neologist

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:48 pm
I have no quarrel with those who would die for their belief. It is those who would kill for their belief that I worry about.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:50 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, I believe in the trinity concept. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Glad I understood!
HMMM!
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:50 pm
Not "menage a trois" but "menage a quoi ?"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:56 pm
Neo,

I mean I'm glad I understood that other point you were making.

Fresco,

No, not a menage a trois or a menage a quoi. I believe in One God. Just as we all have different facets of a personality, so does He. I have tried to explain this before. Try this:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:10 pm
Neo.
Neo,

Regarding war...

Deuteronomy 20:9 And it shall be, when the officers have made an end of speaking unto the people, that they shall make captains of the armies to lead the people.
Deuteronomy 20:10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
Deuteronomy 20:11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, [that] all the people [that is] found therein
shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.
Deuteronomy 20:12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:
Deuteronomy 20:13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 05:41 pm
Hi George; I noticed all of your citations were from the OT. Why do you suppose that is so?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 05:45 pm
The beautitudes are revisionist religiousity not fit for civilized society. Give me a good god-bang anytime for getting the juices flowing. Smite the non-believers and be done with it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 05:55 pm
Iffin ya need somebody to smite the Amalekites hip and thigh, i'm yer man . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 05:57 pm
Dys,

You don't like the Beatitudes? What is wrong with the Beatitudes?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 05:59 pm
Read Neo's question about George's quotes being exclusively of an OT provenance, then read Dys' post again--if you still don't get it, give it up.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:02 pm
Thank you Setanta. I had just awoken from a nap and I guess the whole meaning didn't sink in.

I'd like to know myself why only quote from the OT, George.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:04 pm
Re: Neo.
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
Neo,

Regarding war...

Deuteronomy 20:9 And it shall be, when the officers have made an end of speaking unto the people, that they shall make captains of the armies to lead the people.
Deuteronomy 20:10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
Deuteronomy 20:11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, [that] all the people [that is] found therein
Deuteronomy 20:12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:
Deuteronomy 20:13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

Welcome to A2K George. Perhaps you might be interested in this thread.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1497881#1497881
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:05 pm
MA as far as I see it the beatitudes are the only thing of this religion of yours worth touting. But really you got to give it to the OT for the real blood and guts, literal heart-wrenching, beastiality and x-rated plethora of dogmatic self-righteous revenge driven mindless drivel known as christianity.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:09 pm
Re: Neo.
mesquite wrote:
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
Neo,

Regarding war...

Welcome to A2K George. Perhaps you might be interested in this thread.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1497881#1497881
I miss Frank. I even begged him to come back. But I don't think he likes me. Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:14 pm
Dys,

I just hope that you consider all parts of people's personalities before you make comments like that about them.

I have tried to explain all this and others have tried to explain all this over and over.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:15 pm
Of course Frank likes you. He even has dinner with the likes of me.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:16 pm
Neo
Neo,

Your wrong again. I did reference John, which is in the N.T.
I believe in both the O.T and the N.T. I do believe in the Ten Commandments, etc...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:18 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Dys,

I just hope that you consider all parts of people's personalities before you make comments like that about them.

I have tried to explain all this and others have tried to explain all this over and over.

Actually no, MA I don't consider all parts of people's personalities before I make posts, this forum is not a psycho-therapy session. My civility extends to the degree it is earned.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:45 pm
Neo,

I noticed that in your profile you wrote, "have a degree in psychology which I have put to good use in a sales career." Let me total that up,
a degree in psychology + put to good use in a sales career = deception. I see in this forum you are attempting to use psychology. However, you just do not have the skills. You made a wise choise of becoming a salesman. Let me guess, you were a car salesman, or you sold time sharing...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:54 pm
Shocked

George, we generally try not to dump on other a2k members as people. That is called an ad hominem argument. Feel free of course to dispute people's points of view with lucid arguments.

You may wish to review the terms of service you agreed to when you signed on to this forum.
0 Replies