I'm sitting here watching paint dry!!!!

dlowan

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:00 am
And...I just ran out of paint!!!! A smidgeon before I had finished.

Oh well...I was gonna hafta get more to go over bad bits, anyway...and some spare is good.

Nonetheless...grrrr!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:16 am
store old paint cans upside down. When you turn them the right way up and open any "skin" will be on the bottom.

If you are continuing to paint the next day, to save washing brushes and rollers at days end wrap tightly in glad wrap. Can be used for those unavoidable breaks in the day as well. Acrylic paint only.

Store brushes hanging upside down this allows residual paint to run into the yoke not onto the tips.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 04:34 am
Whew.

A littler while ago, I was a dirty, sweaty, bad painter who smelled like a goat.

Now I am a clean, sparkling bad painter who smells good.

More colours tomorrow!!!! (But on smaller areas of wall.)

My brushes are in water as we speak, DP.

I'll finish cleaning them later....and let them dry.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 06:12 pm
dlowan wrote:

Nope.

In this weather, I paint commando.

Shocked

And I was going to offer to pop over and take the pics, with my perfectly good camera (just posted new pics on cat thread!)

Fuggedit!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:14 pm
margo wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Nope.

In this weather, I paint commando.

Shocked

And I was going to offer to pop over and take the pics, with my perfectly good camera (just posted new pics on cat thread!)

Fuggedit!

Fuggedit cos it's a **** job!

I swear I did what they said...but you can see individual paint strokes.

Dammit!!!

It'll need to sit for a bit cos I can't afford more paint right now, then I'll have to go talk about what I got wrong.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 12:27 am
Went to paint shop yesterday to discuss problem of visible paint strokes.

Yay!!!!! They are supposed to be visiible....but I got too regular and neat in my application....so, I need to go over the bits where the paint was too thin because pof my fucked up watering thereof, and just do a bit of light confusing over the other bits.

Will buy necessary paint next pay.

Feel much better....and ready to tackle other bits using the same paint in different colours....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:34 pm
New sofa finally arrived and was actually deliverable!!! (Regular readers may recall the drama, some five months ago, of the new sofa that could not be delivered, and the subsequent angst and dread.)

Because I feared a repeat of the previous debacle, I had not yet arranged for my friends to pick up the previous sofa that I am giving them.

I am currently living, or rather camping, in a forest of sofas!!!

I LOVE the colour of the new one.....I had feared I had ordered it in a chocolaty brown, and then decided I wanted it the colour of old saddle/bridle leather.....but I had ORDERED it in that lovely old well cared for leather colour.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 12:10 am
dlowan wrote:
New sofa finally arrived and was actually deliverable!!! (Regular readers may recall the drama, some five months ago, of the new sofa that could not be delivered, and the subsequent angst and dread.)

Because I feared a repeat of the previous debacle, I had not yet arranged for my friends to pick up the previous sofa that I am giving them.

I LOVE the colour of the new one.....I had feared I had ordered it in a chocolaty brown, and then decided I wanted it the colour of old saddle/bridle leather.....but I had ORDERED it in that lovely old well cared for leather colour.

and it's ready for someone to sleep on it??
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:10 am
margo wrote:
dlowan wrote:

and it's ready for someone to sleep on it??

http://students.umf.maine.edu/~greenlsl/sleeping%20bunny.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 07:47 pm
Margo, you could LIVE on this sofa!!! It's huge!!! I may run a competition to see how many people can squeeze onto it.

You can sleep two (if they like to snuggle) on the chaise longue bit alone!!!

It's kind of daunting.

I hope it looks smaller over time....at present it is stuck out in the middle of the room, because there is another sofa, with bookcases behind it, where the longue bit is going to end up against the wall. That sofa I am hoping to use when I convert my bedroom to a study.

Also, the big sofa I am giving to friends is BEHIND the new one.

Sofas always look so much smaller in the show room!!!

Mind you, I wanted to be able to seat a lot of people, and for it to work well for conversation as well as lounging.

I think my skinny friends are going to look like kids...with their feet way off the floor.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 02:28 am
dlowan wrote:
Margo, you could LIVE on this sofa!!! It's huge!!! I may run a competition to see how many people can squeeze onto it.

www.couchsurfing.com
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 07:20 pm
Oh! Hey! That site is cool!!

It seems to be only for twenty somethings, though.

I could probably fit at least three on this thing to sleep!!!

The cat's still scared of it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:40 am
dlowan wrote:
Oh! Hey! That site is cool!!

It seems to be only for twenty somethings, though.

Not only twenty somethings.

source couchsurfing:
Howdy I am 42 Year old bloke who has lived in Adelaide for three years. Moved here with work and I reakon SA is a great place. I dive a bit and have a small boat that I take out on weekends. Dig a bit of live music and the occassional drink.

You could do worse. He's got a couple of good references

register and look for "Redgum" or Cold_Erin.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:05 am
dlowan wrote:

I recall, I recall! Glad this went smoothly...!!

Quote:

Oooh, ahhhh.... sounds lovely.
dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 09:49 pm
@sozobe,
I may have moved the third to last bit of furniture, for now...(I have a huge, old chest on lay-by, for storage...the arrival of which will prompt another bout of re-arranging).

This cabinet was a fully laden four drawer filing cabinet, which remained in my new bedroom after its conversion from study. I just wrestled it into the study. I couldn't BEAR, after numerous emptying and re-fillings of book-cases, to empty it first.

This followed upon a major upheaval the day before yesterday, when I re-arranged the entire new bedroom.

Now I have to move a book case in the bedroom, again, and move two others into the bedroom.

Then...another book cull, and more rubbish to track downstairs.

This is a major pain in the bum.

Is the end heaving into sight?

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:09 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
This is a major pain in the bum.

Is the end heaving into sight?

I hope so, Deb.

Happy with how the place looks now?

Hey, watch that heavy lifting/pushing! We don't want a bunny back injury!
dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:15 am
@msolga,
WHAT back?

I have been having really deep massages of my neck and upper spine.

That area is kind of like some horrid mess of concrete, inflammation and chronic pain, and it is something of a nightmare to live with.

The massages hurt like hell, but it is GOOD pain, and I am actually feeling better!!!

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:39 am
@dlowan,
Oh my goodness, Deb!

Don't you dare shift another heavy thing by yourself! Hire a handyman (don't laugh!), ask a friend to help ... anything but do it all yourself, you sausage!

I HAVE SPOKEN! <Putting on sternest possible look>
dadpad

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:43 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Oh my goodness, Deb!

Don't you dare shift another heavy thing by yourself! Hire a handyman (don't laugh!), ask a friend to help ... anything but do it all yourself, you sausage!

I HAVE SPOKEN! <Putting on sternest possible look>

chuckle
msolga

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:46 am
@dadpad,
<staring down dadpad>

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies