Should I Leave - Or Make Her Leave?

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:56 pm
I am not crazy.

I saw the hand of God just wipe out a Troll.

I will now go repent.

A great 2008, to all who appreciate.

RH
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:02 pm
how nice for a first a2k post.

I'm interested re our original poster, who I take to be both an outside observer and self observer. Probably not perfect, but I too don't get all the dumpos, though I understand some of the basis, hooks, for all that.

I do see some of his (sorry, don't want to lose post by trying to find the right name, and apologize for that) aggressive then passive comments, but then I can recognize that from some personal familiarity, re myself.

I am still interested and plan to speak and then listen, as I said, tomorrow.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:04 pm
I agree with Ms Osso as to game playing.

Talk is cheap, so to speak.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:26 pm
I have a lot of respect for A2K and the people who run it, so I at this point I feel I've already said too much.

I can't help you because I have too many issues with you, so I'm going to back away from this thread.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:29 pm
Damn, I go out for a nice turkey Reuben (side of onion rings) and to go food shopping and ....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:30 pm
Embarrassed
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:30 pm
All hail Jespah
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:33 pm
I'm completely confused, but thanks, I can tell.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:36 pm
I watched it all, and had to go wash my eyes out.....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:46 pm
Dammit that made me laugh. Which almost meant soy eggnog out the nostrils (lovely image, I know. I'm so feminine). Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:47 pm
Laughing

<so much for backing away>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:49 pm
I just knew I should buy some soy eggnog..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:51 pm
Laughing Oh my god, you guys are killin me!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:59 pm
That (whatever it was) wasn't 'flummoxed', was it? I am still potentiallly interested in his question and may, ahem, disagree with others here and there and want to post about it, however slow I am to work up to it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 11:01 pm
Osso, you missed the action move....

The regularly scheduled programming should resume shortly...

(insert commercial message here)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 11:03 pm
What action? THere is some stuff missing, isn't it?

I had a Pastrami Reuben today - sooo good!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 11:07 pm
It was crazy Jane Shocked
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 11:24 pm
A number of items were removed and disposed of. The hamsters worked diligently. The villagers were saved.

And now for this commercial break:

For whiter whites
and brighter brights
use Krelm!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 07:49 am
flummoxed--

I wish you well.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 09:30 am
RH, you rock (now get over there and make your picks)

flummoxed wrote:
She wouldn't want me to leave her. She's not financially secure and independent. But let's not be uncharitable. There's far more to it than that. She can manage. But she doesn't want such a horrible story, such a horrible ending, such an incident in her life story. She has other motivations than pure 'look after myself' economic motivations.

She's also a normal human being and she's facing a strange country and struggling to find skills and opportunity and she needs help. A little fear and uncertainty is quite acceptable in these circumstances, I think.

O.K. enough, though I'd like to talk with JPB more.

Ok, so she's in a strange country and struggling to find skills and opportunity and she needs help. All normal for her situation. She's also the mother of two small children and she wants you to care for their needs while she becomes grounded in a new setting (or coming and going through yours). I get it.

I understand where you're coming from -- not wanting to stay in a place that you rent so that you can provide her some stability when there's no relationship between the two of you. And I didn't take it that neither of you want the children, but that both of you were willing to let the other be the custodial parent. The difference is that you want to be the custodial parent in your own home (or not at all) and she wants you to be the custodial parent in the place you rent. Do I have that straight?

Now she's saying that she'll stay in your current place, but there's still no relationship between you. If you're both unhappy and living together as housemates rather than partners and neither of you is looking to rediscover what it was about the other that attracted you in the first place then I don't see much hope for a positive resolution.

I think it will ultimately come down to what you said upfront. One of you will become the custodial parent and you will move back to your own home (with or without the children). Do you have any interest in re-establishing a positive relationship with your wife?
0 Replies