edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:40 pm
I do like this woman. I just wish she could reach a happy medium in the operation of her a/c - heater.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 06:39 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
[...] I just wish she could reach a happy medium [...]

I fear you may be waiting an eternity. There's no such thing as a joyful psychic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:59 pm
Have you tried slipping her a twenty?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 05:15 pm
It sure is a quiet, uneventful weekend.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 06:24 pm
It's bloody cold here today, and last few days. Mad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 06:56 pm
It's fifty degrees here, and been raining about twelve hours straight.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 06:36 pm
Just found this out: My wife's sister will soon become great grandmother. Holy mack'l dere.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 08:47 pm
Oooh, that sounds serious! Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 08:52 pm
Reyn wrote:
Oooh, that sounds serious! Laughing

The condition is irreversable.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 08:57 pm
Her ears were put on backwards? Is every sound an echo?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 09:00 pm
Bats think so (about the sound). Her ears are hidden beneath a mop of gray hair.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 07:41 am
The generations roll on....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:45 pm
I saw my co worker's baby for the first time. Fine looking boy. He's up to six pounds. My son was about that, when he was born. Tha baby should do well now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:44 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
A resident of the apartments has been driving me nuts for about three or four months. She claims her thermostat has to remain set on seventy six degrees, and maintain same, within a degree. Well, I've given her four or five new mercury thermostsats, plus three digital ones. I've made sure her coils are clean and that she has good air flow. Last month, I gave her a new condensor.

Sometimes, when I break off from a busy day to assist her, she will rush ahead of me and turn the a/c off. "I'm freezing," she explains. Often, when she does this, the thermometer will read 76 degrees, her target temperature. This morning, for a slight variation, the complaint was the heater, which is part of the a/c system, and is electric. So, I climbed out of bed, made a quick cup of coffee to drink on the way, and rushed over there. She said, "I was sweating all night long. That heater runs and runs, and won't get the right temperature."

I checked the thermometer. 74 degrees. The thermostat set on 76, but turned off. I turned it on and set the thermostat for 74 degrees. The heater turned itself off. I reset it for 76 degrees. Once on the 76 degree reading, the unit dutifully turned off.

I explained this to her. She accepted my words as correct, but, I know, only until the next episode.

After I went back home, I thought about this: Her bedroom is small. The air vent most likely blows directly on her at night. If I put a deflector on the vent, that might solve the winter night time problem. Trouble is, the weather veers sharply from very warm to pretty darned cold, all winter and much of spring. In the event I install said deflector, I will most likely be putting it up and down, perhaps three or four times per week. Still, it seems worth pursuing, at least until we see if she benefits from it.

She's off for several days, by plane. Think I shall approach her, when she gets home.

This woman died. Her children came to the office to get a key to her apartment. Without considering the consequences, the assistant manager gave it to them. She was fired immediately. Tough day here, folks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 05:51 pm
Red tape and pink slips for the Holiday Season.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:33 am
I would hate losing my job in the holiday season, particularly if I were a single parent, as is she.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:33 am
Today my grandson would have turned two. I miss him still and think of him every day. He was only 4 months old. How is it possible that such a little gaffer can have such a powerful effect? Living through the deaths of loved ones has got to be the hardest thing a person can be faced with.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/DSCF2540.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:42 am
I am sorry, mame. There is no consolation that can take away the pain over such a loss.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:56 am
No, there isn't, but commiseration is nice.

Thank you.

And sorry about that woman in the apartment. One of our neighbours died suddenly at 49 from a brain aneurism and it was devastating. And very surprising to feel such a loss for him.

All the best to you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 10:02 am
My granddaughter died of SIDS right at Christmas. I empathize mame.
0 Replies