Reyn

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Well, he said there was someone hurt and in city jail upstairs; would I dial *69 to verify if it is somebody I know?

Laughing Laughing Laughing This is hilarious! Where do these twits come up with these hair-brained schemes?

What's the chances of picking somebody's name out of a phone book and they would know such and such in the city jail?

Laughing I don't think I would admit to knowing anybody in a city jail!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:31 pm
@Reyn,
The caller told me that the person named me as either a friend or relative, and that he was injured in a car accident. I assume he meant to imply the person had been taken to jail because his part in the accident had been something illegal, such as drunkenness or running a red light. I neglected to report the entire conversation. Sad to say I do know a few persons that it could ft.
Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:56 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The caller told me that the person named me as either a friend or relative, and that he was injured in a car accident.

Oh, I see now. It's still a really dumb scam, isn't it? These characters that come up with this crap should get a real job.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:30 pm
@Reyn,
I saw a story on this on TV. The ones doing it are prisoners in the county jail. They don't need no jobs, yet. They need to be better supervisd.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:23 pm
Well, I done a bit of damage to myself today. Working at replacing window blinds in an occupied apartment. Istood on a step ladder to reach over the kitchen sink, using a battery drill to take loose the old bracket. Step ladder moved, my hand went through the glass. Two wounds, requiring 6 and 5 stitches. The office went nuts. Had to get a drug test, plus sign an agreement that I will work only indoors, being careful of my hand. But, I do get to return to work tomorrow. And, I am okay.
Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heavens, I'm glad to hear you're fine! That could have been really nasty.

Take care.....
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:34 pm
@Reyn,
Old maintenance guys never die. They move to Texas.
Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
Laughing Where do young maintenance men start out? Razz

It wouldn't happen to be Spokane, Washington, would it?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:56 pm
@Reyn,
Young maintenance men are failed carpenters, plumbers, remodelers, electricians.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Or mechanics with sensibilities...

Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:12 pm
@Rockhead,
Ah, yes - The mechanics.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 05:51 am
When I report fror work this morning, I will be obliged to sign a statement restricting my activities to an extent that makes me want to stay home all week - if I could afford to. Plus, I start a half hour late.

In fact, the cut on my hand is not that severe. Only reason I went to the doc, it was long enough it would not easily close on its own.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
The job went relatively well today. One of the residents gave us chocolate dipped strawberries, which made me love her. I helped the new lead man rewire some ceiling fans (moved them from wiremold to inside the walls).
Izzie

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey Edgar... how is your hand now?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:25 pm
@Izzie,
It is tender, but not painful. They took about six X-rays to be sure no glass got inside of it. The only (slight) problem, I have to use the other hand more than normal when driving.
Izzie

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hope you have it dressed so you can keep it clean hun - do you need to have the stitches out or are they butterflies to keep it closed?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:33 pm
@Izzie,
The stitches will have to be removed by the doc on Monday or Tuesday. So far, I have done remarkably well at keeping the hand dry and clean. Biggest problem, it is the hand the dog is used to getting petted by. She doesn't understandwhy I keep it away now.
Izzie

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh gosh yes.... no dog licks on the wound.... no no no....nasty nasty bacteria!!!!!

I hope you heal soon Edgar and can keep the wound dry and clean... hopefully Ike will steer clear too and you won't have to deal with anything going horribly nasty, where should you need to, you can't use your hands. Please do take care tho..... dawg can have extra TLC when your hand's all better a?

Hugs to you x and a few tummy ruffles for the dog. x
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 05:09 pm
@Izzie,
Thanks, izzie. We shall survive.
Reyn

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:59 am
@edgarblythe,
I've got a 'coud' and feeling real rough right about now. Work yesterday was tough to get through. I've got some stuff so help with some of the symptoms. I'm trying hard to stay at work, because I'm one of 3 people that will be up for a couple of assistent manager jobs.

Hope your hand is better, Edgar.