Guns and the Supreme Court

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 03:28 pm
Did he try the MP7 on fully automatic ?

Something I like about the MP5s that I 've used
is that their selector switches offer choices of:
semi-automatic, 3 round burst, and fully automatic.

Its astonishing how lite the recoil is on MP5s.
Its as tho Heckler & Koch repealed Newton 's 3rd Law of Motion
even on full automatic fire.

I like the laser sight,
but its a little embarrassing to see it jiggling all over the target.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 03:45 pm
Setanta wrote:
The naive candor is refreshingly hilarious . . .
or would be, were it not so grotesque . . . "I 'm not gonna chase him."

And that's what it's all about for the fanatic, isn't it?

Dreams of actually getting to waste somebody without putting one's
freedom at jeopardy of the law?

What a bunch of sickos . . .

No. ( I 'm ignoring the superparadigmatic Setanta personal invective. )
That wud be attended by some inconveniences;
( e.g., I don 't wanna have to clean the place up after him;
I don 't believe that the police offer that service ).
We just wanna be able to handle an emergency, if it arises.

What do u propose, in the alternative, Mr. Setanta ?

Wud u offer him a drink
and sit down with him for negotiations ?

What r your preferences ?

David
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 04:56 pm
Back to the subject of this thread.
Anyone who resort violence for which ever cause is not JESUS
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 05:10 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:

You should try the MP5SD - what a great sub-gun Cool

http://www.hkpro.com/mp5sdcamo.jpg
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 05:26 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

You should try the MP5SD - what a great sub-gun Cool

http://www.hkpro.com/mp5sdcamo.jpg

I HAVE done it.
I LOVE it !
David
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 05:29 pm
( Jesus's) Love lightens Labour
and sweetens sorrow.
Karl Marx love is unpalatable
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:14 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
( Jesus's) Love lightens Labour
and sweetens sorrow.
Karl Marx love is unpalatable

You need a large caliber hand gun...
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:22 pm
h20
for what?
To compare myself with those
compassionate corrupt caliber trotting cultureless , colourless consumers?
Civil Courage is imbibed in my blood .
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:30 pm
Jesus pack heat - so should you.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd318/sonicelph/Jesus20with20AR.jpg
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:38 pm
It is nice to see all this hot monkey love, but have you guys ever thought of substituting women for those guns?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:37 pm
Advocate wrote:
It is nice to see all this hot monkey love, but have you guys ever thought of substituting women for those guns?

You seem pretty childish tonight. Frustrated that the Supreme Court is finally beginning to uphold some of our Constitutional gun rights, I guess.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:41 pm
Advocate wrote:
...have you guys ever thought of substituting women for those guns?

That would give me a harem of high quality women... No thanks, I prefer
my growing gun collection and just the one high quality woman in my life.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:04 pm
Advocate wrote:
It is nice to see all this hot monkey love,
but have you guys ever thought of substituting women for those guns?

I think its strange
that left leaning anti-freedom types
insist on linking self defense with sexuality.

I wonder what the psychodynamics of that are ?
( maybe some kind of leftist overcompensation ? )

I just want my fellow Americans to PRUDENT;
and maybe have a little fun with that.

Incidentally, among other things,
u can take chics to gunnery practice
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:13 am
Thomas Jefferson wrote:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.", Proposal for a Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed. 1950)

I have never owned a gun and I most likely never will. However, I believe in defending every single word of the Constitution, and that includes parts that I don't agree with. Obey it or amend it.

Any public official who supports a law which clearly violates the Constitution should be voted out of office as rapidly as possible. Enemies of the Constitution have no role in our government. Freedom of speech is an individual right, freedom of religion is an individual right - it is the crystal clear intent of the "Bill of Rights" to give the people the means to limit government control. If Madison had meant that armies can have guns, he would have said that. To look right at a statement in the Constitution that the right of the people to own and carry arms may not be limited, and then throw people in jail for owing a gun is an absolutely unacceptable assault on the Constitution.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:29 am
It's nothing to do with self-defence, is it really, David?

