The UN, US and Iraq IV

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:55 pm
The image of Dr Strangelove comes to mind......
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:58 pm
I'm resisting the desire to point out that it might be a suppository of Mass Destruction. I'm very proud of myself for resisting gratification of this desire.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:00 pm
Certs is a breath mint.
Certs is a candy mint.
Nope, Certs is a rectal suppository.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:00 pm
Slim Pickens - Bush, hmmmmmmmmm! Yes, got the connection now Wink
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:01 pm
laughing
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:23 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Yes well some clarification is due

but I can't be bothered. I stick by everything I've written. Read it again.
There are strict laws in this country regarding incitement to racial hatred, and a good thing too in my opinion.

Anti semitism is a particularly odious form of racism, it is unacceptable.

It is also unacceptable to make or imply unfounded and completely baseless allegations of anti-semitism just as it is to make or spread false allegations of rape or fraud or any other serious offense.

Timber I would like to take you up on your challenge

Quote:
While it would be no problem to dredge up similar sewage from The Left

Please give an example of blatant anti semitism from a recognised left wing or liberal source. [or to save posting another diatribe as above, just point to the source]

I understand that you can't be bothered re-reading a post of yours which you state requires clarification Rolling Eyes ; it must be such a drain to review your own posts...I certainly wouldn't read one again! Laughing

http://pnews.org/art/11art/2WARTS.shtml

http://revue-politique.com/6_01_06501.htm

http://www.betar.co.uk/articles/betar1059682577.php

http://www.tinyvital.com/BlogArchives/000007.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam_anti-semitism

You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely "anti-Zionist." And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth; when people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth...Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:36 pm
I am pretty much egalitarian, having been married to a jew, having been married to a christian, I think they are all bonkers.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:38 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:24 pm
Yes, Dys, I know...they keep calling me to tell me how crrrrrazy you are! But, seriously, prejudice makes absolutely no sense. Why put people into groups when there's so much to dislike about everyone individually? Cool
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:43 pm
Are Jews against Zionism anti-Semitic Semites?

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:58 pm
Right, Steve.
I too am anti-Zionist and not anti-Jewish.
Anti-semitic is a strange term and much misused, because Arabs are a semitic race too.

I'll have to go against Dr King and Suzette on this one.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:20 pm
Since all Europeans, and especially Germans, are anti-semitic, it doesn't really matter what I say.

Quote:
"What we are facing in Europe is an anti-Semitism that has always existed and it really is not a new phenomenon," he argues in response to an EU poll that rated Israel above Iran and North Korea as a threat to world peace.

Sharon throws out the distinction between anti-Semitic beliefs and legitimate criticism of Israel's policies in the Middle East.

"Today there is no separation. We are talking about collective anti-Semitism. The state of Israel is a Jewish state and the attitude towards Israel runs accordingly."

source: Interview: Sharon slams anti-Semitic Europe
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:31 pm
I've read everything since checking here earlier and figure the plan is for Dys and Lola to issue (and administer?) small nuclear devices in the form of suppositories to Zionists and (I guess) lousy wives of whatever background. Please try to avoid Ay-rabs with carbuncles and all other semites. Did I get this right? Does anyone have a link?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:58 pm
Recent-ish:Iraqis gloat over deaths of oppressors.
Quote:
``They are occupiers, and this is their punishment,'' truck driver Hisham Abed said Monday of the soldiers. ``The Americans make nothing but empty promises. There's no electricity, no gasoline and no work.''

Gunmen ambushed a U.S. patrol here Monday, wounding one soldier. Nevertheless, Mosul, Iraq's third-largest city, was been among the safest areas for American soldiers, a place where U.S. troops could stroll bustling streets and frequent stores and cafes.

Armed attacks have been fewer in Mosul than in the volatile ``Sunni Triangle'' to the south. Commerce flourishes, and Iraqis feel safe enough to venture out at night to a far greater extent than their countrymen in Baghdad and other cities.

However, anti-American feeling still simmers beneath the surface. It exploded Sunday, when assailants shot two U.S. soldiers driving through the working class neighborhood of Ras al-Jadda, sending their vehicle crashing into a wall.

