreciate your avatar salivating under mine..... Shocked
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:42 am
I thought Chalabi (always looked like a toadie to me) actually stood up to Bremer and the US a week or so ago. Began to look like a little bit of a leader?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:46 am
Surely you remember Walter----it all came out before the war started. The Un has taken in about $12 Billion as their cut for administering the "Food for oil" program.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:52 am
Their cut? You think they pocketed it?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:53 am
"Came out" huh? Got a source, a citation?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:57 am
Craven wrote:

It usually takes more than one person so it's not accurate to blame one individual.

The root cause of the unpleasantness on this forum is Provocation. Some people provoke intentionally and then when someone responds sharply the group cries foul. Please observe who does what !
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 12:00 pm
Shouldn't be difficult to find---be back shortly.
0 Replies