Letty

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:05 pm
Not fretting, Momma. Just always a bit curious about personal attacks.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:07 pm
Letty,

Per Ardua ad Astra.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:08 pm
Letty,

Don't blame you for being curious. I am rather curious myself when someone just seems to attack like that. I don't think it is necessary.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:11 pm
Hey Momma,

Keep an eye on him. He's not one of ours !
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:12 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:17 pm
Letty
I was unaware of your recent loss... I am very SORRY for your loss and for my post reply. May God Bless You And Yours....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:20 pm
A sincere thank you to Fresco and Momma. As a matter of fact, I was crying some silent tears and that remark by George, just dried them up. Told yawl I was different. Razz
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:33 pm
Well, George. I appreciate that apology. I really do, but the death of my husband shouldn't really make a difference. Frankly, I would rather be openly attacked than have veiled insults. You're right. I wasn't making a whole lot of sense but I tend to be that way, sometimes.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:44 pm
Oh, the Holy Trinity, which was never mentioned in any of the religions I've attended, been involved with. Except when I was baptised at about 12 or 13 (dunked in the pool behind the pulpit just under the picture of the River Jordan) right after the minister standing in the waist-high water said, "I baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

I've never wondered about this phrase, obviously Jesus is all three. Just as we can be, also, any old time we choose.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said in his essay on History:

"We are always coming up with the facts that have moved us in history in our private experience, and verifying them here. All history becomes subjective; in other words, there is properly no History; only Biography. Every soul must know the whole lesson for itself--must go over the whole ground. What it does not see, what it does not live, it will not know. What the former age has epitomized into a formula or rule for manipular convenience, it will lose all the good of verifying for itself, by means of the wall of that rule."

In other words, go and read everything on whatever subject you are curious about, then come up with your own interpretation or definition, then go on with your life. After awhile you might understand, and you might not.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:54 pm
Letty
Letty,

Your husband will always be with you... He is with you now...

The Trinity: There is one God, the Father, the Son (the Word) and the Holy Spirit ...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John.
John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all [men] through him might believe.
John 1:8 He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light.
John 1:9 [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and
truth.
John 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before
me.
John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:57 pm
Great response, sunlover. I was baptised in a tin tub behind the pulpit when I was much younger, and all I did was giggle. I can assure you that I was severely chastised for that by Mrs. Pippin. (can you believe that I remember that woman's name?)

Still remember the doxology by rote.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:16 pm
Letty
I am 70 years old, and I sometimes say things that I later wish that I had not said. My initial reply is one of my boo boos.

I welcome you and others to visit my web site to gain an insight of my true nature... Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:17 pm
And remember, before he died, Jesus was quoted as saying "Oh me, Oh my, Why have I forsaken myself?"

But then, when he had resurrected himself, all was forgiven.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:24 pm
Re: Letty
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
I am 70 years old, and I sometimes say things that I later wish that I had not said. My initial reply is one of my boo boos.

I welcome you and others to visit my web site to gain an insight of my true nature... LINK
I clicked onto your site before the link was removed.

Interesting.

I'm sure if Jesus and his disciples had been armed with machine guns, things would have been different.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:28 pm
George, it's best to put your websites in your profile.

It's all right. My husband will always be with me as he is in a lovely urn next to his bass and his boombox. He was a jazz musician.

Later, folks
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:35 pm
Neo,

Sometimes I have no clue why you post some things you post.

Jesus was not saying to himself, Why have I forsaken me. He was talking to His Father.

Even if Christ and his disciples had machines guns, they wouldn't have used them. That was not why He was sent here.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:39 pm
Quote:
Jesus was not saying to himself, Why have I forsaken me. He was talking to His Father.

This is one of the areas that gets really muddled for those of us without the faith. It makes no sense whatsoever. The trinity, just the three of us who are not but one in the same or other or whatever.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:43 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Neo,

Sometimes I have no clue why you post some things you post.

Even if Christ and his disciples had machines guns, they wouldn't have used them. That was not why He was sent here.
Very often I do not understand myself, MA.

But in the first case, I was simply attempting to underscore the absurdity of the trinity concept.

In the second, you apparently understood the point. Many do not.
0 Replies

GeorgeCrofton

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:44 pm
neologist
John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:46 pm
Ok, I believe in the trinity concept. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Glad I understood!
0 Replies