An Iraqi mob, most of them teenagers, dragged two bloodied soldiers from the car, threw them to the ground and pummeled their bodies with concrete blocks, according to witnesses, describing a burst of savagery reminiscent of that in Somalia a decade ago.

A few accounts said the soldiers' throats were cut - either by the attackers or by the mob. That didn't set well with everyone in Mosul.

``We have our beliefs. It's not right to maim dead bodies, even if they were our enemy's,'' mechanic Ahmed Yaseen said. ``We're a free people and we want freedom.... But if they (the Americans) leave, the law of the jungle will prevail.''

Others, however, had little sympathy for the Americans.

``They kill people and barge in on families at night,'' Abdullah al-Mulla, who works in a gas station, said of U.S. forces. ``If an American came to my house at night and took me away in front of my children, I would have to take revenge.''

Such feelings are deeply held in a culture steeped in traditions of vendetta. Revenge killing is considered a moral act, even if the victim had committed no offense and was marked for death simply because of his identity.

``This is normal. If someone is killed his family has to take revenge,'' said Abed, the truck driver. ``The Americans kill people by mistake and then apologize the next day. This doesn't work here.''

Such opinions underscore the deep-seated problems facing the U.S. occupation as it seeks to win over the Iraqi population with aid projects and promises of a better future.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:47 pm
Quote:
Sharon throws out the distinction between anti-Semitic beliefs and legitimate criticism of Israel’s policies in the Middle East.

I think it just exposes the weakness of his argument. He must be getting pretty desperate in his efforts to halt the Road Map to peace. He's trying to drive a wedge between the EU and the US, but by drawing attention to this patently ridiculous definition of anti-Semitism, he risks stimulating the American public into thinking.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:56 pm
Quote:
he risks stimulating the American public into thinking.

PLEASE!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:08 pm
Meanwhile, back to the pork!Oink, Oink, Bang Bang!
Quote:
Bush Signs $401B Defense Bill

Nov 24, 2003 3:41 pm US/Eastern
WASHINGTON (AP) President Bush honored the sacrifices of U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan as he signed a $401.3 billion defense authorization bill Monday and said, "America's military is standing between our country and grave danger."

Bush stopped at this military base en route to a weeklong stay at his Texas ranch. He went through a cafeteria line at the mess hall, picking fried chicken and corn on the cob, and sat down with about 100 soldiers.

Fort Carson has lost 27 soldiers in Iraq, and Bush was meeting privately with nearly 100 relatives of the victims. Four of the victims were among the 16 soldiers killed Nov. 2 when a helicopter was shot down in the dangerous Sunni Triangle near Fallujah, Iraq. Fort Carson has sent 12,000 troops to Iraq, its largest deployment since World War II.

At the bill-signing ceremony at the Pentagon earlier in the day, Bush said U.S. forces are facing "a great and historic task" to confront and defeat terrorists.

"The stakes for our country could not be higher," the president said . "We face enemies that measure their progress by the chaos they inflict, the fear they spread and the innocent lives they destroy."

The U.S. military toll rose Sunday when two U.S. soldiers were killed, then pummeled with concrete blocks, and a soldier traveling in a convoy was killed by a roadside bomb. In Afghanistan, five soldiers were killed Sunday in the crash of a transport helicopter near the main U.S. base.

U.S. policies in Iraq are a major political vulnerability for Bush in the 2004 election season.

After months in which more than half of Americans approved of the president's handling of Iraq, a recent CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll showed disapproval at 54 percent and approval at 45 percent. Other polls find the public evenly divided on that question.

Public approval of Bush's handling of the economy, meanwhile, has increased recently with positive news on that front.

Families at Fort Carson, near Colorado Springs, generally have supported the war effort, but there have been voices of concern.

Harriet Johnson of Cordova, S.C., the mother of Spc. Darius T. Jennings, one of the four Fort Carson soldiers who died in the crash of the CH-47 Chinook helicopter, said she was upset that Bush did not stop to speak with her family when he was in South Carolina earlier this month.

"I understand he may not be able to talk to each one of them direct," she said. "He was in my hometown. Something should have been said."

On the other hand, the stepfather of Marine Lance Cpl. Thomas Slocum, who was killed in Iraq on March 23, said he believes Bush takes responsibility for the U.S. casualties, which have topped 400. "If President Bush were go to every family, it would take too much of his time, and if he sees one, he has to see them all," said Stan Cooper of Thornton, Colo.

