Wassup with German Fire Trucks?

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:17 pm
you tell me, since you're making allegations, i'm sure you have read the latest press about the case.

why would "administration" be guilty? do they own the building?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:17 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Let's question why in 2008 a four story building didn't have a fire escape.

Because you only find fire escapes of that type, in certain types of architecture, in buildings of a certain age.

They're quite rare in Toronto, for example.

It's quite striking to see all the fire escapes in Manhattan, as there is such a density of that particular age and design of building.

It is not common at all.

Poppycock! If there is concern with safety, some type of fire escape can be attached to the side of a building. Engineers can do these things, but it costs money. Something that might not exist in city treasuries everywhere, and God forbid the citizenry should be taxed for such things.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:20 pm
Foofie wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Foofie wrote:

Because you only find fire escapes of that type, in certain types of architecture, in buildings of a certain age.

It's quite striking to see all the fire escapes in Manhattan, as there is such a density of that particular age and design of building.

It is not common at all.

Poppycock! If there is concern with safety, some type of fire escape can be attached to the side of a building. Engineers can do these things, but it costs money. Something that might not exist in city treasuries everywhere, and God forbid the citizenry should be taxed for such things.

you know everything about everything, don't you.... you should be advising architects and legislators on affixing some type of something on buildings all around the world... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:21 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
you tell me, since you're making allegations, i'm sure you have read the latest press about the case.

why would "administration" be guilty? do they own the building?

I wrote:

If an administration was negligent in maintaining fire codes, yes the citizenry should feel a collective guilt and individual remorse.

I am not saying what you thought I was saying. The citizenry should feel guilty for voting in an administration that was negligent.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:23 pm
Foofie wrote:
Poppycock! If there is concern with safety, some type of fire escape can be attached to the side of a building.

It's got nothing to do with taxation or safety.

It has to do with architecture and design. Fire escapes of the type you commonly see in Manhattan simply are not the norm.

There's a reason tourists wander around taking photos of the fire escapes in Manhattan. They're novelties.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:23 pm
you don't know what i thought you were saying...

administration does not "maintain" fire codes.

this building was in violatiion of german fire codes. that's not "administration's" fault.

did you read at least one whole article about the incident? you don't seem to know the basics of what happened there.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:24 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Foofie wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Foofie wrote:

It is not common at all.

you know everything about everything, don't you.... you should be advising architects and legislators on affixing some type of something on buildings all around the world... Rolling Eyes

You are very complimentary.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:24 pm
only if you're totaly deluded.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:26 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Poppycock! If there is concern with safety, some type of fire escape can be attached to the side of a building.

It's got nothing to do with taxation or safety.

It has to do with architecture and design. Fire escapes of the type you commonly see in Manhattan simply are not the norm.

There's a reason tourists wander around taking photos of the fire escapes in Manhattan. They're novelties.

I thought "tourists wander around taking photos" simply to amuse me with their quaint interests.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:31 pm
Perhaps you're another of the local novelties.

<shrug>
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:32 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
you don't know what i thought you were saying...

administration does not "maintain" fire codes.

this building was in violatiion of german fire codes. that's not "administration's" fault.

did you read at least one whole article about the incident? you don't seem to know the basics of what happened there.

I know nothing. I've read nothing. I have papers to prove it!

Regardless, I would guess you can read the German papers in its language, so is there great remorse among the populace, or is the focus on the possibility the fire was started deliberately? In other words, is there a human response (remorse), or is the response based on the "efficiency" of determining if it was a criminal act!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:34 pm
first of, the newspapers DID report that the building was in violation of fire codes. so you can take your entire collective guilt youknowwhere...

secondly, the remorse is your question, not mine. you go do the footwork.

and yes, i can read german.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:37 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
first of, the newspapers DID report that the building was in violation of fire codes. so you can take your entire collective guilt youknowwhere...

secondly, the remorse is your question, not mine. you go do the footwork.

and yes, i can read german.

Collective guilt over having fire inspectors that should have caught the violations before the fire.

Since you read German, you can get a very honest appraisal of whether there is remorse en masse. An English version can be different than the German version. Do the footwork for me, since you are the European. I cannot claim such birthright.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:46 pm
not interested.

mwah.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:48 pm
besides, you can start with the english version... not your style though. you just profess and preach. research? not so much.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 10:09 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
besides, you can start with the english version... not your style though. you just profess and preach. research? not so much.

Is this Italg/massagat/whatthehello again?

The endless point avoiding babble resembles it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:39 am
dlowan wrote:

hm?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 01:38 am
This cjhsa guy has got to be one of the most mixed as$holes on this website.

Imagine coming onto a website with one random picture and falsely accusing a people/country of such a thing.

I'd like to knock that f#@ker out.

and this right after I thought he might be missunderstood.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 01:39 am
dlowan wrote:

The endless point avoiding babble resembles it.

Could be, so arguing is pointless..

If I was as stubborn as foofie about keeping people safe I would ask him why most of the houses in the tornadoes hallway states do not have storm shelters, tornado shelters?

Have you seen the number of victims lately?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 01:55 am
Foofie is a reverse anti-semitic. Is there a name for that yet?

It's very......sick.
0 Replies