Public Conscious

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 05:01 am
Hey guys!

I have a friend at college and she's quite weird. We are like best friends but not in college. She says that she is PUBLIC CONSCIOUS and don't want people to talk crappy about me and her. So, we don't talk in college. She hang around with her friends and I with mine. We do meet at weekends alone and spend some time together. We talk on phone daily.

Yesterday, as usual, we didn't talk in the college. But in the evening I got a call from her and she was sad. She said that I didn't talk to her today. That pissed me off. I told her that she's the one who has asked me to do that and now, she's only telling me I didn't talk to her. I can't seem to understand her.

I need help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,259 • Replies: 49
No top replies

Tigershark

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 05:05 am
All sounds rather immature.

My advice? Have sex and travel Laughing
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 05:32 am
Me personally, I prefer to hang around people who are secure enough in themselves that they don't care much what other people say or think.....but that's just me. If you are going to be friends with someone who is a prisoner of public opinion you gotta expect drama.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 06:25 am
Why do you put up with this.

You already said, you have other friends, so maybe better stick with them!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:41 am
She's a best friend who doesn't want to be seen with you in public?

And what is there for others to talk crappy about the two of you? Is it abnormal that two people hang out together, especially at college? Why can she hang out with college friends at college, but not you?

Basically, it doesn't make sense, and she's not telling you something. It's her right to keep a secret, and it's your right to be treated fairly, and as a friend should be.

Personally, I'd ask her whether or not she's willing to tell you whats going on.

If not, it may be that you'll have to walk away until she gets her act together.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:17 am
Public conscious?

I suppose that she thinks this is a sophisticated label which suits a sophisticated and complex person?

Complex people have complex lives. You're not one of the Elite Complex People so you've been relegated to a corner of her teeming universe where you exist to gratify her ego when she needs her ego gratified.

Your relationship sounds unbalanced to me.
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:22 am
Thats odd, but I we all know that by reading this. Tell her that you think its crap that she doesn't want to be with you in public. Does she have a boyfriend and didn't tell him that you two are friends?? None of it makes sense to me.

I would personally sit her down and tell her that if she can't be seen with you and she's going to be this crazy when its her choice, not yours..... maybe she doesn't value the friendship like you do and you won't put up with this. Its like she is hiding you.....you don't hide someone you care about.

Were you two friends before college? If so, did she mention this secret friendship thing before you started the same college?
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:23 am
Thats odd, but I we all know that by reading this. Tell her that you think its crap that she doesn't want to be with you in public. Does she have a boyfriend and didn't tell him that you two are friends?? None of it makes sense to me.

I would personally sit her down and tell her that if she can't be seen with you and she's going to be this crazy when its her choice, not yours..... maybe she doesn't value the friendship like you do and you won't put up with this. Its like she is hiding you.....you don't hide someone you care about.

Were you two friends before college? If so, did she mention this secret friendship thing before you started the same college?
0 Replies

Dtoxikated

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:49 am
@vikorr

She told me that her friends teases her by pairing me with her. And, she doesn't like it.

@hellokittygirl777
She had a boyfriend. But now she is single. And, I guess her boyfriend knew about me. That's what she told me.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:54 am
Is she hot and you're ugly, or what?
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:04 am
She is acting like she should be in middle school. I can't even say high school because its worse than that.

You seem to have enough friends without her....I honestly think you need to sit her butt down and have a "grown up" conversation with her. If she is capable of having one.

Either you can be friends openly or you have to move on from her middle school behavior.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:06 am
hellokittygirl777 wrote:
She is acting like she should be in middle school. I can't even say high school because its worse than that.

You seem to have enough friends without her....I honestly think you need to sit her butt down and have a "grown up" conversation with her. If she is capable of having one.

Either you can be friends openly or you have to move on from her middle school behavior.

I'm sorry to see that someone beat you to "hellokittygirl776"
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:16 am
quote]

I'm sorry to see that someone beat you to "hellokittygirl776"[/quote]

Huh? Sorry I must of missed something....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:40 am
Dtoxikated wrote:

And, I guess her boyfriend knew about me. That's what she told me.

You are "like best friends" yet you don't know for sure that her boyfriend ever knew about You??? Hummm
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:51 am
hellokittygirl777 wrote:
Quote:

Gus is jealous of your username. His expression of jealousy is an awkward, bashful attempt to get you to talk to him.
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:56 am
wandeljw wrote:
hellokittygirl777 wrote:
Quote:

Gus is jealous of your username. His expression of jealousy is an awkward, bashful attempt to get you to talk to him.

Oh ok! I thought I missed something somewhere. Confused
0 Replies

Dtoxikated

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:21 am
@hawkeye10

I don't get into her personal life. She only told me that her boyfriend knows about me. I never asked her.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:42 am
Dtoxikated wrote:
@hawkeye10

I don't get into her personal life. She only told me that her boyfriend knows about me. I never asked her.

It is pretty clear that we are not using the same definition of the word "friend". Mine presumes a fairly substantial personal connection. Where this does not exist the relationship would be "acquaintance" in my book.
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:49 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
Dtoxikated wrote:
@hawkeye10

It is pretty clear that we are not using the same definition of the word "friend". Mine presumes a fairly substantial personal connection. Where this does not exist the relationship would be "acquaintance" in my book.

Well I was beaten to it. My best friends know all about me. There are no secrets between us and we are proud to be out with each other. Really need to reevaluate this relationship.
0 Replies

Dtoxikated

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:20 am
It's like I am jealous of her boyfriend. That's why I never asked about him.
0 Replies