edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 04:47 am
@Rockhead,
I once drank coffee by the quart. Now, half a cup, twice a day will do.
Goooooooood morning!! It's 5:46. Where is everyone????
Endymion

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
hello edgar
nice spot
good t'see you already here
- and with coffee brewing!
i only just swum ashore
where the hell is the bar?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:26 pm
@Endymion,
Hi, endy. Come on in. The water's fine. I'vbe read your comments in a few other threads already.
Endymion

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 04:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
How are you doing, edgar?

The new site looks pretty cool - but I miss the forum set up, somehow
Find myself wandering a bit

You writing?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:24 pm
@Endymion,
Aside from some dismal song lyrics, I am at work on an autobiographical novel, plus a short story.

I am still adjusting to the sight, but it is starting to get a bit easier now.
Endymion

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sounds very intriguing Edgar
Your autobiographical work has always been popular, so let the song lyrics wait their turn, eh?

But a short story? Oh boy - don't let me keep you here yapping
I love a short story
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:46 pm
Hey, Edgar. Just checking in. I've had today and yesterday off, but it's been somewhat hectic taking care of stuff to do with my daughter's move this coming Saturday. Lots of last minute items to iron out.

I'm back to work tomorrow. We've now been told at the store that I work that opening day will be on Aug 30th. Still scratching my head on that one, as there seems so much still to do.

I think the manager there is grooming me for bigger things though, as he's let it slip that he may be placing me in charge of re-ordering stock. Sounds interesting to me. Hopefully, that will come with a small pay hike. Wink

If you've got time, check out my latest story. I'm hoping others find it as funny as I do. Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:59 pm
@Reyn,
You will own the whole damn store before you know it, reyn.
Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 09:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Laughing Well, not sure I want the responsibility for that, but I am intrigued as to what all may be in store (pun intended).

G'night there!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hello, just dropping in to see how you're doing.

The last few days here almost feel like fall here. Summer seems to have said adios for now. I'm okay with that.

Our store is still opening on Saturday, so it will be interesting to see how busy it'll be.

How's work at work, and at home? Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:15 pm
@Reyn,
Had an unexpected rain with wind yesterday. It knocked a big crepe myrtle to a forty five degree angle. We had to stand it up and tie it to an iron stake. The stake will be permanent, unless management decides to replace the tree.

It was a long dry summer, until a few weeks ago Now, we get a little too much rain. It usually happens that way every year.
Reyn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Had an unexpected rain with wind yesterday. It knocked a big crepe myrtle to a forty five degree angle.

Nothing like change, eh? Laughing

By the way, what's a myrtle?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:48 pm
@Reyn,
crepe myrtle is a flowering tree. I may be spelling it wrong. They stay in bloom all summer long.
Reyn

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 09:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Tomorrow is the big day! Hoping it all goes well at work.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 09:53 pm
@Reyn,
Saturday? Shouldn't you be home, mowing grass and barbecuing?
Reyn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:22 am
@edgarblythe,
hehe, In the world of retail, Edgar, there is no such thing as Sat and Sun off, for the most part. Although this Sun I am off to help with my daughter's move.

As far as bbq goes, hate it. Hate the smoke. No lawn. Live in a townhouse with a postage-sized backyard with no lawn, so it's good. Laughing

By the way, I was wondering if your impressions have changed at all with this new version of A2K? I'm still thinking (with my new thread) that for the most part it's a waste of time and effort to start new threads, as nobody (other than yourself) seems to care or can be bothered, or can seem to find it.

What do you think?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:57 am
@Reyn,
My thoughts change each day on how I like or don't like the new a2k. I know I will stay with it, because I love this rag tag band of computer gypsies, no matter what we must go through. I do know that some of my threads that even I have trouble finding get responses when I post to them, whether in the form of replies, views, or thumbs up/down votes.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:00 am
@edgarblythe,
I bought a barbecue grill several years ago. I think I may have used it two times. Right now, it's in storage. I may get it out if I lose electric this next week or two.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Morning gents. Call me silly, but I watch both of your threds, and will dig a few out after I get back later.

(Now I feel like shixsa, as I use my smoker grill more than my oven...)
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:17 am
@Rockhead,
And I watch both of your threads. I open them up much more often than actually post. Heck, I ain't bright enough to always have the right response just then.