Do You Like Obama?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 08:46 pm
engineer wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
..... but then some overzealous Obama supporter would accuse me of biing a racist... :wink: (not you)

It seems the trend on the board for the last week or so is intense Obama hatred, not the other way around. I guess that comes with front runner status. After all, McCain is getting the treatment on the other side.

I don't hate Obama and never did. I think he's a bad choice for the country and I disagree with his elevated to god like status, but I certainly think he's an improvement over the status quo. I just think he's a guy who waqnts to be president and isn't ready and already shows signs of being influenced by the worship and the potential for so much power.

It's his overzealous followers I have come to dislike intensely.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:03 pm
engineer wrote:
It seems the trend on the board for the last week or so is intense Obama hatred, not the other way around. I guess that comes with front runner status.

That's what I dread. The rip-roaring ripping to shreds after such an intense building up. It's not the man. It's the frenzy that surrounds him. Fed by the media mostly. So stupid and so unneccessary.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:13 pm
engineer wrote:
It seems the trend on the board for the last week or so is intense Obama hatred, not the other way around. I guess that comes with front runner status.

Whatever perceived hatred exists now follows 6 weeks of arrogance, belittling, name-calling and general ill will initially directed at Clinton supporters.

I guess that it does come with the front-runner status. It's unfortunate to hear you complaining about it now, but I don't recall any compliants 4 weeks ago.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:18 pm
engineer wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
..... but then some overzealous Obama supporter would accuse me of biing a racist... :wink: (not you)

It seems the trend on the board for the last week or so is intense Obama hatred, not the other way around. I guess that comes with front runner status. After all, McCain is getting the treatment on the other side.

Intense hatred? Examples?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:21 pm
if you pointed out to these mouth frothers that Obama had a piece of lettuce stuck between his teeth you'd be branded an intense hater Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:21 am

Try to keep up.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:01 am

That's where I saw the link first, Joe. Don't worry, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:45 am
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
engineer wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

This entire thread, Miller's dozen or so truly nasty threads, etc.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:49 am
maporsche wrote:
engineer wrote:

Whatever perceived hatred exists now follows 6 weeks of arrogance, belittling, name-calling and general ill will initially directed at Clinton supporters.

I guess that it does come with the front-runner status. It's unfortunate to hear you complaining about it now, but I don't recall any compliants 4 weeks ago.

I'm not so much complaining about it has pointing it out. I agree that Clinton was under the microscope when she was the self proclaimed front runner. She got a lot of abuse from both the right side of the house and some from the left. Now Obama is getting it. Just don't fool yourself that you are any different from those you criticize.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 10:49 am
engineer wrote:
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
engineer wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

The words 'hate' and 'hatred' don't appear in this thread - except in your posts.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 11:02 am
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
engineer wrote:
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
engineer wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

The words 'hate' and 'hatred' don't appear in this thread - except in your posts.

Of course not. If you are a bigot, you don't write bigot in your posts, the person who points it out to you does. (Not to say that the anti-Obama crowd is bigoted, that's just the first analogy that comes to mind.) One of Miller's threads taken in isolation is just nasty. All of them taken as a group points to hatred. Based on the frequency, intense hatred.

I'm not saying the anti-Obama crowd is worse than the anti-Clinton crowd, only that its not any better.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
I don't think "this entire thread" - having just asked the question, "Do you like Obama?" - is indicative of 'intense hatred'. Most of the answers were positive.

If I say that I fully expect him to walk on water and raise the dead sometime before November, would you categorize that as 'intense hatred'?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:25 pm
maporsche wrote:
engineer wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the above and add:

For the past ~8 years we've seen thousands of anti-Bush posts. So, why get all excited about a few anti-Obama posts ? If you can dish it out, be prepared to get it back .

All's far in love and war.

By the way, Engineer from NC, I don't hate anyone and never have. It's against my religion.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:06 pm
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
I don't think "this entire thread" - having just asked the question, "Do you like Obama?" - is indicative of 'intense hatred'.

Is that true BPB? No sarcasm at all? Laughing
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:20 pm
Miller wrote:
For the past ~8 years we've seen thousands of anti-Bush posts. So, why get all excited about a few anti-Obama posts ? If you can dish it out, be prepared to get it back .

All's far in love and war.

I didn't say otherwise. BPB gave some excellent advice somewhere recently to the effect of if you can't take a flame, you shouldn't be here. Truly excellent advice. But as you ridicule Obama supporters for their arrogant, belittling attitudes, recognize that your comments are exactly the same. No better, no worse. As you said, all is fair and you can give as well as you get. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that you hold some moral high ground compared to the evil other guys.

Miller wrote:
By the way, Engineer from NC, I don't hate anyone and never have. It's against my religion.

Well, Miller from Mass, I find some of your numerous threads extremely repulsive and bigoted. Personally I can't believe that you could post some of that without a degree of loathing that most people would interpret as "hate." Should you post the same about Clinton or Bush, I would feel the same. Undoubtedly, you don't feel that way. Still, if you want to sit on your high horse and claim that your are all sweetness and light while those opposite you on the political spectrum are arrogant and obnoxious, who am I to point out reality to you.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:22 pm
Quote:
By the way, Engineer from NC, I don't hate anyone and never have. It's against my religion

Cool
0 Replies