You seem to have an infinite capacity for self-delusion.

Smile
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 09:21 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.", Proposal for a Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed. 1950)

I have never owned a gun and I most likely never will. However, I believe in defending every single word of the Constitution, and that includes parts that I don't agree with. Obey it or amend it.

Any public official who supports a law which clearly violates the Constitution should be voted out of office as rapidly as possible. Enemies of the Constitution have no role in our government. Freedom of speech is an individual right, freedom of religion is an individual right - it is the crystal clear intent of the "Bill of Rights" to give the people the means to limit government control. If Madison had meant that armies can have guns, he would have said that. To look right at a statement in the Constitution that the right of the people to own and carry arms may not be limited, and then throw people in jail for owing a gun is an absolutely unacceptable assault on the Constitution.

Your post is interesting. First, it ain't so crystal clear that A2 gives all people an unfettered right to bear arms. In fact, former chief justice of the Supreme Court Burger said in an opinion, in effect, that such an interpretation is laughable. Second, the framers would not have referred to a militia in A2 were such a reference meaningless. Third, keep in mind that A2 does not deny arms to anyone. However, it does not preclude regulation, except with respect to a militia.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 10:59 am
McTag wrote:

Smile

McTag - with respect, there's only 2 possibilities: offense and defense. If our intent in keeping guns were offense, we would surely had attacked a few people by now! It follows logically that defense is the only possibility.

Advocate - I politely told you earlier to take a hike: you clearly have lost it completely, suggesting that the women here (me, for instance) should trade in our guns for.... other women?! Call ex-governor Spitzer's office, they may be able to assist you with that fantasy - but please take that hike first Smile
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:28 am
Advocate wrote:
In fact, former chief justice of the Supreme Court Burger said in an opinion, in effect, that such an interpretation is laughable.

First of all, you are attempting to confuse "opinion" here between a USSC Opinion (which would carry the weight of law) with his personal opinion, which is where that actually came from. It was never stated in any USSC documents but instead, in Parade Magazine.

Of course, in that same article he also said "Nor does anyone seriously question that the Constitution protects the right of hunters to own and keep sporting guns for hunting game any more than anyone would challenge the right to own and keep fishing rods and other equipment for fishing -- or to own automobiles."

So which is it? Does 2nd Amendment protects an individual's right to own fiearms or is there some special wording that is invisible to all but Burger that limits that right to firearms used for hunting? Is that why the 2nd Amendment mentions a need for a well regulated militia? Is it usupposed to be a well regulated militia of hunters?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 12:11 pm
High Seas wrote:
McTag wrote:

Smile

McTag - with respect, there's only 2 possibilities: offense and defense. If our intent in keeping guns were offense, we would surely had attacked a few people by now! It follows logically that defense is the only possibility.

Advocate - I politely told you earlier to take a hike: you clearly have lost it completely, suggesting that the women here (me, for instance) should trade in our guns for.... other women?! Call ex-governor Spitzer's office, they may be able to assist you with that fantasy - but please take that hike first Smile

I suggest you take a hike to clear your tiny brain. Regarding the "woman" comment, I was addressing the men who were salivating over certain weapons, not you. BTW, I will be heading out soon to hit some tennis balls. I may even put your name on one.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 12:13 pm
Quite apart from everything else, the average American gun-owner is more reliable than our "regulated" military services, if this story is at all typical:

Quote:
The U.S. Air Force mistakenly shipped fuses that are used in nuclear weapons to Taiwan in 2006, believing the crates contained helicopter batteries, officials at the Pentagon announced this morning.
.........the government of Taiwan acted "very responsibly," quickly notifying the United States that the four boxes it received in fall 2006 did not appear to contain what had been ordered. However,....., more than a year passed before the United States realized what had been shipped and moved to get the fuses back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/25/AR2008032501309.html
0 Replies