HOW DO YOU ENRICH YOUR SOCIAL SKILLS? PLEASE HELP !

chrome

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 12:43 am
MisterEThoughts, the only to get over being shy and nervous is to jump in with both feet. I used to be very shy. You would never believe that now if you knew me.

Stop thinking about how the person you like will reject you and start talking to them. Stop thinking about it and do it. That is key. Do it. It is however a really good idea to have something to ask the person prepared.

An example would be to ask how the person is doing. "Hi, candace, how's your day going?"

Candace: My mom's on my ass because I stayed up late at a friends watching movies.

You: Parents, they are always on your ass. What movie were you watching?

Okay so that was really a simple and easy conversation, but you get the point. Ask about them, just talk. When you ignore the nervousness and force yourself to move forward with the conversation, you actually will have a conversation.

A few things you should know, you will say something dorky sooner or later. That is okay. Move on. It is how you recover from the dorky thing you said that matters more, than the dorky thing that came out of your mouth.

Use humor. People love to laugh, plus it is extreamly healthy to laugh. You don't have to be the class clown to be funny, you just have to find the humor in any situation to be appreciated.

Don't be so serious about everything. Keep the mood light. Conversations should be fun. No one likes people who are overserious, that is so last millenium.

Okay, I hope that helps. Good luck.
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:22 pm
thank you sooo much hella yea this helped thank you both for this it did help thanks once again.
0 Replies