Heath Ledger dead at 28

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:51 am
This is about the best coverage I've seen. Almost reads like the end days of Montgomery Cliff. It could be that the autopsy doctors may ever get past the diagnosis of cardiac arrest, although a synergy of drugs and alcohol could certainly cause that sort of death:

News Coverage of Heath Ledger Death

The Terry Gilliam film was in the midst of filming, so we may never get to
see Ledger in that role
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 11:05 am
hellokittygirl777 wrote:
As I was reading on www.perezhilton.com, he states that he was also suffering from Pneumonia as well.

The one thing I heard today that just makes me so mad....is that Westboro Baptist Church is looking to picket his funeral because of Brokeback Mountain. Like someone said Jerry Falwell is dead so we dont have to hear about that from him, but how can someone just picket a funeral like that.

He played a "role" and some people may not be ok with it. As for myself, to each his own, whatever makes you happy. I am not one to judge. If this Reverend Phelps's pickets this funeral, it will be just horrible.

Heath's family is trying to deal with the death of their son, brother, husband, and especially his little girl! And someone who hates gays is going to protest. I see so much wrong with this. I am just furious right now thinking about it!! Evil or Very Mad

Heath needs to be able to rest in peace, not chaos from a gay hater! I'm sure you will love the website for this organization.....

check it out at: www.godhatesfags.com and you can click on the top of the page where it states "WBC TO PICKET HEATH LEDGERS FUNERAL"

Its ridiculous, awful, disrespectful and just makes me so mad and sad at the same time!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Sad

If anyone else reads it, let me know what you think!

I think that gang of neurotic, religious fundamentalist homophobes will have a hard time picketing a funeral in Australia.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:29 pm
There's always going to be someone who disapproves. I wouldn't sweat it hellokitty.
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:34 pm
eoe wrote:
There's always going to be someone who disapproves. I wouldn't sweat it hellokitty.

It just made me really mad this morning to think how insensitive people are. Not to take away from this thread, but I have a dying grandfather along with an ungrateful boss who seems to have no sympathy in my situation. So just reading that someone would act that selfishly pissed me off because its kinda what my boss is doing to me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:41 pm
I have no respect for anyone who attempts (or succeeds at) at suicide. Its the highest form of narssicism . The only justifiable reasons are deep despair due to organic medical conditions or opting out of unteneable political situations. If Mr Ledger did not commit suicide, my apologies. I would then shift my feelings to one of "tsking" at his risky behavior.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:43 pm
That does hit home when you feel the same authoritarianism and persecution that is in the news. Of course, that's every day with the Internet.

Latest with the Heath Ledger death and autopsy is something I should have remembered. They can check for alcohol level but a full spectrum toxicology takes at least ten days to two weeks or more.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:43 pm
So why are you jumping to conclusions about an attempted suicide farmerman?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:48 pm
It sounds like there is a possibility that it was just plain an accidental overdose, and not even in terms of recreational drug use or whatever. I saw somewhere that he hadn't been sleeping well (like, 2 hours a night), and that he had Ambien and some other stuff.

I have no idea at this point, though.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:52 pm
No suicide note and it has been confirmed that there were prescription and non-prescription sleeping aids but not that they had been emptied. He was found face down -- it could more likely be he took more than one sleeping pill and fell asleep face down. I've had a family member who died of asphyxiation for the same reason.

The reason for his death should be shelved until the final autopsy results.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:53 pm
I had patients in nursing homes die of overdose from just taking new meds their doctor gave them.
I know they did not have more then they were supposed to at one time because I was the one administering them.

Dying from an allergic reaction to a pill is common.

No one knows but him at this point
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:01 pm
There's an updated report from New York coming up regarding the first autopsy report -- it may be on CNN already.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:05 pm
What's odd Lightwizard is the article you've linked to, out of London, disputes everything that's been said about his behavior and general disposition, his drug usage, also his breakup with Michelle Williams and how it affected him. Last night on Larry King it was stated that he was in high spirits, he was dating and carried no extra baggage from his broken relationship but this article paints an entirely different picture, doesn't it?
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:08 pm
Other sites are stating that they found illegal drugs in the house as well. They found a $20 with a narcotic substance on it laying in the one room.

So we have heard:

Ambien and OTC sleeping pills
pneumonia
alcohol
$20 with narcotic substance on it

They said that they autopsy was "inconclusive" and that they have to wait for the toxicology report to come back.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:14 pm
CNN newscast a few minutes ago also cited that he had two different types of prescription anti-depressant drugs.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:50 pm
eoe wrote:
What's odd Lightwizard is the article you've linked to, out of London, disputes everything that's been said about his behavior and general disposition, his drug usage, also his breakup with Michelle Williams and how it affected him. Last night on Larry King it was stated that he was in high spirits, he was dating and carried no extra baggage from his broken relationship but this article paints an entirely different picture, doesn't it?

But this isn't saying that the article speaks his truth. They still cite mostly unnamed sources. I don't think we'll ever know the real deal here because the only one to tell it is gone.
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:59 pm
Here is the latest I found:

Pneumonia has been ruled out as the cause of death of Heath Ledger.

Police discovered what they believe to be illegal drugs at his apartment.

The actor's daughter, Matilda, is on her way back to New York with mom Michelle Williams, who had been filming in Sweden and is said to be "in her own world" right now.

Ledger's ex-girlfriend, Naomi Watts, has cancelled all her media appearances. The Australian actress was at Sundance to promote a new film.

Production on Heath's most recent film, the Terri Gilliam-directed The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, has been shut down.

Warner Bros., who are releasing the next Batman movie with Ledger as the Joker, says, "The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 03:42 pm
hellokittygirl777 wrote:
Production on Heath's most recent film, the Terri Gilliam-directed The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, has been shut down.

Of course this had to happen to a Terry Gilliam film. Gilliam is the Joe Btfsplk of movie directors.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 03:48 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
hellokittygirl777 wrote:

Of course this had to happen to a Terry Gilliam film. Gilliam is the Joe Btfsplk of movie directors.

I was just thinking the same thing. This time it's not his fault.

Gilliam did Brother's Grimm, featuring Ledger, correct? I enjoyed that film.
0 Replies

hellokittygirl777

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 03:52 pm
Of course now they are stating that they took the $20 to the lab and no illegal drugs were said to be found on it.

Each day it will be something new until the toxicology report comes back!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 04:35 pm
sozobe wrote:
It sounds like there is a possibility that it was just plain an accidental overdose, and not even in terms of recreational drug use or whatever. I saw somewhere that he hadn't been sleeping well (like, 2 hours a night), and that he had Ambien and some other stuff.

I have no idea at this point, though.

There's no such thing as an "accidental" overdose. No decent physician, (and I'm expecting that a man of his wealth had a decent physician) is going to prescribe drugs in an amount that will kill someone. So that leaves a deliberate overdose for suicide, or a deliberate overdose to get high. And the movie industry has already started the canonization. All these tributes flowing, as though he's some sort of hero. "Exceptional person"? No. Either a selfish a$$hole, or a stupid a$$hole, but an a$$hole all the same.
0 Replies