Among other things, the defense bill before him at the Pentagon:

# Raises salaries for soldiers by an average of 4.15 percent, and extends increases in combat and family separation pay.

# Calls for the Air Force to lease 20 Boeing 767 planes as in-flight refueling tankers and buy 80 more.

# Partially overturns rules preventing disabled veterans from receiving some retirement pay as well as disability compensation.

# Grants Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld increased control over 700,000 civilian employees. Pentagon officials said restrictions on hiring, firing and promoting employees forced them to use military personnel for jobs better suited for civilians. Democrats said the bill goes too far in stripping overtime guarantees and job protection rules.

# Lifts a decade-old ban on research into low-yield nuclear weapons and authorizes $15 million for continued research into a powerful nuclear weapon capable of destroying deep underground bunkers.

# Exempts the military to provisions of the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act. The Pentagon claimed environmental laws restrict training exercises; environmentalists said the laws have had little effect on training and that the exemptions go too far.

The president ends the day at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, where he will observe Thanksgiving with family members.

On Tuesday, he makes a day trip to Las Vegas for a campaign fund-raiser and a speech on Medicare at Spring Valley Hospital, followed by similar appearances in Phoenix.

0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:17 pm
Steve, ya' were just born a bit late to throw out your views to a completely captivated crowd. However, if you want complete adherence to your slander, post on White Aryan Resistance or the Church of the Creater...even KKK; we're still 'top of the pops' there.

It's certainly not worth it to me to continue to participate in this particular thread only to be reminded that so many people who are so decent on other issues have have swallowed hook, line and sinker the unvarnished Islamic truth about the ME situation. (I understand there are no suicide bombers either - that's the only one Israel's been able to keep alive. I don't understand why though.)

So, have at me...seriously, especially the Jewish kapos on this thread, who will back you up and confirm your every feeling and wildest wet dream about the Jews and about Israel...I really won't return now that I understand what this is all about.

Sieg Heil to ya' ... you feel all warm and fuzzy? Good. That's nice.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:27 pm
Tartarin wrote:
I've read everything since checking here earlier and figure the plan is for Dys and Lola to issue (and administer?) small nuclear devices in the form of suppositories to Zionists and (I guess) lousy wives of whatever background. Please try to avoid Ay-rabs with carbuncles and all other semites. Did I get this right? Does anyone have a link?

Here ya go kid ..... but for the life of me I don't know why ....

Lancelot Link
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:-FypnCx4ImsC:www.bfvf.org/festival/2000/images/big-lance.jpg
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:34 pm
Reconstruct this ....

Quote:

Guardian report: Concern of misspending of 20 billion dollars of Iraqi aid
Iraq-USA, Economics, 11/15/2003

The UK Guardian reported yesterday in a report about the US aid to Iraq and the way it is being spent that "We have a sort of 'obligate-it-and-forget-it' approach to a lot of this,'" according to Anthony Cordesman, a former State and Defense Department official "who just returned from a visit to Iraq with a firsthand assessment of the reconstruction."

The Guardian said "Among the problems, according to Cordesman: The United States does not effectively monitor Iraqi perceptions of the reconstruction, nor has it properly assessed what rebuilding jobs need to be done first. Also there are not enough experienced experts in the country to ensure the work gets done correctly."

The Guardian quoted Cordesman saying "It is always wasteful to half-fix something, or to design a system which really isn't all that good and doesn't meet international standards. But, if you need something now, you may be better off with the mediocre rather than the good .. Either trade-off I don't see being made very well.''

The Guardian report quoted Lloyd J. Dumas, an economist at the University of Texas in Dallas saying " The Iraqis say they are concerned that this money will be mismanaged - for example, they have complained that it was unnecessary to train 35,000 Iraqi police in nearby Jordan at a cost of $1.2 billion ...The Iraqis said we could have done it much cheaper in Iraq. The French and the Germans offered to do it for nothing...We're spending money in Iraq like drunken sailors. We're trying to create a democracy in Iraq, we're trying to create a competitive economy. We have to use a process that is competitive and open. That's not what we've been doing.''

SOURCE
0 Replies