Mom wants to sell Mary Kay.

Amigo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:06 pm
Hes taking a smoke break hes been decorating his corner.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:09 pm
As long as it's not Mary Jane, it will be OK.

My mom's good friend is an Avon lady. We buy far more Avon than we would have otherwise, but then, it is a good line, love their lipsticks, creams, and mascaras. And we get in on all the sales and discounts. She gives new catalogues to all her friends and we just browse through and order what we want through her. Convenient for us and for her. Everybody happy. I know nothing about MaryKay or Arbonne, they never made it to Slovakia, shockingly, but I like Avon and imagine it must be similar.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 02:54 pm
Amigo wrote:
Hes taking a smoke break hes been decorating his corner.

Don't let the relaxed posture fool you Amigo my friend.

He's looking over at the kid next to him thinking "damn, look what that kid's doing with His hovel, I didn't know you could be so creative with banana peels and cow turds....makes my place look like ****. I'm gonna go over after it gets dark and push that whole obelisk over."

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/little-smoking-kid.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:55 pm
Re: Mom wants to sell Mary Kay.
Amigo wrote:
My Mom is retired and wants to sell Mary Kay. Has anybody heard anything good or bad about this venture.

She wants to build her social security credits.

OK I just skimmed this, so I might have missed a few points. Did everyone notice the wall to wall Mary Kay ads that are on this thread? It's like the CIA is watching the action here.

I think if she keeps her initial investment to a minimum she can do a harmless trial period. Like Chai, I don't like the pressure of a friend asking me to buy things. I think the biggest problem with things like this is that you run out of customers unless you hustle and that's not a nice thing to do to people you love. I try not to mix business with family and friendship.

I would suggest she start to take a table at church bazaars, school events and library sales- that way she doesn't have to keep hitting up her friends and family. She can buy a nice tablecloth, some good mirrors and make a nice sign. Most of these places charge about $15 for space and it will give her some volume to work with.

Hey Amigo, make sure she keeps good sale/tax records. Business' like this are an IRS red flag. They can easily go back to Mary Kay and see exactly what inventory was purchased and make their own conclusions about sale totals.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:12 pm
Yeah, but...

Mexican ladies love buying that **** from each other.

Getting dolled up is really BIG.

I have a messcan girlfriend who is really into the red lips, nails, perfect hair, bright colors. She's like a poster child for Cinco de Mayo.

It's fun looking a Mexican bridal magazines with her, since she can point out the finer points. There's enough toule and ribbons, satin and lace in one of those dresses decorate the Bellagio.

I could see Gloria selling Mary Kay...she'd invite the entire neighborhood.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:38 pm
Re: Mom wants to sell Mary Kay.
Green Witch wrote:
Amigo wrote:
My Mom is retired and wants to sell Mary Kay. Has anybody heard anything good or bad about this venture.

She wants to build her social security credits.

OK I just skimmed this, so I might have missed a few points. Did everyone notice the wall to wall Mary Kay ads that are on this thread? It's like the CIA is watching the action here.

I think if she keeps her initial investment to a minimum she can do a harmless trial period. Like Chai, I don't like the pressure of a friend asking me to buy things. I think the biggest problem with things like this is that you run out of customers unless you hustle and that's not a nice thing to do to people you love. I try not to mix business with family and friendship.

I would suggest she start to take a table at church bazaars, school events and library sales- that way she doesn't have to keep hitting up her friends and family. She can buy a nice tablecloth, some good mirrors and make a nice sign. Most of these places charge about $15 for space and it will give her some volume to work with.

Hey Amigo, make sure she keeps good sale/tax records. Business' like this are an IRS red flag. They can easily go back to Mary Kay and see exactly what inventory was purchased and make their own conclusions about sale totals.
Thank you Green Witch. That is some sobering advice and something to think about.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:39 pm
Chai wrote:
Yeah, but...

Mexican ladies love buying that **** from each other.

Getting dolled up is really BIG.

I have a messcan girlfriend who is really into the red lips, nails, perfect hair, bright colors. She's like a poster child for Cinco de Mayo.

It's fun looking a Mexican bridal magazines with her, since she can point out the finer points. There's enough toule and ribbons, satin and lace in one of those dresses decorate the Bellagio.

I could see Gloria selling Mary Kay...she'd invite the entire neighborhood.
Laughing Laughing Your right!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 10:30 pm
I think it's a great idea! <waving to Amigo and his lovely mom :-D>

I am with the others who don't like my family or friends trying to sell me stuff, but Green Witch has a great idea there about renting a table to sell her stuff.

That way, she gets to meet new people and people buy what they want. everyone is comfortable :-D

Good luck Amigo's mom :-D
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:32 pm
Yeah...Now Amigo, go buy your mom some really pretty, festive business cards to staple to her Mary Kay catalogs......

Another idea is she can find businesses that would let her place a few catalogs in the stores, usually around the area where everyone leaves their business cards...Or make her a few flyers with the pull tabs on the bottoms with all the info. (People really do pick them up)

When I worked at the cafe/convenient store....We had a huge table set up for such things. What was so funny, we had two ladies selling Mary Kay, and one selling Avon. All older ladies in their mid 60's, one of them would come in and pull the other's booklets if we weren't watching. :wink:
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 02:48 pm
I'm at my moms house.

Theres a pink cadillac in the drive way. And I also found a John Tesh tape in her car.

I'm pretending to watch football with my stepdad but really i'm listening to the Mary Kay ladies hustle. Cool

She told my mom something about going to Houston and my momsays to us "Oh, I'm going to Houston honey".

I don't know. I will report later.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 02:51 pm
Quote:
I'm at my moms house.

Theres a pink cadillac in the drive way. And I also found a John Tesh tape in her car.

I'm pretending to watch football with my stepdad but really i'm listening to the Mary Kay ladies hustle.

She told my mom something about going to Houston and my momsays to us "Oh, I'm going to Houston honey".

I don't know. I will report later.

Pink Cadillac...lol "Told ya!" :wink:

Can't wait to hear this one.....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 02:56 pm
Now theres stinky lotions and pink $hit everywhere and shes pouring it all over my mom a talking about Houston.

My mom looks like a rodeo clown.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:00 pm
It'll wash off............
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:11 pm
Now They want to give me a facial! Shocked

I think the Mary Kay lady is coming on to me.

She must be one of those Bobcats everyone is talking about.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:14 pm
>TEEHEEE<

Tell her to only do the stroking upward.........if she strokes downward, then she doesn't know what she's doing.... :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:24 pm
RUN AMIGO!

RUN!!!!!

You should have gotten out of there when you saw the John Tesch tape.

(he's a goner)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:35 pm
Too hell with this I'm going home. I will come back later.

The kit is too pink. It looks like some Hello Kitty bull$hit.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:47 pm
Poor Amigo Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:54 pm
MY MOMS FIGHTING WITH THE MARY KAY LADY!!!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:55 pm
Oh cool!

Is the mary kay lady trying to make her buy more than the starter kit or something?

I'm on the edge of my seat. Don't leave until you find out what this is all about.
0 Replies