Nice message to send to your 6 year old...

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 03:22 pm
All due respect Gala....this women is a con artist.

Here's a few quotes she made.

On Good Morning America...

"We never said anything like this was a true story. Never. It was just an essay. We do essays all the time. You know, my daughter does essays at school all the time," Priscilla Ceballos said. "I never lied and said that the essay was a true story."

Ceballos insists, however, she was not trying to fool anyone and was surprised to find out the essay was released to the media.

Talk about back peddling.

An essay is written about personal experience, not a work of fiction.
Anyway, the essay was supposed to be about how the writer would rock with her friends like HM....wasn't asking about her living situation.....

She knew exactly what she was doing, and would do it again, if she thought she could get away with it.

(Austin is a phychologist)...."Really," Austin continued, "it would be better if (Ceballos) were teaching her daughter, 'You do your best, you try to get what you want, and if you don't get it, life will present you with other opportunities. You have to get a habit of resiliency, self-respect, good values.' This is instant gratification over long-term values, and it's a bad road to go down."

In her practice, Austin says, she's seeing a growing number of extra-meddlesome parents, and that sort of upbringing is showing up now in the business world, where you have "kids who grew up with this ... 'I'm important. Anything I want, I get. It doesn't matter what I have to do or who I have to harm to get it.' In corporate America, we have an energy and a mood now that it's OK to do anything as a company, just to succeed and sell things.

"But, where are the ethics, the values, the self-respect as an individual? Where are the basic, old-fashioned values? 'Don't lie, don't cheat, don't steal, and most of all, don't retaliate, even just for practical reasons. It will always come back and get you. ' "

Which comes first, Smith wondered? Is it a societal message parents are taking, or the other way around?

"It's a chicken / egg question," Austin asserted. "They both feed each other. Our media, which I'm now speaking on, can do great things, but also we broadcast some really negative images sometimes. We idolize pop stars who have really bad values as parents and as people. They may be great performers, but they're not great role models, and we idolize them and follow them and obsess. So, our kids say, 'This one has all this money and all this fame, and look how great they are, and everybody follows them around, the paparazzi.'

" ... It's not a good sense of values and parenting. You really want to teach your kids to have self-respect, develop a habit of being resilient, to have ethics, and take the long view instead of instant gratification."
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:00 pm
I've not seen any of the TV of her, thankfully. How old is this chic anyway? Geez, what a slice of life...

On a happier note your "doo" is really nice. Those arn't sideburns, that's hair, girl hair, I imagined mutton chops or something-- the cut suits you. Did Wally defaecate?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:47 pm
If you so desire to see this "woman" on TV take a look at her apology video. You are correct in that she seems young.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22502162/
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:54 pm
Thanks for the post, Linkat. I feel for her. Except, those hyper-plucked eyebrows do not help her plea for forgiveness. She knows she messed up.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 08:30 pm
Oh please.

Matt Lauer "How did you explain to your daughter that she won, and then lost this contest"?

To quote her...."I......I've.....I really haven't....I mean I....I really told her, I've actually told her the truth. I told her we wrote and essay and They said it was a lie, and I refused to accept the tickets"

Lauer: You refused to take them, or they were taken away from you?

"Well, I did refuse to accept them"

The Pychiatrist...."She's coming clean and being truthful...."

Yeah, right. Not until she was caught. She seemed pleased as punch watching her girl get made up before the poop hit the fan.

When does something stop being a "mistake" or "misunderstanding" and is called what it really is....wrongdoing.

This person doesn't even know when she's lying, it's so much a part of her makeup.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:18 pm
Chai wrote:
Oh please.

Matt Lauer "How did you explain to your daughter that she won, and then lost this contest"?

To quote her...."I......I've.....I really haven't....I mean I....I really told her, I've actually told her the truth. I told her we wrote and essay and They said it was a lie, and I refused to accept the tickets"

Yeah, right. Not until she was caught. She seemed pleased as punch watching her girl get made up before the poop hit the fan.

