3 year old will not eat!!!

sozobe

Thu 15 Dec, 2011 12:56 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
What fruits grow in water?

None. The idea was to get clams, oysters, mussels etc. which fish can't do anything with but which humans (hands) can deal with, and then walk up on shore for fruit which grew wild.

Yes, that's the lack of internal logic thing. If they're walking up on shore for fruit, why aren't they walking up on shore for vegetables?

They both grow on shore. And vegetables are probably easier to find.
gungasnake

Thu 15 Dec, 2011 01:46 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
y both grow on shore. And vegetables are probably easier to find.

Veggies generally have to be cooked and require some knowledge of what parts to eat and that varies by category. The main green veggies which people eat do not lend themselves to be eaten raw easily and certainly not by children.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 16 Dec, 2011 04:59 am
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
we are not made in our current state to survive on ANY of our 'original' diet no matter if we were aquatic ( which is possible too) , a derivative of the ape, or a surprise creation as according to american religion,.
What we were thousands of years ago is NOT what we are now and NOT what our bodies need.

Actually, that (the idea that our original design parameters are somehow irrelevant to our present condition) is wrong. We weren't made to fly for example and, guess what? That's right, we still can't fly.

Animals which were made to consume veggies (cows, horses, deer etc) have rounded bodies and digestive systems large enough to get sufficient nourishment from veggies, which are certainly low in protein density if nothing else. We aren't really built that way. The original combination of shellfish and fruit gave us the protein we needed without large digestive systems and also the calories necessary for swimming. Humans still eat meat and sweet things naturally, while other things are acquired tastes IF the person acquires them.

0 Replies

anky2930

Mon 16 Apr, 2012 06:19 am
@mismi,
In my opinion you should mix the food with the food you want to give may be this will work for you.
0 Replies

lindalewis

Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:25 am
@schwab123,
My son is doing about the same thing. He likes only selected food items. But he loves chocolate milk, so I got some and I gave him that on bad eating days. I think it gives his metabolism a boost and he starts eating better. He also likes the V-8 Fusion juice which helps with the veggies. Hope this would work for you also.
0 Replies

MarieTyler

Mon 21 May, 2012 08:59 am
@schwab123,
Hello friends,

Try having his friends over for food and play-date. Most kids will eat and try new things if they see their friends eating. They love to copy ESP older kids.

Best Marie tyler
0 Replies

MarieTyler

Mon 11 Jun, 2012 08:32 am
@schwab123,
Hello friends,

If they feel they have more control during the day, they may not need to control what they eat quite so much. We play games sometimes too with eating - just to make it more fun. I'll put a bite of meat or veggie on my 3 year olds fork, then set it down. I look away, talking about how I hope no one steals that bite while I'm not looking (you can add Spiderman, Superman, etc - that maybe they will fly in and eat the bite while you aren't looking) He loves it and after a few times, I seem to get accidentally busy with the baby and he is having such a good time and enjoying the food now that he tried it, he often times continues eating on his own while waiting for me to start playing again. I also like listening to what his belly says. It has a very funny voice and asks for things like peas and meat. Now he will walk up to me, lift his shirt and tell me (in a great voice) that his belly needs a cookie or an apple, etc. LOL Now getting him to sit at the table...another story!

Best regards
Marie Tyler
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 11 Jun, 2012 08:44 am
@schwab123,
The kid should be 7 years old now, how's she making out?
0 Replies

CtlsRajesh

Thu 12 Dec, 2013 03:39 am
@Green Witch,
I agree with this reply and this is the right solution.
0 Replies

Shawn909

Fri 4 Apr, 2014 05:44 pm
@schwab123,
My view is a child that is truly hungry will eat what is offered to them.
0 Replies

littlerose

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:20 am
@schwab123,
I have a little bit similar situation. My son is on a gluten-free diet (no wheat, no bread, no sweets, no cookies, etc). He is 3 years old. If you know what does it mean a gluten-free diet, you can imagine the "variety" of foods I could offer him. There are periods when he just does not wish to eat that food, but I try to have at least 2 dishes (to be able to offer the other dish if the first one doesn't work). However, if he does not eat anything, he remains hungry, for some period, but later I know he will eat. He could eat a little in the morning, and that's all. At the start it was killing me, but now I know he will eat when he wants.
You know, once I've met a woman whose son was on this diet too, but he also was allergic to fruits and vegetables. I've asked her about how is she dealing with all these difficulties? The only thing she replied was: "What should I do? I wish and I must help him".
Just imagine that eating healthy is a vital necessity, not just your or doctor's wish. Think and hope you will find the way. Moreover it is time to do something now, when it is possible.
0 Replies

hailey416

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 12:35 am
@schwab123,
I have a 3.5year old son with the same problem, only he won't even eat fruit! He was looking so thin so I started to give him a milo...morning and night, to get him to have something that would be about a good meal size! I tried not giving him anything to drink before food but it made no difference with him! He too was only 14kg (not big for a boy!) at 3 years so I went to the chemist and bought a vitamin powder which worked wonders (it's in the same area as the baby formulas)! You just add it to their milk drink...my son put on about 3kg in a matter of 2 weeks and looked so healthy! I haven't bought anymore since and he has only lost about 1kg over the past 6 months....he was sick and lost most of it then...but he hasn't lost anymore since! I also found it seemed to help increase his appetite...although not much but at least he was eating better than before! I still have trouble with getting him to eat but his appetite has improved tremendously from what it was like before, he will eat about half his meals!
You can only try it to see if it works...some it will some it may not, but give it a go as it was great for my son.

Best wishes
roger

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 12:48 am
@hailey416,
A three and a half year old losing a kg in six months sounds good to you? At that age, he should be gaining like crazy. It sounds like doctor time to me.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 09:12 pm
@schwab123,
Quote:
My 3 year old daughter will not eat. She will not touch fruits or vegetables no matter what we have tried. And we've tried everything! She eats pretzels, chicken nuggets, and milk. I thought once she was older she would be able to understand more and know consequences ans see what we eat but no deal. Can anyone help?

Bring her a friend of her age who will eat healthy food.

After the other child finish the food, give him/her a reward as ice cream or pretzels.

If you daughter don't buy it, no problem. Just keep the "treatment".

If your daughter misses school, take a day, two days, whatever days off, and keep the treatment.

Eventually you will take back the control.

You must do it the earliest the better. Because you letting her doing her will over eating right, you will be the only guilty one of the poor health of your daughter in the future.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 08:20 am
@schwab123,
Cut her off from eating everything but what you want her to eat. When she's hungry, she'll eat whatever you give her.

You need to assert yourselves. You're her parents, not her friends. Quit trying to be her buddies then wonder why she doesn't listen to or respect you.
0 Replies