Texans report seeing UFO... You can't make this stuff up...

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 06:12 pm
She'll learn what a yankee is when she gets here.

linkat, you and I will be considered yankees for the rest of our lives.
get used to it.

whatEVER you do, do NOT tell anyone how you did things up there....even I find that annoying.

You are not there anymore.

remember...When in Rome....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 06:16 pm
Still showing a zero in the "yes" category, but someone seems a little defensive. I'm not going to mention any names, but I think it's time for an avid smoker to tell his tale...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 06:42 pm
wandeljw wrote:
If aliens are searching for intelligent life on earth, why do they only appear to people who look like Gustav Ratzenhofer?

Perhaps the idea that they're looking for intelligent life is an unfounded assumption. Hmmm.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 06:56 pm
Chai wrote:

get used to it.

whatEVER you do, do NOT tell anyone how you did things up there....even I find that annoying.

Thanks Chai. I was gonna address the Yankee thing but you have even put a Texas spin on it.

Ya'll done well.

RH
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:42 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Still showing a zero in the "yes" category, but someone seems a little defensive. I'm not going to mention any names, but I think it's time for an avid smoker to tell his tale...

I forgot to vote, I do that a lot....but no, I don't believe in such things. My main point is, that it is not just southerners that think they see them, as many would like to think is the case...if you look at the pic I posted New England is full of sightings, as well as many other parts of the nation that the enlightened ones call home.

There is another thread about ufo's, either started by Snood, or at least he gave a nice story about a ufo sighting in it.... in that thread Set gave his opinion on ufo sightings...and his outlook mirrors mine to a T.

I don't remember if Snood was born in the south or not, I believe he was....but regardless, I doubt that anyone at this site thinks that he is some dumb yokel. People see things that they can not explain scientifically or logically...that's all there is to it.

I voted.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:49 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I have no doubt that many people see, or think they see, objects, or what they think are objects, which are flying, or which they think are flying, and which they are then and subsequently unable to identify. I do not doubt that on such a basis, there certainly are unidentified flying objects. That is not a basis to assert that one has seen a "flying saucer," or otherwise has evidence of an alien visitation.

That's pretty much my exact same speech on said subject....so a good old fashioned ditto is in order....even if it's over a year old.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 09:59 pm
Linkat wrote:
2PacksAday wrote:
Yankees and Hippies see them too.

http://www.ufomaps.com/

The map lower down is more detailed.

Actually no Yankees (unless you are referring to NY Yankees) - I thought Yankees were people from New England - do not see any New England states that caught site of them.

Definition of a Yankee --

Anywhere in the world a Yankee is an American
In America a Yankee is a northerner
In the north a Yankee is a New Englander
In New England a Yankee is a Vermonter (some would add Maine)
In Vermont a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie and cheddar cheese for breakfast.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 10:12 pm
I'll finish it off....

Yankee doodle dandy Shocked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ_DanugUE

RH
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 12:22 am
The land is very flat where I live, so we have a lot of sky, on a typical day I can watch 747's and the like, rising...gaining altitude...leveling off then begin to make their decent from Dallas to Chicago/St Louis and vice versa. They tend to run about 10 to 15 minutes apart, pretty much all day every day..I know exactly where to look to find their flight paths.

As the seasons change, and the suns angle increases or decreases, the planes are lit differently, sometimes they are near impossible to see, but other times they are extremely visible.....especially right before sunset, the planes heading north west...toward Denver look very similar to a planet...a very bright non blinking/twinkling dot low in the evening sky. They could, with a bit of imagination appear to be a classic UFO...a bright white dot, moving fairly quickly, at least compared with normal celestial objects.

Two Novembers ago, I saw three very bright dots in the low western sky, and at first I thought they were some of the planets...Venus, Mars and perhaps Jupiter...all three are fairly bright, and easy to spot in the night sky...and often during dusk. But they weren't in their proper positions...at the time, Venus was the only one that should have sort-of-been in that part of the sky, Mars wasn't showing his face until very late at night, and on the opposite side of the sky, same with Jupiter, and he was too low. So I pulled over on the shoulder to get a better look, and to take a picture...it was actually pretty cool looking. Naturally as I sat and watched, the sun, as well as the dots shifted slowly, and I could finally make out the faint silhouette of a plane.

Now, at no time during this, did I think...aliens....not for one second, after I xed out the idea of them being planets, I figured they were jets....as I described earlier. But there were no vapor trails...not visible anyway...and they appeared tightly grouped. Grouped of course from my perspective, as I'm sure they were miles apart from each other. Anyway, I can see how some people might see something like that, and make a mad dash to call the local paper, or even The Enquirer...or any of those crazy ass papers they have near the checkout lines at Wally World. But for those few seconds that I was not sure, I suppose you could classify them as UFO's, in the strict sense of the definition....until of course I identified them....but I'm not even comfortable admitting that.