When does something stop being a "mistake" or "misunderstanding" and is called what it really is....wrongdoing.

This person doesn't even know when she's lying, it's so much a part of her makeup.

Who 's your avatar ?
0 Replies

dant

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:02 pm
JPB wrote:
I think the mom should get a one-way ticket to Iraq.

Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:31 pm
Chai wrote:
Oh please.

Somebody please catch me (and please put me in the supine position) -- I feel faint. I agree with every word here. And the tone, the cynicism, and the ... well, geez, the whole of it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:34 pm
dant wrote:
JPB wrote:
I think the mom should get a one-way ticket to Iraq.

Laughing

Harsh; very harsh.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:28 am
Chai wrote:
Oh please.

So what? She's f***** up. Why so harsh?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 12:42 pm
Because....

People like her get away with as much as they can in life. They cheat to get what they want, to the detriment of others.

When other people go the "oh, she's got a dysfunction, we need to help her" her kind grab on and milk it for all it's worth. She's not sorry for what she did, she's just sorry she got caught....and, she's teaching her daughter to be the same way, if it's not already too late.

Better to let someone know you've got their number.

I believe in giving everyone a chance, as long as they are doing the right thing, I trust them.

If that trust is broken, they're going to have to work really hard to prove they've changed.

To me, the proof is not appearing on TV with a lawyer and a shrink saying, in essense, she didn't do anything wrong, it was that those "they" are taking something from her.

Proof of change, in her case would require her to face that she's accountable, and for her to go a good long while without taking from others what she can get away with.

Yes, I'm being harsh. She deserves harshness.

There are times I've been treated harshly, and I hated it. But, I deserved it.

That's life.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 12:59 pm
I think we tend to be extra harsh when people pass their f-ed up ways on to their children. It's one thing to be a lying sack of ****, it's another to turn your daughter into one.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 02:42 pm
I agree with you about letting someone who'se messing with you you know what they're up to. And, I understand what you are saying and your viewpoint-- but, I still feel for her.

Maybe it's because I don't watch TV. I dislike those morning programs because they have nothing better to do but to hang people out to dry for minor and not so monor crimes.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 05:23 pm
I can 't avoid the observation
that women can be pretty severe on other women.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 06:12 pm
That's because this particular story is about a woman. Correct me if there were any men involved.

If this was a man, I'd feel no different.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 06:29 pm
With Chai all the way here.

First of all, a fantasy boohoo essay about her daddy dying in Iraq is

a) a lie, and there should be weasel notes on competitions for just that kind of instance, or have a fiction contest.
b) weird as a fantasy essay for a six year old who has little concept of death
c) when that is really happening to a lot of families
d) and a compleat using scenario
e) hooked into a contest to see a hyped fictional character
f) and anything else Chai said, although I don't remember if she said e).

I'll extend my questions to the mother's mother though. She might have been a dip too.

Also like your hair, Chai.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:02 pm
I'm with Chai on this one too, and I tend to be pretty forgiving of bad parents/parental mistakes in general. This is different. The lie to get to the tickets is bad enough, but as osso mentions, the fact that this is something that many children really are living through, it's disgusting.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:17 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:

To me, it's one of the lesser good things about being female (not all women are this way). And, if you'll observe-- women who are mothers (not all mothers) get quite high and mighty and competitive when it comes to raising children.

(Boy, am I going to get a whupping for this comment).
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
Okay, so here's another example where I'm going to get a whupping...

Britney Spears-- I feel for her.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:38 pm
Gala wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

To me, it's one of the lesser good things about being female (not all women are this way). And, if you'll observe-- women who are mothers (not all mothers) get quite high and mighty and competitive when it comes to raising children.

(Boy, am I going to get a whupping for this comment).

I won't give you a whupping, although I do threaten to give whupping to my own daughters at times.

I think a better way for you to word this (to avoid future whuppings) is to say "...some mothers get quite ...." rather than start with sounding as if you are including all and as an afterthought add (not all) - just comes out sounding from the beginning that you are not accusing all moms.
0 Replies