If McCain Wins the Republican Primaries!

Baldimo

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 09:12 pm
If McCain wins the Rep seat for the election, then I'm going to vote Obama.

McCain isn't a Conservative and I won't be voting for him. Obama isn't one either but I like him better then McCain. Just wait and see what happens.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,766 • Replies: 87
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 09:43 pm
If McCain wins the primary -- and I'll be voting for him on Tuesday -- then I certainly will vote for him in the General.

Sounds like you would prefer a leftist over a moderate. Not my choice, but it is entirely your call, of course.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 09:45 pm
This is the reason I like Obama, he represents a fresh start. This country has been in a political civil war for 16 years and a Hillary win will only prolong it. Obama seems to be a happy medium for many people on both sides of the political rainbow. I still like Edwards best, but that ain't gonna happen.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 09:47 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Obama seems to be a happy medium for many people on both sides of the political rainbow.

Um, no. Not for me on the red side of the rainbow.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:02 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Obama seems to be a happy medium for many people on both sides of the political rainbow.

Um, no. Not for me on the red side of the rainbow.

I know Obama's not for every red Ticomaya. I just think you will see a Democrat in the White House this round and the majority of reds are going to be less upset with an Obama win than with a Hillary win. I'm just sorry that if the last 8 years had to be Republican years, that McCain was not the Republican. I think he has good judgment overall and we would not be the mess we are today if he was at the helm. I know someone who recently saw him in person and mentioned he looked "sick" and "ancient". I think he was robbed of his opportunity 8 years ago in North Carolina and nothing is going to give it back to him.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:07 pm
I would certainly rather have Obama than Hillary, no doubt about it.

I voted for McCain 8 years ago too.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:29 pm
the more I see of Obama the more he worries me. He will not get my vote under any circumstances. I thought I would vote for him if he got the nod, but i cannot.

I wll write in someone so that I 'll have voted, which I consider my duty.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:35 pm
Perhaps you can try Ralph Nader.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 10:45 pm
hardly....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:09 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
the more I see of Obama the more he worries me. He will not get my vote under any circumstances. I thought I would vote for him if he got the nod, but i cannot.

I wll write in someone so that I 'll have voted, which I consider my duty.
Rolling Eyes Just wanted to mark this silliness for reference later.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:44 am
your smugness makes you a borderline ass hole Bill.... many times.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:51 am
I heard you the first time. Petty attempts at insult don't make you look any smarter. Nor do they make the moronic **** you've been posting lately seem any more coherent.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:54 am
Bear, seriously, look what choosing an "alternative" candidate did to us in 2000. If goddamned Ralph Nader didn't have the sheer egocentrism he did we wouldn't have had the ass in the White House for eight years. Please, even if you don't like Obama much, don't defect. Look at what happened the last time.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 07:04 am
McCain used to be a moderate but he is not now. Seriously I don't understand why conservatives are not lapping him up. Oddly enough he is getting votes from anti-Iraq war republicans and he is a rabid Iraq war supporter and wants more wars and to stay in Iraq for another 100 years. He admits he don't understand economics and he proves it in his speeches. What is there to like for a libertarian except what he used to be?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 07:53 am
McCain the Moderate is the only pol who actively criticized Bush tactics relative to Iraq and Afgan. So if national Security is an issue for you, I think McCain is the better choice than Obama.

McCain the Moderate voted against the Bush Tax Bill. No one is more fiscally conservative than I am and I would have voted against that tax bill if for no other reason, it includes the repeal of the Estate Tax. So if fiscal responsibility is your thing, McCain should be the better choice than Obama.

McCain the moderate is being somewhat soft on illegal immigration. Yet, Obama is no better in this regard.

Obama represents a "fresh start", he is an inspiring speaker. Not sure that is enough.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:22 am
revel wrote:
McCain ... is a rabid Iraq war supporter ...

There you go, woiyo. Reason enough to vote for the man. You trust our national security to Obama?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:39 am
Ticomaya wrote:
revel wrote:
McCain ... is a rabid Iraq war supporter ...

There you go, woiyo. Reason enough to vote for the man. You trust our national security to Obama?

It is difficult to support someone who has stated many times he would run the National Security concerns of the United States through the UN as Obama has done.

I do not think Obama will "champion" his I WAS AGAINST THE WAR mantra if he wins the nomination. Yet, he put it out there for all to see.

I think McCain would be the man for National Security, even over Romney.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:46 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I heard you the first time. Petty attempts at insult don't make you look any smarter. Nor do they make the moronic **** you've been posting lately seem any more coherent.

It wasn't a petty attempt at an insult it's a fact. the very fact you feel qualified to judge me as moronic because my points of view and opinions are radically different from yours proves it.

After furthere consideration I've decided i can't vote for Barack Obama at all and I certainly can't vote for ANY republican that's being offered so I will write in if that's how it shakes out.

You got a problem with that stick it whefe the sun don't shine... which could be top or bottom.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:50 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

It wasn't a petty attempt at an insult it's a fact. the very fact you feel qualified to judge me as moronic because my points of view and opinions are radically different from yours proves it.

After furthere consideration I've decided i can't vote for Barack Obama at all and I certainly can't vote for ANY republican that's being offered so I will write in if that's how it shakes out.

You got a problem with that stick it whefe the sun don't shine... which could be top or bottom.

Instead of the reservation, maybe you need therepy. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:52 am
username wrote:
Bear, seriously, look what choosing an "alternative" candidate did to us in 2000. If goddamned Ralph Nader didn't have the sheer egocentrism he did we wouldn't have had the ass in the White House for eight years. Please, even if you don't like Obama much, don't defect. Look at what happened the last time.

I can't argue there. But my distrust of Obama is real and runs deep. the guy is starting to creep me out just like bush did. He is the left wing george bush in my opinion and I can't bring myself to vote for that. I know I'm standing alone here but I don't care. This guy is no good for the country IMO.

And my reasons are exactly as I've already stated. He's an idealoge, I don't believe he will tolerate any deviance to his personal vision, and I don't think he's shown us his real face, because I don't think he's found it himself.

I'm not required to explain myself any further than that and my opinion has as much value as anyone elses. I was damn sure right about bush in 1999. to be fair, so were many others.
0 Replies