I like most of you folks though.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,994 • Replies: 75
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:31 am
As a person, he seems like a pretty neat guy. As a possible president, I think that Washington has gone over their quota of hot air.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:36 am
Brilliant speaker, very attractive personality, probably very intelligent.

I find his ability to generate so much excitement, combined with the rather unbounded character of the non-specific promises he makes for change and righting the wrongs of the world through the action of a government he leads -- all very worrying. History is full of such characters and most of the people they led suffered for a long time as a result of their deeds.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:40 am
Can't look at him, can't listen to him, but do like reading him.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:15 pm
During an election, I really don't like anybody because of the way they have to promote themselves but I liked him before all of this got started last year and I think later on I'll like him again. Alot. He's smart, seems to know how to talk to people on a personal level, he's beyond the everyday bullshit and that's always a big plus in my book and, another big plus, he seems to have a sense of humor. Not the yuck-yuck kind but a sly, intelligent sense of humor.

For what it's worth, I don't like Hillary but her husband, I'll bet, is a hoot and we could probably party! I like Bill for the same reasons as Barack. Except the 'beyond the everyday bullshit' part. Oh, Bill has proven himself to be very much a part of the bullshit. But, if his wife wasn't running, I'd forgive that too. After all, nobody's perfect. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:21 pm
and what a dull world if everyone was :wink:
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:29 pm
Re: Do You Like Obama?
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I don't care much for him.

I like most of you folks though.

Never met the man.

Do you like Turkish baths?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:33 pm
but surely you have formed an opinion of him based on the constant barrage of information, opinion, audio and video record placed in front of you 24/7?

Or are you just being contrary because it's me :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:35 pm
PS If you define Turkish bath as basically a steam room yes I absolutely love them, especially when I've been singing in a smoky place the night before and my throat is dry. It really softens and mositens the vocal chords as well as relaxing the muscles after a workout or just general tightness due to stress or lack of rest. I take them often at the gym.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:42 pm
Are you sure he wasn't referring to taking a bath with two Turks?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:44 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Are you sure he wasn't referring to taking a bath with two Turks?

pretty sure.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:50 pm
I would like Obama more if he would try to truly help those in need instead of promising to keep them enslaved through wealth transfer.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.... Teach a man to fish....

and he'll sit around in a boat drinking beer all day! Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 01:51 pm
I don't really know Obama, so I can't say I like him.

As far as Michelle Robinson Obama goes, I like her 'cause the two of us have quite a bit in common.

I'd like her more if she'd get rid of her Hispanic nanny and hire a black woman to take care of her girls and I'd like Michelle to move her mother ( Marian Robinson ) out of that dumpy house on the SouthSide of Chicago and locate her either in Hyde Park with the Obamas or in a nice, quiet well-to-do suburb with little gang violence.

Give the woman some peace for God's sake.

Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 01:55 pm
Miller wrote:
IGive the woman a piece for God's sake.

Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 02:17 pm
Miller wrote:

Cool

:wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 02:29 pm
Miller wrote:
I'd like her more if she'd get rid of her Hispanic nanny and hire a black woman to take care of her girls

Quote:
She has been transparent about more mundane things, too, like leaning on her mother for child care while she is on the road.

Mrs. Obama does not have a nanny, only her mother. "Thank God for Grandma!" Mrs. Obama says more than once on the campaign trail, adding that she "couldn't breathe" if she thought her girls, who attend private school here in Chicago, were being neglected for the campaign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/14/us/politics/14michelle.html
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 02:34 pm
I wonder why their kids attend private school in Chigago?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 02:39 pm
you do?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 02:41 pm
Yeah, Chicago, sorry for the typo.

I wonder if they did before he became a Senator? And if so, why?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 02:50 pm
Miller wrote:
I don't really know Obama, so I can't say I like him.

As far as Michelle Robinson Obama goes, I like her 'cause the two of us have quite a bit in common.

I'd like her more if she'd get rid of her Hispanic nanny and hire a black woman to take care of her girls and I'd like Michelle to move her mother ( Marian Robinson ) out of that dumpy house on the SouthSide of Chicago and locate her either in Hyde Park with the Obamas or in a nice, quiet well-to-do suburb with little gang violence.

Cool

Don't be ridiculous. Ms. Obama's mother is still in that tiny little house on the Southside because that's where she wants to be. I'd bet money on it.

You haven't encountered hell until you've tried to move an elderly woman out of her home. They will go as far as to DIE on your ass, just to make their point.
0 Replies