Nice message to send to your 6 year old...

Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:39 pm
Gala wrote:
Okay, so here's another example where I'm going to get a whupping...

Britney Spears-- I feel for her.

Actually (and I've admitted this to very few) I feel for her as well. Not that she shouldn't have her children taken from her - but the condition she is in and how self destructive she has become. Really sad - I honestly hope she can find the right help she so desperately needs.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:44 pm
Gala wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I can 't avoid the observation
that women can be pretty severe on other women.

To me, it's one of the lesser good things about being female (not all women are this way). And, if you'll observe-- women who are mothers (not all mothers) get quite high and mighty and competitive when it comes to raising children.

(Boy, am I going to get a whupping for this comment).

I'll say that where children are involved EVERYBODY has an opinion and usually lets it be heard. Mothers can be competitive about it, but I think that's more about hiding their own perceived inadequacies. But when you say something like that in the context of this thread, it sounds like you are downplaying the outrage by blaming it on women being harsh on one another, when really the outrage is entirely justified.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:46 pm
I can't speak for Britney Spears, since I only have the most cursory knowledge of anything about her.

2 points to Gala.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 05:01 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Gala wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

To me, it's one of the lesser good things about being female (not all women are this way). And, if you'll observe-- women who are mothers (not all mothers) get quite high and mighty and competitive when it comes to raising children.

I'll say that where children are involved EVERYBODY has an opinion and usually lets it be heard. Mothers can be competitive about it, but I think that's more about hiding their own perceived inadequacies. But when you say something like that in the context of this thread, it sounds like you are downplaying the outrage by blaming it on women being harsh on one another, when really the outrage is entirely justified.

Sending her to Iraq ?
Seems harsh to me.
David
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 08:08 am
Outrage = sending her to Iraq?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 08:26 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Gala wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I am not downplaying the act this woman did to get her daughter Hannah Montana tickets. What she did was dumb and insensitive. But I have empathy for her.

Those of you who are so outraged by her actions can't throw the woman a crumb of kindness. Geez, I've done dumb things in my day and was always grateful for those who didn't revile me for it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:43 pm
To err is human;
to forgive: divine
0 Replies