Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:
JTT seeks glory
By nipping at Lion's heels
Go bugger yourself!

Better. Following tradition, you've put a break between the second and third line. That's partly why the third line is effective. However, note that the first and second run together.

True

A better version

JTT seeks glory
The Lion notices the tick
Go bugger yourself!

I'm going to modify an old and famous haiku using your elements.

Old lion
JTT jumps in
Buggery!

What do you think?

I think you violated the syllabic rules, but I like it.

Thank you. It's not often I get the opportunity to have JTT sodomize a Texan.

Let's do this again sometime.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:09 pm
blatham wrote:

sodomize:
verb: practice anal sex upon
verb: copulate with an animal

You likely meant the latter, but either way, not even with a ten foot pole. I wouldn't shake his hand without a hazmat suit.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:47 pm
JTT wrote:
blatham wrote:

sodomize:

You likely meant the latter, but either way, not even with a ten foot pole. I wouldn't shake his hand without a hazmat suit.

In the haiku, you are both animals. But of course, what other options are there?

I haven't met finn yet but when the time comes, I'll have not the slightest problem shaking his hand. We disagree often and he's a dick often but so are you and I.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:01 pm
blatham wrote:
JTT wrote:
blatham wrote:

sodomize:

In the haiku, you are both animals. But of course, what other options are there?

I haven't met finn yet but when the time comes, I'll have not the slightest problem shaking his hand. We disagree often and he's a dick often but so are you and I.

And I would be happy to shake your hand blatham. You're too tough on yourself though, you are only a lit bit of a dick.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:05 pm
JTT wrote:
Old lion
Toothless finn
Just lies
Lies
Lies

Ever see Plan 9 From Outer Space? Your yottsuiko puts me in mind of the film.

At least we agree I am leonine.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 06:02 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Lola wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Lola wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
Bush supporters remain clueless as to the depth of the resentment his administration has generated around the world.

Ask anyone outside the USA.

Joe(Guantanamo)Nation

Not really, we just don't care.

Sour grapes?

It's clear Bush and his supporters don't care about much, least of all their reputations.

Hardly. I don't measure the effectiveness of our president by the extent or nature of his appeal to citizens of other nations. Afterall Europeans loved Clinton, and no doubt they would have loved Kerry too.

It shouldn't take a genius to realize that the perfectly valid self-interests of foreigners will dictate the extent of their regard for an American President and not their perception of how well he has protected and advanced the interests of America.

"Friends of Lola remain clueless as to the depth of disregard her posts have generated among A2K conservatives. Just ask anyone outside of her clique."

I suspect you don't care --- sour grapes?

Ooooouu. So defensive. But I'm not clueless. Seems I've hit my mark rather well. Can I have a bite too?

So responding to your insults is considered overly defensive? Interesting. A few people on A2K have gotten under my skin enough to cause me to stupidly overreact. You, Lola, are not one. You're more than welcome to bite me though.

Will do.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 06:03 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
JTT wrote:
blatham wrote:

sodomize:

And I would be happy to shake your hand blatham. You're too tough on yourself though, you are only a lit bit of a dick.

NOT
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 06:08 pm
Lexington Steele might not agree with that.

I'm speaking up for him as I know he's a bit busy.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 12:54 am
spendius wrote:
Lexington Steele might not agree with that.

I'm speaking up for him as I know he's a bit busy.

How would Mr. Stelle know, Mr. Spendi?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:13 am
Guinness Book of Records.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:14 pm
Lola wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
JTT wrote:
blatham wrote:

sodomize:

NOT

I stand corrected blatham - you are a very big dick indeed.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:16 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Lola wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
JTT wrote:
blatham wrote:

sodomize:

NOT

There you have it, in all senses of the word.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:25 pm
Lola wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Lola wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
JTT wrote:
blatham wrote:

sodomize:

NOT

There you have it, in all senses of the word.

Very Happy
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 02:21 pm
Just to close out this tread, this is just in on the usbf website

JOINT STATEMENT BY THE USBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND THE PLAYERS OF THE 2007 VENICE CUP-WINNING TEAM
The United States Bridge Federation (USBF) and the players on the US Venice Cup world championship bridge team are pleased to mutually announce that we have resolved all issues relating to events that occurred at the closing ceremony of the 2007 World Bridge Championship in Shanghai. We all believe that it is in the best interests of bridge to put this behind us so that we can focus on playing the game we love.

The USBF Board has dismissed all charges against the players on the Venice Cup team.

The players of the USA1 Venice Cup Championship team recognize that it is a legitimate request of the USBF, when sending teams to represent the United States, that all players refrain from using the stage for the Medal Ceremonies as a platform for anything other than receiving their medals.

For the future the USBF will make certain that the Guidelines are clearer as to what is expected.

We all look forward to resuming our mutual enjoyment of bridge and to working together to promote the game.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 03:45 pm
engineer wrote:
Just to close out this tread, this is just in on the usbf website

JOINT STATEMENT BY THE USBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND THE PLAYERS OF THE 2007 VENICE CUP-WINNING TEAM
The United States Bridge Federation (USBF) and the players on the US Venice Cup world championship bridge team are pleased to mutually announce that we have resolved all issues relating to events that occurred at the closing ceremony of the 2007 World Bridge Championship in Shanghai. We all believe that it is in the best interests of bridge to put this behind us so that we can focus on playing the game we love.

The USBF Board has dismissed all charges against the players on the Venice Cup team.

The players of the USA1 Venice Cup Championship team recognize that it is a legitimate request of the USBF, when sending teams to represent the United States, that all players refrain from using the stage for the Medal Ceremonies as a platform for anything other than receiving their medals.

For the future the USBF will make certain that the Guidelines are clearer as to what is expected.

We all look forward to resuming our mutual enjoyment of bridge and to working together to promote the game.

Well that's good news.........so rare these days.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 06:55 pm
Thanks engineer for catching that news. I was looking for it and didn't see anything.

I guess the schoolmarms-in-charge (You will tell us whose idea it was and you will stay after school and you will write one hundred time... .) were told to pipe down.

What a remarkably unAmerican event this whole thing would have been ten years ago (and does anyone think if a bridge player had held up a sign in 1997 saying "I didn't vote for Willie." anything like this would have occurred? No. I didn't think so.) but now we are a different America to ourselves and to the world.

Who would have ever thought the words "secret prisons, rendition, torture, and domestic spying on citizens" would apply, not to some far away despot's realm, but to the land of the free, the home of the brave? What a disaster for democracy.

So, we shouldn't be surprised when the authoritarians try to cow a few bridge players into shamefilled silence, we should be ashamed if we remain silent and saddened for our country, but we should no longer be surprised.

Joe(keep watching, they are not done yet.)Nation
0 Replies