Softener resin escaping

justalurker

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 06:25 pm
Mail order IS great when you can't find what you want/need locally, the item requires little to no service after the sale, or the item is priced far lower (including shipping) than locally.

For me, if the price locally is in the ballpark of mail order I'd rather spend the money local.

If you had bought your softener from the local guy you'd be helping to make sure that he'd still be in business the next time you needed your water tested... for free.

Zozzie wrote:
There's really two rules about mailorder or any business - 1) The customer is always right. 2) See rule #1.

There really only one rule about mail order when the customer pays with a credit card... Zozzie's rule #1
0 Replies

Zozzie

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 07:16 pm
justalurker wrote:
Mail order IS great when you can't find what you want/need locally, the item requires little to no service after the sale, or the item is priced far lower (including shipping) than locally.
For me, if the price locally is in the ballpark of mail order I'd rather spend the money local.
If you had bought your softener from the local guy you'd be helping to make sure that he'd still be in business the next time you needed your water tested... for free.

I was in a rush to get a softener and I went into the local store on my way back from looking at the Home Depot. The lady at the store's desk knew nothing and had never heard of 'Clack'. The bossman wasn't in. Scratch that store! I found out two months later that ALL they sold was Clack. Dohh!

Quote:
There really only one rule about mail order when the customer pays with a credit card... Zozzie's rule #1

Which stops us being taken advantage of by people who we can't get at and who have no Customer Service skills eh?

Gary wasn't in agreement with what I did to resolve this but maybe the seller learned a lesson - to give people the respect and service that they deserve and that they have a right to expect. No-one should have to weild the big stick. Some people refuse to be kicked around. Had I bought the resin out of my money I would have enabled the seller to keep on kicking people around. **** him.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:02 pm
Zozzie wrote:
... maybe the seller learned a lesson - to give people the respect and service that they deserve and that they have a right to expect. No-one should have to wield the big stick. Some people refuse to be kicked around. Had I bought the resin out of my money I would have enabled the seller to keep on kicking people around. **** him.

Zozzie, what you did with your mail oder vendor is a service to all his customers who follow you...

If the customer just ahead of you was treated the same way and had done something about it then you would probably have gotten some service BUT, don't overlook the unfortunate reality that some people continue to make money despite their best efforts not to.
0 Replies

Zozzie

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:29 pm
justalurker wrote:
Zozzie, what you did with your mail oder vendor is a service to all his customers who follow you...

While he was chewing me out for getting Visa mad at him and telling me that the unit malfunction was MY fault (I didn't remove the head from the tank and check the basket installation) I interupted him and asked him that if he'd have bought a big screen TV three months ago would he be happy with it sitting there not working properly and feeling abandoned by the seller. Of course he had no choice but to agree that he wouldn't be happy. All anyone needs to do is place themselves in the shoes of others and ask "Is this how *I* would like to be treated?"
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:33 pm
Zozzie wrote:
All anyone needs to do is place themselves in the shoes of others and ask "Is this how *I* would like to be treated?"

You can't use logic with people who don't have a coherent thought process.

You can't argue ethics and principals with people who have neither.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:36 pm
Zozzie, happy for you! Sorry guy, I don't think I wrote what you think you read into it... but anyway, I think you aren't out of the woods yet, it might be just a clearing in the trees.

A customer called me Sat with a question as he had just finished his installation and said everything was great and his wife was thrilled with their soft water. Yesterday morning, Monday, he calls saying she did laundry Sunday and they had resin in their plumbing!! I went over the possibilities including my thought that it might be installed backwards and he says... "no I checked that and it's right", so a half an hour later after telling him everything I could think of as a possible cause and not believing they could be the cause, he hangs up to tear into it and get back to me.

Awhile later he calls saying he tore it all apart and found nothing.... then checked the impossible and found it was installed backwards. We talked some more and what I learned allows me to repeat; the cause of your problem was the too high gpm DLFC and the top basket being unsnapped made it worse. But rather than running the risk of upsetting you more, I'll keep my advice to myself.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 11:51 pm
Zozzie wrote:
I was in a rush to get a softener and I went into the local store on my way back from looking at the Home Depot. The lady at the store's desk knew nothing and had never heard of 'Clack'. The bossman wasn't in. Scratch that store! I found out two months later that ALL they sold was Clack. Dohh!

There is a very good reason why she didn't know 'Clack'.

Zozzie wrote:
Gary wasn't in agreement with what I did to resolve this but maybe the seller learned a lesson - to give people the respect and service that they deserve and that they have a right to expect. No-one should have to weild the big stick. Some people refuse to be kicked around. Had I bought the resin out of my money I would have enabled the seller to keep on kicking people around. **** him.

I wasn't in agreement... I told you what I would do, not what you should do. My interest in what you did or do is for my own benefit, IOWs I'm learning and really don't care what you do because I have no influence over you while attempting to help you.

I think you are fooling yourself thinking the dealer learned a lesson. People like him do not learn from this type thing or they wouldn't act the way they do to begin with.
0 Replies

Zozzie

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 06:15 am
Zozzie has said thanks to all whose help he used, has exhausted all he has to say on the subject, has heard enough debate on the topic and has now moved onto the next phase of his life. Zozzie out!
0 Replies