0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:06 am
Now for the footy season. Go the Eels.
0 Replies

Tigershark

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:32 am
New Black Cap superstar..

19yo Tim Southee. Just played his first test v. England. Took 5/55 in the first innings and then smashed the NZ record for the fastest 50 in tests. 77 n.o. including 9 sixes.

Bowls like Glenn McGrath. He's good, this boy Cool
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:52 am
Don't get carried away Tigershark, wait until he meet the Aussie superstars, then we'll see if he's got what it takes. Can't measure him against the Poms, they are just pretenders. Laughing
0 Replies

Tigershark

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 02:03 am
Well, I reckon he will measure up. 19yo and already bowls like McGrath and can smack 9 sixes off 40 balls against a World class bowling attack.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 05:35 am
Southee sideswipes England's jalopy

Andrew Miller in Napier
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/343463.html

Can he bowl underarm?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 07:52 pm
Dutchy wrote:
Don't get carried away Tigershark, wait until he meet the Aussie superstars, then we'll see if he's got what it takes. Can't measure him against the Poms, they are just pretenders. Laughing

Didn't the Poms manage to beat New Zilland yesterday (or recently). The quizmaster at last night's trivia, a Kiwi, was a bit down in the mouth about it!

We heaped it on him, of course. That's what he's there for.

On the other hand, 2 of our team members come from Christchurch, and the Waratahs loitered without intent in front of try line and goal posts there last Friday!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 11:56 pm
Anybody been watching the 20/20? I get to see a lot of when working night shift. Cricket's been pretty good.
0 Replies

Tigershark

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 02:19 am
Yeah, all a bit hyped, though.

I'm looking forward to the 5 day action from Lord's tomorrow night.

..or is that 3 day? Embarrassed
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 09:13 pm
Wilso wrote:
Anybody been watching the 20/20? I get to see a lot of when working night shift. Cricket's been pretty good.

Watched bits of Jayasuriya single-handedly taking apart the Chennai Super Kings during the night.

Sachin who???

Funny thing, insomnia!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:42 am
I miss the good old ODI's and the patriotic fervor that they brought. IPL and T20, though they have everyone crazy here, feel so non-serious to me. I haven't watched a single IPL match this year, and was much loathed for it.

It's like they have a T20 WC every other month!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:50 am
@spidergal,
Have you been in hibernation spidergal? Welcome back and get with it, the 20 over matches have everything, very entertaining and popular down under!
lmur

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:53 am
@Dutchy,
Cricket is a great unifying force. Later today, a new country takes the field made up of a mixture of South Africans and Irishmen. "England" I believe they're called.
spidergal

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 11:35 am
@Dutchy,
Hey Dutchy!

I'm just procrastinating on my exam preparation! I didn't know T20 is popular down under. Good to know it is. But I still miss the ODI's. Maybe over time...I'll start to enjoy the shorter format as well.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:55 pm
@lmur,
lmur wrote:

Cricket is a great unifying force. Later today, a new country takes the field made up of a mixture of South Africans and Irishmen. "England" I believe they're called.

Laughing Yes - the Poms are scouting everywhere for someone who can bat, or bowl, or field, or throw, or something.

They've got some sort of test later this year and are calling in all favours.

T20 - exciting but not satisfying!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 11:59 pm
The Ashes is knocking on the door, pee-pul!

And then the World Cup after that!

And India are number one Test side.

OMG - I'm grateful I'm alive to see all of this.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 12:04 am
G'day Spidergal

I see a bit of a challenge coming up.

The Poms have arrived, supposedly ready to play, and the Aussies seem nowhere - clobbered 3-zip by Sri Lanka. Hmmmmm!
spidergal

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 12:10 am
@margo,
I was too drowned in Premier League - wasn't aware Oz were drubbed 3-0! Holy crap!

I feel for you guys!
Dutchy

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 12:20 am
@spidergal,
We're on our way to redeem ourselves, Poms won't know what hit them. Smile
Wilso

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 02:29 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

We're on our way to redeem ourselves, Poms won't know what hit them. Smile

And what sport are we discussing here? Hope it's Rugby League, because you'd be worried about betting on the Aussie cricketers to beat Canada right now!