Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:21 am
@edgarblythe,
Neither am I, Ed. I don't let that stop me. Wink

Have a great weekend. Ima smoke a salmon... (OK a small part of one)
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 04:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Do you roll 'em or put 'em in a pipe?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

My thoughts change each day on how I like or don't like the new a2k. I know I will stay with it, because I love this rag tag band of computer gypsies, no matter what we must go through. I do know that some of my threads that even I have trouble finding get responses when I post to them, whether in the form of replies, views, or thumbs up/down votes.

Yes, I feel somewhat similar to you. I like it here, but somewhat disappointed my new thread isn't getting a few replies. I don't think it's horrible (is it?) I'm not sure if I'll start any new threads though. I might just reply to other folks, for the time being - unsure on this.

It's been a zoo at the store I work at today (opening day). Folks just went nuts buying stuff, and it's not even Christmas! I did some cashier duty and got my feet wet. I did have someone looking over my shoulder though. As a result, I'm feeling a lot more confident. I'm bushed mentally though.

Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:17 pm
@Reyn,
Mr. Reyn (I say rain, but think I been told it's wren)

My phrasing before was inadequately noninclusive where it was meant to be dualistic.

Please excuse my bad linguistics, and take a bow. I will dig up some threads tomorrow before I go attend the Little Arkansas river tropical guppy fest on the morrow...
Reyn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

Morning gents. Call me silly, but I watch both of your threds, and will dig a few out after I get back later.

Hey, thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate feedback. Don't be shy about posting in the Reyn's Stories thread. That way, I know I'm not talking to myself. It's nice to know what folks find funny, and what they don't. I can adjust my stuff (if you know what I mean Wink ) to suit tastes.

It takes me a fair while to get the right material together for the right "effect", and I do it when I have time (which seems to be in somewhat sort supply from time to time).

I changed my format from posting in H.I. to an "all in one thread", because I've changed my slant. I'm going more for entertainment than trying to present factual stuff. I think it's more fun that way, and gives folks a lift from their busy lives for a few laughs. A change from some of the ultra-serious stuff posted elsewhere on A2K.

I have fun doing it, but I'm more productive if I know I have an ongoing audience.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:23 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

Mr. Reyn (I say rain, but think I been told it's wren)

Yes, "wren"....and thanks!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 09:58 pm
@Reyn,
Checking in and bumping up:
1- Post 1 for Edgar

2- Post 2 for RH
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:18 pm
So, where is everybody on this thread these days? Sheesh, it's like a ghost town here?

Here Edgar, you like I post my "lying sack of sh*t" stories here? Maybe we'd get a few yuks. At least 2 or 3 people? Nobody's even looking at my other thread.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:03 am
@Reyn,
reyn, this is the Anything Thread. It was my original intent to have it cover any topic folks felt like bringing up. It is not entirely my fault the replies have all centered on work, retirement and the like. But, I have not really introduced anything different, so, I guess it really IS my fault. My suggestion is to post here, there, and everywhere. Take BBB's example and post like a crazy man. Not every thread's a winner. Heck, I have waited for years for even one response to many of my own threads. I think you misunderestimate the interest members take in you and your posts.
Reyn

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 08:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I think you misunderestimate the interest members take in you and your posts.

Hmm, maybe, but like yourself, I have experimented as well.

Anyways, in the meantime, I received this gem today via email. I'm going to entitle it:

-------------------------------------------------

I am writing from my sick bed in a CHINESE HOSPITAL

Dearest Friend, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND GET BACK TO ME.

I crave your indulgence at this mail coming from somebody you have not know before. I decided to do this after praying over the situation. You should please consider the transaction on its content and not the fact that you have not known me before. I need not dwell on how I came by your contact information because there are many such possibilities these days.

I would like to introduce myself as Mrs.Rose Mary Collins, of Republic of Benin, widow to Late Mr.Sheik Collins (for Consular of the Benin embassy in Madrid,Spain.I have been recently been diagnosed of Cancer of the Pelvic. I am writing from my sick bed in a CHINESE HOSPITAL here in Benin Republic.

My husband deposited the sum of US$18.5Million cash, with a Bank, in United Kingdom of which I am the next of kin. With my health condition and because my husband and I have no children, I am looking for a credible person to whom I will pass the right of next of kin. This person will apply to the Bank and request, from them, the procedure towards retrieving the fund from them.

