I'm going To Switch My Support To John Edwards

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:21 am
Finn
With due respect I accept your critical remark about me.
Accept my thanks in advance and
try to motivate other members
to be as banal as i am
if not more.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 10:22 am
This would totally rock if it happened.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/28/momentum-grows-for-edward_n_83548.html
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 10:51 am
FreeDuck wrote:

I would prefer to see Edwards as Dept of Labor secretary.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 10:57 am
Dys
dyslexia wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

I would prefer to see Edwards as Dept of Labor secretary.

Your preference is a good and logical one except that Elizabeth Edwards would also be an excellent choice.

Either one would level the playing between unions and management.

BBB
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 11:00 am
I certainly would not wish to see the sleazy tort lawyer become Attorney General. Moreover I don't think either of his former opponents in the primary would want him as AG. Finally, I doubt that Edwards would accept the Labor Department post
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 11:08 am
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 11:55 pm
I doubt that either Obama or Clinton wants Edwards the Populist in their cabinets promoting his own political position over their policies.

Can't you just see AG Edwards bailing on his President in the third year of the first term so that he can challenge him or her in the next set of primaries?

I would hate to see Edwards in any position of power or influence, but the thought of him on the Supreme Court chills me to the bone.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:49 am
Re: The Edwards Effect
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
But if (Obama) gets the nod, watch how quickly conservative pundits who have praised him discover that he has deep character flaws.

With a voting record more liberal than Teddy (leave 'er down there) Kennedy, it won't be hard.

The reason conservatives have been easy on him so far is that they would prefer to run against him.

They also know that, in the general election, southern Dem support for Obama will be hard to come by.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 08:07 am
But the Democrats aren't going to win the South regardless of who the candidate is, so that's not a real worry.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 08:34 am
engineer wrote:
But the Democrats aren't going to win the South regardless of who the candidate is, so that's not a real worry.

Hillary is doing pretty well in match-up polls in Florida, Missouri and Arkansas, actually - she'd stand a fair chance against McCain in all three states according to current polls.

Against anyone but McCain she'd get Virginia and perhaps Kentucky too - both states have been polling consistently more pro-Democrat than other states as red as they are.

Obama isnt making a dent against McCain in any of these states, its true. But if Romney still makes it through there's opportunities there too..
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 06:16 pm
May I ask the author of this thread about his choice
( after the dismal/unpopular person who had gracefully left the melo-drama)
among the never-ending but ever-projected corporate candidates?

Seek Democracy all over the globe but not in USA where the cola and cola light ruins or rule.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 02:20 pm
Quote:
HILLARY'S SPEECH = EDWARDS 2.0

Hillary Clinton's speech tonight feels like a victory speech. She's smiling broadly and leaning to one side with an arm folded on the podium. It's a small thing, but it's a stance of comfort and conversation. She looks happy, relaxed, and confident.

Two things struck me about Clinton's remarks: First, she articulated a much more specific idea of the potential role of government in people's lives than Obama ever does, ticking off a range of issues from universal health care, to veterans benefits, to jobs. Second, she has borrowed heavily and obviously from John Edwards. She began by thanking "people on the day shift, the night shift, the shift with the crying baby" for going out to the polls. Later on she said, "It's not about who's up and who's down, it's about your lives, your families, and your futures." This closely echoed Edwards' final debate performance.

"I see an America where the economy works for everyone -- not just those at the top," Clinton continued.

It's official. She's trying to run a populist campaign. The edges are a lot fuzzier than they ever were for Edwards. But the tone is there.

--Dana Goldstein
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 03:24 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
May I ask the author of this thread about his choice
( after the dismal/unpopular person who had gracefully left the melo-drama)
among the never-ending but ever-projected corporate candidates?

Seek Democracy all over the globe but not in USA where the cola and cola light ruins or rule.

Hillary is my choice but at this point I'm not really that interested one way or another.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 03:33 pm
Bi-Polar
Don't give up your hope to reshape the US politics.
I wish a radical change with feeble hope
and without this fantastic American dream shiboleth.
Come what may, and please use your experience to make a real Change .
0 Replies