urs53

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 03:46 am
bm
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 04:09 am
Francis wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Is this Italg/massagat/whatthehello again?

The endless point avoiding babble resembles it.

Could be, so arguing is pointless..

If I was as stubborn as foofie about keeping people safe I would ask him why most of the houses in the tornadoes hallway states do not have storm shelters, tornado shelters?

Have you seen the number of victims lately?

Aaaaah....don't let the turkey get you down!!!!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21mgWQG55KL._AA140_.jpg
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 04:50 am
No, I will not..
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 10:56 am
Amigo wrote:
This cjhsa guy has got to be one of the most mixed as$holes on this website.

Imagine coming onto a website with one random picture and falsely accusing a people/country of such a thing.

I'd like to knock that f#@ker out.

and this right after I thought he might be missunderstood.

I'm always up for a fight. Of course, you won't get within 30 feet of me.

As far as the tornado shelters go, most homes in areas that don't have high water tables have basements, which double as storm shelters. If you take a direct hit from a tornado though, there's no guarantee a basement is going to save you. Another problem is when the storms come at night when people are sleeping. In rural areas there are no sirens, so you never have any warning what is coming.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 11:54 am
I was just kidding.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:12 pm
cjhsa wrote:
As far as the tornado shelters go, most homes in areas that don't have high water tables have basements, which double as storm shelters. If you take a direct hit from a tornado though, there's no guarantee a basement is going to save you. Another problem is when the storms come at night when people are sleeping. In rural areas there are no sirens, so you never have any warning what is coming.

I was expecting someone coming up with explanations that aren't sought.

I know already all the problems related to tornado shelters.

I know those of fire escapes either.

I was just making a parallel between two similar questions, one of them asked by foofie, who obviously knows nothing about it.

It doesn't prevent him from making nasty and twisted comments on the European way of life he evidently ignores.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 07:45 pm
Amigo wrote:
Foofie is a reverse anti-semitic. Is there a name for that yet?

It's very......sick.

No. Foofie knows the score, relative to a good percentage of other people's beliefs. Society socializes us with many beliefs, if your not aware. It's really a form of brainwashing.

So, why should I play the game and want to endear myself to most people, knowing they might be false friends at best?

But, in my own opinion, that I adopted from listening to people with my background that lived in Europe pre-WWII, and they saw the attitude many people had towards Jews in many countries, the United States is like another world. In other words, in my opinion, many Americans may not love everyone, but many don't have the deep prejudices that Europe had for centuries. American society, I believe, is just more fluid, more flexible, while European society has the mores of centuries that is just different. Why must I like Europe, and Europeans? I don't dislike them, I just don't care for them. It's a preference, based on the existence of Americans.

To me, Europe has a smugness about its sophistication, that to an American, like myself, it just seems so pompous. I'm talking about the culture. People are individuals naturally.

By the way, a reverse anti-Semite is a philo-Semite (philo=to like), but that's not what you were looking for. The reason there's no word for what you were looking for is because only the majority gets to define words. Minorities, and their likes or dislikes, are of no consequence to the language of the majority.

Also, why is there, what appears to be, a mass delusion that Jews should not have strong feelings for the years of anti-Semitism that continues in some countries? Is there a naiveness amongst the collective Gentile (White) culture that Jews are like lap dogs, and as soon as they aren't kicked, they jump into one's lap? The "feelings" I'm talking about is not a "reverse anti-Semitism," since anti-Semitism manifests itself against Jews for no other reason than Jews are Jews. What I'm talking about is cause and effect: centures of either overt persecution, or a milder social pariah status, and therefore, a Jew with a brain just may not want to be every Gentile's friend. Does a Gentile have to be every Jew's friend. I think not.

In other words, while there are quite a few American Jews that will not buy a Volkswagen, or take a vacation in Germany, I've just extended that attitude to include Europe. That's based on my belief that Europe has a collective guilt for the Final Solution, since the Nazis couldn't have done their atrocities, if centuries of anti-Semitism wasn't part of the popular culture in so many European countries.

When I take a vacation it is in the U.S.A. Some people in the U.S., as Americans, might just find me a little amusing, or a novelty, but no overt distaste. There's a difference. That's why I like to copy the pledge of allegiance from Wikipedia:

The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute.

Get it? When there's an America to pledge allegiance to, why should I be bothered by Europe and making nice to a continent that, in my opinion, understands that the Holocaust "was wrong,"but damn it if I ever heard any remorse in anything I've heard or read.

P.S. It's now 8:33 p.m. Friday night, so I'm secular, and my family was in the U.S. as early as the 1880's, so my feelings do not reflect any loss of family. It's just my feelings as a student of history.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:16 pm
Foofie wrote:

But, in my own opinion, that I adopted from listening to people with my background that lived in Europe pre-WWII, and they saw the attitude many people had towards Jews in many countries, the United States is like another world. In other words, in my opinion, many Americans may not love everyone, but many don't have the deep prejudices that Europe had for centuries. American society, I believe, is just more fluid, more flexible, while European society has the mores of centuries that is just different. Why must I like Europe, and Europeans? I don't dislike them, I just don't care for them. It's a preference, based on the existence of Americans.

You do, I hope, know, that your America shut the borders down for Jews during the WWII.... And put Japanese people in internment camps... That's a loving attitude, yay!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:27 pm
My former father-in-law escaped from Germany and was denied admittance to the USA his being a German Jew and all so he went to Cuba and illegally took a boat to Florida where he worked his way up to NYC where he worked as a translator at the UN. I dont think he said the pledge all that often >My own family arrived in Acadia Canada in 1540 eventually migrating down to Louisiana where they became "cajuns."
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:55 pm
Foofie, I hope you are productive when you are not posting here, cuz if not, then that would be just sad.....

RH
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:05 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Foofie wrote:

You do, I hope, know, that your America shut the borders down for Jews during the WWII.... And put Japanese people in internment camps... That's a loving attitude, yay!

Yes, I know the history. So what if this country didn't allow foreign Jews in that didn't speak English? They should have been allowed to live in peace in Germany where they did speak German. Like I pointed out in an earlier post, I avoid contact with most present Jewish immigrants from the ex-Soviet Union (or non-Jews from the ex-Soviet Union, but they usually avoid me also). I'll include Israelis. Oh, what the hey, I'll include American Jews from outside the tri-state area! I'm really quite limited as to who I can relate to.

And, the internment of the Japanese was wrong. I wasn't alive then, and don't know what paranoia might have existed? But, I'm talking about today, as far as my preference for the American mores, culture and people.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:19 pm
of course, you only choose to know and see what's convenient.

and i agree, you are rather limited.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:20 pm
dag, you and littlek seem to have an edge lately. Is it the economy?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:24 pm
we do what we can, gus.... but times are tough

http://yousaverealestate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/mortgagebroker.JPG
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:28 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
of course, you only choose to know and see what's convenient.

and i agree, you are rather limited.

Only gratuitous opinions about me? Or, is this repartee? No it isn't. I have no opinions about you.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:29 pm
just paraphrasing what you said about yourself in your own post.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:34 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
we do what we can, gus.... but times are tough

http://yousaverealestate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/mortgagebroker.JPG

I applaud your spirit and wish you the best with your latest endeavor. If the sign is any indication, you are off to a spectacular start.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 01:01 am
German fireman: Zrow za babee down hee-a!!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 03:25 am
Stray Cat, a German fireman would speak German not English with a fake German accent.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 04:41 am
Or, as some German firefighters speak Turkish :atmak belgili tanımlık bebek burada..
0 Replies