Should be loving it right now.
hingehead

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:25 am
@Wilso,
Yes, but I feel dirty.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 09:10 pm
Now they're talking about the Poms thinking about facing Mitchell Johnson at the W.A.C.A.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 07:28 am
Australia take the Ashes!

Well done Oz. Thoroughly deserved.

A special request though. Let us win one of the five, eh?

<sob>
margo

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 11:03 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I'm not sure that's in the plan.

I'll see what can be arranged....no promises, though!

Do you realize they don't have cricket in Switzerland? Amazing!
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 02:49 am
@margo,
You're in Switzerland now?

Anywhere near Geneve?

If you are, and you have transport, you can drive to St Genis, just across the border into France. Locate Charly's Pub, and you have found my regular drinking hole when I go and visit bruv.

Sitting there sipping your glass of Marie Brisard, you may hear an odd pinging noise from time to time.
This is due to the the fact that directly below you, a few hundred metres down, runs the CERN circular tunnel where they fire the oojamaflip particle wotsits to produce Higgs Bosun doo dahs.

I'll be imbibing there in about five days!
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 03:58 am
@Lordyaswas,
Just there.....<points>.....

Third table from the left, snow permitting.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2834/9125674241_62a60cf5da_b.jpg

Just to the left of Charly's is a restaurant...Pamukkale.
When my bro first moved there some thirty years ago nearly, that was just a small kebab shop. It proved very popular with the locals, but they could never quite pronounce the name properly, calling it 'poomuckle'.

It became a thing with our family whenever we were there, that we should go for a quick poomuckle, meaning a kebab munched with a lager outside Charly's.
Nowadays, a poomuckle means a full restaurant meal (not cheap either).

The area has become very posh over the years. From a simple village full with working dairy farms who used to herd their cows, complete with big bells, up the High Street, to a bustling silicon valley type place, with the wealthy from Geneva moving just a mile over the border into St Genis (France) and snaffling up all the old character properties.

Lovely area though.
margo

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 03:38 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Nope. Was in Gstaad today, just for a look. Bit out of my league, I'm afraid! That train trip from Montreux is fantastic!
I've been staying in Basel with friends but head to Paris tomorrow, then London, Strone in Scotland for Christmas, then briefly Exeter, London, home on NYDay. Just In time for the Sydney test.
I have friends with an apartment pretty much in the area you describe. They can walk across the border. They haven't been traveling much and I think they're planning to sell. Ratbags!
Dutchy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 10:14 pm
@margo,
Have a great trip Margo and thank you for card.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 09:44 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Australia take the Ashes!

Well done Oz. Thoroughly deserved.

A special request though. Let us win one of the five, eh?

<sob>

Last chance in Sydney!
Guess there's not much cricket news in France, though.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 10:36 pm
@margo,
Aussies won 4th Test comfortably in Melbourne today with a day and bit to spare. Now on to Sydney for a 5-0 whitewash. Smile
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:24 am
Well....managed a whitewash!

Michael Clarke obviously decided it wasn't worth agreeing to Lordy's wish!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:29 am
<sob>
hingehead

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 06:04 am
@Lordyaswas,
Pats
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 08:44 pm
T20 series produced yet another whitewash.

On the domestic scene, BBL3 has been awesome. Looking forward to the first semi tonight.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:14 am
World Cup in a few weeks, and I've got a new lounge suite coming tomorrow. The recliners are going to get a work out.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 12:47 am
Sydney can never bag Melbourne weather again. A washout on Australia Day? Puh-leeez!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:01 pm
Well Australia has regained the one day cricket world championship.

A bit sad NZ couldn't perform as well as they had so the match turned out to be a bit of fizzer compared to their last encounter (or even the NZ/SA semifinal).

I thought the difference in countenance between the beaten NZ players and last Sunday's beaten SA players was stark (not Starc Wink ). It almost seemed like NZ didn't really think they could win and were just glad to make their first final. Or maybe they just kept their feelings hidden as opposed to the grimacing and tears of the Proteas.

http://sports.ndtv.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/news/239835-icc-cricket-world-cup-final-live-cricket-score-australia-vs-new-zealand
0 Replies

nazia08

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 01:38 am
Thanks to add this information , well i realy like the australia ... waiting to watch the performances in t20 worldcup 2016
http://zimvshk.t20worldcup-2016.com/schedule
Zimbabwe vs Hong Kong T20 World Cup 2016 ICC WC Schedule
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 05:25 am
Big Bash has been awesome, but Sixers and Thunder keep losing.