Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:01 am
Re: Santana
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
Santana wrote "No one is obliged to read them--no one "should" read them." WHY ???

Santana, No, I am not "Getting a little paranoid, there, Bubba?" I am just WISE. What is your purpose saying that I am a little paranoid? Is it to cloud the minds of other of the forums?

Bubba, confinement is hell, isn't it.

It's not exactly free entertainment, 'cause the web access costs ten dollars a month--but it sure is cheap entertainment ! ! !

Yer a hoot, Bubba, an all-day trip . . .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:03 am
I agree with you, George. I also think people should read the bible for themselves. Strange though, in reading it for myself, I have an entirely different take on it than you do.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:17 am
Santana
I am saying the following from my heart...

I wish the best for you, Santana and Neo. I am not saying that my beliefs are the true meanings, it is just my belief. I would not want anyone to follow me, as I am trying to find my way through this life on my own. I might be on the wrong road, but it is the road that I will travel... There are many forks in the road... I may be totally lost. Life is HELL !!!

God bless any and all that I may have offended. It was not my intend to offend any one. May God Bless and Lead Us...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:51 am
Re: Neo
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
The N.T. is not the rewriting of the O.T., it is a continuation of it.
All the more reason to question the absurdity of the trinity doctrine.
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
Jesus was a man of flesh, bones and blood. He did not attempt to glorify himself, he glorified God His Father. Jesus had great power but, he never used it for himself, he used it for others. Jesus experienced more agony than any man.
To whom did he pray? did he resurrect himself? Did he do his own will, or his father's?
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
He had the power to turn his crucifiers into dust, then there would not have been a Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
Very interesting. He had power; certainly. Is there a point here?
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
He went through the pain and agony to cleanse mankind of the sin of Adam and Eve.
He died as a perfect man to provide a corresponding ransom for Adam. The torture was Satan's attempt to break his integrity to his father. (Another reason to doubt the trinity doctrine)
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
Neo, . . . If a man was trying to kill one of your grand children, to what extremes would you take to save that child.
I don't own a gun; so I guess I'd have to break his arms.

The nation of Israel maintained an army under God's direction. When they were obedient, God protected them and gave them victory against any odds. How many men did it take Gideon to defeat the Midianites? How did Jehoshaphat defeat the Moabites and Ammonites? But, when they were disobedient, none of their military force was sufficient.

When Jesus introduced a new covenant and established a spiritual Israel, there was no longer any justification to maintain an army. Jesus said of his followers in John 17:16: "They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world." Early Christians refused military and government service. Should we be different?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:02 am
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/homer.gif Wow! While I was carefully and craftily creating a response to one of George's posts, the whole world passed me by.
No problem. George; stay with us. This board is a hoot.

You shoulda seen the beatings I usta give Setanta.
But we're still friends. Right, Boss?
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/theyareontome.gif
'Course, I gotta admit Set knows how to fight back.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:11 am
Beatings ?

What have you been smokin' ?

Anyway, i have been rechristened Santana, and my vile and nefarious plot to further the goals of the ACLU cult have been revealed . . .

My life has lost all meaning . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:24 am
Setanta wrote:
Beatings ?

What have you been smokin' ?

Anyway, i have been rechristened Santana, and my vile and nefarious plot to further the goals of the ACLU cult have been revealed . . .

My life has lost all meaning . . .
Don't fret, set.

When I'm weary.
Feelin' down

I lift my head
Look next door
And smell the air.

Sure enough
It's there

It's Barbecue time
Joe always knows how to save his friend.

And, you're invited too. As usual.
Do you think George would come?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:35 am
Offer him a cold drink . . . it can't hurt . . .
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:40 am
Neo,

Neo,

I believe that God (the supreme authority and power) exist in three persons, God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, each being equal and but separate.

Remember, this is only my personal understanding.

I am learning a lot from you... You have a wonderful gift of understanding.

Thank you...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:40 am
Setanta wrote:
Offer him a cold drink . . . it can't hurt . . .

What are fiends for?
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:51 am
neo
Neo & Santana,

A good cold one would hit the spot...

I initially came to this forum to gain more understanding, but I suddenly found myself setting on the hot seat... Boy, I would welcome a cold drink right now!! Well, toss in a cool seat and a couple of friendly handshakes...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:27 am
Solomon wrote:
 By iron, iron itself is sharpened. So one man sharpens the face of another. (Proverbs 27:17)

Cheers!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:58 am
Ah, thank you for quoting Solomon as Solomon, neo. It drives me nuts when people spew out the proverbs and call it the word of God.

Edit: and even then, much of what is attributed to Solomon was probably never written by him, but collected together by the Hebrew sages when putting their sacred writings together.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:04 pm
Neo.
I have been carrying a heavy load on my shoulders for the pass several years... I don't know how it happened, but that load has become lighter since communicating with Neo and Santana. I want to mention that I have smiled at the comments by Dyslexia, He is one cool dude!!! God Bless You...

By the way, I have dyslexia. It has made my life interesting. It did not hold me back in life.

If I was given a chance to re-live my life, I would not do it. I know that I would make the same mistakes, and life has not been a bowl of cherries for me. I would rather someome to cremate (spelling) me and flush the dust down the toilet. That would make me feel as if I was re-living my life.

I have been married for over 50 years. That is not a feat for me, but it is for my wife. She had to put up with me...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:13 pm
So, tell me George, why do you think the ACLU and Christians are mutually exclusivie groups? I'm not a member of the ACLU, but my understanding is they will protect your civil liberties along with everyone elses. In fact, I'd venture to guess many of the ACLU card-carriers consider themselves Christian. Where'd all that stuff come from?
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:46 pm
J_B
I had been a supporter of the ACLU for about thirty years. I became a non-supporter, after the ACLU filed action against what I feel is an infringment of the freedom of speech. The actions involved students' right to pray while in school, or to sing a song that contains the word God. I believe in and support the seperation of church and state. However, as long as the school officials do not sponsor or make it mandantory, the students (who are not officals of the church or state) should have the right to sing or speak the word God or the word Christmas on school property. It seem that the ACLU have no qualms with a studend, steps off campus and sings whatever they want to. The off campus property, excluding private property, is the property of the State.

I am busy and I can not expand on this at this time.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:47 pm
Just stopped by to extend a sincere howdy to GeorgeCrofton - from the resident standard-bearer of what he apparently perceives to be the local ACLU cult Laughing

stick around a while, Mr Crofton, to uncover the irony implicit in your assessment.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:06 pm
WoodenButt
TimberButt,

The Truth shall set you free... Search for the truth Shocked

I feel that the ACLU is what it is... Believe what you may. Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:10 pm
Re: J_B
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
I had been a supporter of the ACLU for about thirty years. I became a non-supporter, after the ACLU filed action against what I feel is an infringment of the freedom of speech. The actions involved students' right to pray while in school, or to sing a song that contains the word God. I believe in and support the seperation of church and state. However, as long as the school officials do not sponsor or make it mandantory, the students (who are not officals of the church or state) should have the right to sing or speak the word God or the word Christmas on school property. It seem that the ACLU have no qualms with a studend, steps off campus and sings whatever they want to. The off campus property, excluding private property, is the property of the State.

I am busy and I can not expand on this at this time.

And the ACLU has filed suit to prevent the word God from being spoken or sung on school property? First I've heard of that one, George. hmmm, I'll have to check that out.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:13 pm
Theodore Roosevelt wrote:
Every . . . movement has its lunatic fringe.
BTW, George; timber is a leader in respectful posting. But I guarantee you he can throw the invectives when they are needed. There is no need to get into a name - dropping match.
0 Replies