The pictures didn't turn out too well, the planes were many, many miles away, and my digital camera just does not have the umph of my old 35's. I guess I deleted them, because I just looked and all I found was one, but that was after everything had shifted and the vapor trail was finally visible...you still can't see the actual plane, but it looks like a shooting star going in reverse, or even a small comet.

-----------

So since we've hashed out....good enough I suppose....what a Yankee is, is there any of you....in the past, or currently affiliated with being a Yankee, gonna admit that you do indeed have an abundance of UFO sightings. I get the feeling, from years of hearing this, that if you were to give a NY'er a map and tell them to pick 100 spots on the map where they would guess UFO sightings occur, they would put half in AZ/NM and the other half in Georgia....after of course they asked which of those stupid states down there was Georgia, because "Days all da same anyhows."
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 12:51 am
2PacksAday wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

I forgot to vote, I do that a lot....but no, I don't believe in such things.
I, on the other hand, do believe in such things... though I'm very dubious that beings with the technology to travel this far (if indeed that's possible even for them), would be dumb enough to be spotted by Billy Joe Bob… let alone his entire town. :wink:

Ps. I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else.
Pps. UFO sightings aren't flying saucer sightings are not synonymous (all dogs are mammals but…).
Ppps. Some idiots live in the North. Really.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 01:05 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Hey Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 01:27 am
Bill Said

I, on the other hand, do believe in such things... though I'm very dubious that beings with the technology to travel this far (if indeed that's possible even for them), would be dumb enough to be spotted by Billy Joe Bob… let alone his entire town.

I think it's possible, but I do highly doubt it...especially the way some believe they visit us...as if when in AZ you can't walk 100 yards in any direction without tripping over alien craft wreckage. Anything is possible.

That'll do.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 01:34 am
2PacksAday wrote:
Bill Said

That'll do.
Easy for you to say. Did you here Montana is buying a gun? Shocked (takes cover)
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 01:44 am
:wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 01:57 am
:wink: Twisted Evil
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:06 am
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/2PacksAday/CopyofIMG_2239.jpg

Well, after closer inspection of the picture, I do see the three dots, the plane I was looking at earlier had nothing to do with these three...heh....well it's been over a year, and at normal size you can't see the dots, this is blown up about five spins on my mouse wheel...that's about as technical as I want to get.

I don't know how well this is gonna show up, but the dot on the far left was sort of how they all looked at first, just a lot brighter, and more circular....and they were grouped a lot closer. I was on top of the overpass near New Madrid MO, when I took the picture...a town known for it's earth quakes...not UFO sightings.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 06:23 am
2Packs - you can't be worried about UFO's when you're getting pounded by tornado's. Those are real!

Glad to know you're okay. I asked Mom about you when she called to report she was okay a couple weeks ago.

She said "Who?"
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 07:06 am
9/12/01.

we hadn't slept well that night (for obvious reasons).
i got up before dawn, went downstairs to look for the morning paper.

what was left of the night sky was a deep, dark, clear navy blue.
i took inventory, saw the usual bright planets and constellations.

then i saw the red lights of an aircraft drift across, from east to west.
it had 3 or 4 lights in a straight line.
it did not make a sound.

it must've been NORAD or something... or was it?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 08:53 am
squinney wrote:
2Packs - you can't be worried about UFO's when you're getting pounded by tornado's. Those are real!

Glad to know you're okay. I asked Mom about you when she called to report she was okay a couple weeks ago.

She said "Who?"

Next time describe me to her....mean rowdy looking guy, cowboy hat, Texas drawl, says Yep and Sum'bitches a lot...can't be but two or three of us in the whole state.

My little town has been lucky, we...knock on wood...haven't had a tornado hit since the 1940's, but the towns near here have been hit relentlessly. Caruthersville a town of about 7,000, which is deep in the bootheel about an hour south of me, was nearly totally flattened two springs ago. I've got some pictures of one of the water towers that was ripped apart, and the only thing left standing of the high school was one corner of one wall.

-----

We sort of have a Roswell story here as well, I've only heard inklings of it in real life, but our local PBS station had a piece about it a few years ago, and I've seen a few things on the net about it. It actually predates the Roswell incident by a few years.

http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2006/10/1941-ufo-crash-near-sikeston-mo.html

Of course, I put no stock in the story...but it's out there. The whole alien abduction thing, that probably is a predominantly southern or western thing, kinda need wide open spaces to get yourself abducted properly without waking the neighbors. I tried to find a map, but I haven't found anything yet. I have some of my own theories about that, but my favorite is the ultimate excuse theory.

Earl where you been all night...and why is yo ass bleedin.....you was out whorin with that skank from the feed barn again wern't ya.
...Uhh...Honey....Darlin...I done got myself ducted by some alien bastards, and then they went and stuck a probe up in me...it was horrible.
Well, dayum baby, come on in here and tell me all about it.

I can see that.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 12:39 pm
Chai wrote:

get used to it.

I don't have a problem with that - as long as the Yankee term has nothing to do with being a NY Yankee!
0 Replies