This is on the condition that you will take 25% of the fund for yourself, 5% used for expenses, while you will use the remaining 70% for viable Investment opportunities in your Country. This is in fulfillment of the last request of my husband: that a substantial part of the fund be used to carter for the less privileged.

If this condition is acceptable to you, you should contact me immediately with your full names and contact information so that I will send you all the documents that the bank gave to my husband when the consignment was deposited. So that you will contact the bank directly, and demand from them the procedure towards retrieving the Fund from their bank.

I cannot predict what will be my fate by the time you will receive the fund, but you should please ensure that the fund is used as i have described above, I look forward to hear your response.

Best Regards
Mrs. Rose Mary Collins

---------------------------------------------------------

This poor woman! Of course I'm immediately going to correspond with her and help any way I can! Would you care to pitch in as well? Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:17 pm
@Reyn,
That's a selfless woman, reyn. Didn't want a cut for herself. When you receive the cash, I hope you can remember who your friends are. Bless you, my friend.
Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:07 am
@edgarblythe,
this was sitting in my inbox thisavo..... Shocked
Greeting From Sandrine Nzi
[Chat now] "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
[Chat now] "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
AddSaturday, September 6, 2008 6:16:14 PM
To:[email protected]

From Sandrine Nzi
Abidjan, Ivory Coast

My Dear one,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your name and contact from the Ivoirian chamber of commerce. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to its esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person that I can do business with and by the recommendation , I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business .

I am Sandrine Nzi the only daughter of late Mr. and Mrs.Joseph Nzi. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan , the economic capital of Ivory coast, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip .
My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on october 2005 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Ten million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD ($10,500,000.00) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan ,that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He
also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business ssociates.
That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate management or hotel management .

Dear, I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:
(1) To provide a bank account into which this money would be transferred to .
(2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 22years.
(3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, Dear, i am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas.
Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within three (3) days you signify
interest to assist me. Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Thanks and God bless.
Best regards,
Sandrine Nzi
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:21 am
@Izzie,
Why can't I be so lucky? You and reyn must be the two luckiest people on the planet. My plea - Share the wealth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIMi7fBA6e4
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:27 am
@Izzie,
I get 10 of these every day. There's a lot of rich people in the world who apprently have no close trusted friends.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:56 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
But reyn and izzie are the only ones I know to have benefitted from it. Long live free enterprise.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:26 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I get 10 of these every day. There's a lot of rich people in the world who apprently have no close trusted friends.

.... and who also wish to have my bank account number!

Quote:
(1) To provide a bank account into which this money would be transferred to .

Bless them!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 04:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

That's a selfless woman, reyn. Didn't want a cut for herself. When you receive the cash, I hope you can remember who your friends are. Bless you, my friend.

[...]

Why can't I be so lucky? You and reyn must be the two luckiest people on the planet. My plea - Share the wealth.

Yes, selfless, indeed! Naturally I would send you a few sheckles should I get part of the $18.5 million. Wink I do feel blessed that this person only chose me out of all the billions of folks on this planet! Can you imagine the odds? Shocked

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

10 every day? You must be fabulously wealthy indeed! It's nice of you to rub shoulders with us poor folks down here. Wink

Izzie, that's a good letter as well! Thanks for posting it.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 04:41 pm
@Reyn,
I cleaned out my e-mail at work the other day only to find out that I had won the British Lottery 7 different times, without even entering once...

Damn I'm lucky
Reyn

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I cleaned out my e-mail at work the other day only to find out that I had won the British Lottery 7 different times, without even entering once...

Damn I'm lucky

7 times? You and BP Bear should get together! I'm amazed that you didn't even need to enter to win!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:46 pm
@Rockhead,
I got a collect call from the city jail. Before the caller came on the line, a recorded message warned that the call might be a scam and don't let the caller talk you into dialing *69. Well, he said there was someone hurt and in city jail upstairs; would I dial *69 to verify if it is somebody I know? I made him repeat it. "THank you," I said as I hung up. The fellow called me three more times before concluding I was not going t o pick up the reciver a second time. People who do the *69 thing are then charged for long, long distance calls.