New site '**** My Kids Ruined'

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 02:33 pm
If you haven't been to the site **** My Kids Ruined, then you're in for a treat. The subject matter is pretty self-explanatory. It's also hilarious, as countless parents have uploaded proof of their kid's destruction. As the site states, it's "the strongest visual birth control on the market today."
http://shitmykidsruined.com/

boomerang

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 09:26 pm
Ha! Very funny.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 09:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hah! That took me back a few decades. Mine didn't really do much damage, but they sure made messes.

Now, I especially like seeing babies in grocery stores with their moms. Also, what a relief not to arrive at the checkout stand only to find 13 items I didn't put in the carriage.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 09:46 pm
That's a funny site.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 06:50 am
Oh my god this is hilarious!

Thank you...I needed this.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 07:56 am
A couple of those (the battery cover being taken off the remote, and keys being pulled of a laptop keyboard) looked exactly like pictures I could have taken.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 08:47 pm
Sooo funnnnnny! Thanks Edgarblyth

When my two boys were in 2nd and 4th grades a neighbor who lived next to the bus stop where these two monkeys were waiting for the bus called me to report:
My two boys were shooting small pebbels through white tubes that resembled (were, actually) tampax tubes.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 09:48 pm
I guess this is a parent thing.

I absolutely know I never did anything like most of that stuff.
funny?
not so much.
Mame

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 10:19 pm
@chai2,
Neither did we... or my kids. There would have been HELL to pay the first time out, let me tell you.
dadpad

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:43 am
You never have nice things when you have kids.
Francis

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:49 am
@dadpad,
Geezz!!

What are you talking about?
dadpad

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:52 am
@Francis,
Furniture mainly Francis. Like a nice leather lounge suite.
Francis

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 04:05 am
@dadpad,
You need to discipline your kids, then..
dadpad

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 04:38 am
@Francis,
At currently 21 and 19 I'm afraid that would not be very effective Francis.

For younger children it is usually the damage that come first.
"Dont play with mummy's lipstick/marker pen/any other destructive thing you can think of" is an open invitation.

"I wasn't playing! i was doing you a picture."
On the bedspread/wall/lounge suite????!!!!!!

Plus anticipating every single thing that a child can do damage with is nigh on impossible. Witness the neat row of circles on my dahsboard made by a child with a car ciggarette lighter.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 06:35 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:
"I wasn't playing! i was doing you a picture."
On the bedspread/wall/lounge suite????!!!!!!

Followed by...

<Sniff> "You don't like my picture!"
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 06:45 am
@chai2,
Well...I have three broken windows...one for each one of my boys. Balls and boys and windows...well - it's bound to happen.

The dad with the vomit all over him just about did me in though.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:26 am
Yeah Chai, you do have to be a parent to get this. Some of them are a little disturbing, because I wonder how long the kids were left alone. But others, well, it literally happens in minutes (or even seconds).

Say you have to pee. You leave your toddler alone in the living room watching Spongebob. You come back and there she is, drawing on the white sofa with the lipstick out of your purse. Kids are ridiculously fast. And they have memories like elephants. She probably saw you put that lipstick in there a week ago and remembered (even if you forgot) that it was in there.

Last night, for example, I was getting ready to cook some eggs for dinner. Adriana likes to stand on a chair and watch me prepare food. I had the eggs out on the counter and before I could even try to stop her, she'd picked up the carton and eggs all over. It wasn't that I wasn't watching her or that she has bad manners. She's a little kid and is curious about cause and effect. That and she wanted to help.

0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:29 am
@Francis,
It's not like that Francis. It's that kids are naturally curious about cause and effect. If I dump this oil all over the chair, what will it do? Or if I cover myself in my diaper cream, what will it do?

Kids can be really sneaky. Put them down for a nap. You check and there they are sleeping like little angels. 15 minutes later you hear a russling from the bedroom and you go up to find every baby wipe on the floor, butt cream on the walls, the floor, your kid and one of her babies completely covered in butt cream and a diaper 14 sizes too big. It's just the nature of kids to explore.

And despite what people think, unless you lock everything up, your kids will find something to get into.
chai2

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 11:13 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Neither did we... or my kids. There would have been HELL to pay the first time out, let me tell you.

Seriously here....

I never played with my mothers lipstick, or drew on the walls with anything.
Nor did I ever take a cigarette lighter out of its holder, let alone burn the dashboard. I certainly never painted an animal with magic marker or nail polish.

I had a couple of older (4 years and 6 years) brothers, and a sister 5 years younger. None of them did any of this stuff either.
My younger sister, especially I would have remembered. She never covered herself in flour or smeared food all over herself. Never put her shoes in the toilet or wrote on the walls either. Nothing like that at all
The only time I remember a window getting broken was one time when my dad accidently broke a pane while moving something heavy through the door. I don't remember thinking that was funny. It was just a broken piece of glass he had to replace.

I'm around my neighbors kids a lot, and they've never done that. I'm sure I would have heard of it, or been there when it happened. I also have nieces, and would have seen that also.
Sorry, they never got that messed up either.

It's not so much the fact that children sometimes do humourous things that I don't find that funny.
It's just that...I don't know, I just don't get what is so funny about anyone smeared in gunk, or breaking stuff, etc.

When shewolf posted how she put "santa's" handprints on the mantle, and how Bean reacted, that was funny.

Just a picture of someone all messed up, or with broken dishes or tore up items.
meh.
just not funny.

Of the maybe 3 or 4 pages I looked at (got really bored at that point), a lot of them seemed staged anyway.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 11:16 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Kids can be really sneaky. Put them down for a nap. You check and there they are sleeping like little angels. 15 minutes later you hear a russling from the bedroom and you go up to find every baby wipe on the floor, butt cream on the walls, the floor, your kid and one of her babies completely covered in butt cream and a diaper 14 sizes too big. It's just the nature of kids to explore.

My sister never did that.