wingnut jew haters, where are you?

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:36 pm
Quote:
Coulter has a long, long track record of making statements like this.

Maybe so, but I have always made it my business to avoid watching her. By being so blatantly outrageous, she is simply ensuring that she widens her claque of head nodders.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:43 pm
EmilyGreen
I could go along with your reasoning if she were an uneducated moron. Not a well read educated individual. The truth, she revealed herself as a bigoted anti-Semite.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:45 pm
We all know I'm a lame arguer on a2k. First of all, that isn't my primo interest, my primo interest is to figure out what I think, so I like to listen to the argument articulators. Once in a while I pipe up and sound like a cheerleader to a person making one point or another - which on the culture of a2k, is near disgusting or at least dismissable, virtually always ignored. I understand this, though I still do it once in a while. There's some kindness, people know I'm not data sharpest.
(And to George, I'll answer.)

On this woman, do we have polarization?

I think some repubs would be as freaked, or near as, I am.

How do those percentages break down?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:51 pm
I missed that, could you explain, au 1929?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:54 pm
I think that the only way to really get to her, and her followers, is to hold her up to ridicule, as a screwball. There is no point in becoming angry over a person whose attitudes are so way out as to be beyond the pale. To become angry would grant credence to her words.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 06:00 pm
Well, phoenix and I agree on that.

Hah, not that anyone cares - but it is one more way of conversation between all of us.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 06:05 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Emily Green It would seem is excusing or jutifyiung Coulter by stating her thinking and remarks were the fruit of the company she keeps.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 07:13 pm
au1929 wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Emily Green It would seem is excusing or justifying Coulter by stating her thinking and remarks were the fruit of the company she keeps.

I don't mean to speak for EmilyGreen, but I took her post, not as excusing Coulter, nor as justifying Coulter, but as explicating how Coulter has and can continue to be so extreme: by surrounding herself with, and peddling her tripe to like-minded extremists.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 07:19 pm
Lest I say me too, but I will, to infra.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 05:48 am
It's time they (major media) stop inviting Ann Coulter as well as James Dobson to comment on politics.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 06:50 am
InfraBlue wrote:
au1929 wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Emily Green It would seem is excusing or justifying Coulter by stating her thinking and remarks were the fruit of the company she keeps.

I don't mean to speak for EmilyGreen, but I took her post, not as excusing Coulter, nor as justifying Coulter, but as explicating how Coulter has and can continue to be so extreme: by surrounding herself with, and peddling her tripe to like-minded extremists.

InfraBlue is correct.

au1929 - If you only educate yourself in ways that support your current opinion, how well educated can you really be?? That's what I think she's done.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:00 am
There's an old "Jewish" joke that might add a little perspective to all concerned:

An American minister goes to the Holy Land (aka Israel) and visits the Wailing Wall. He's standing there watching the religious Jews praying at the wall. One very old bearded Jew catches his eye, and he realizes that the Jew is fervently praying for the past hour that he has been at the Wailing Wall. When the minister leaves the Wailing Wall, the bearded Jew is still fervently praying.

The next day the minister visits the Wailing Wall again. Sure enough the bearded Jew is there again, praying fervently. Again the bearded Jew is still praying when the minister realizes it is time to leave the Wailing Wall to go on a tour.

The third day, just before the minister is to head home to the U.S., the minister visits the Wailing Wall again. The bearded Jew is there, this time sitting on a folding chair. The minister thinks to himself that the chair was likely used, because the Jew was praying longer than usual.

The bearded Jew suddenly stops praying, stands up and folds the chair, readying himself to leave the Wailing Wall. The minister rushes over to the bearded Jew, and asks, :"Do you speak English?" The bearded Jew replies, "Yes."

The minister introduces himself, and says, "Noticing that you pray so fervently at the Wailing Wall, you are likely the right person to ask - I've always wanted to know what do the Jews think of Jesus?" The bearded Jew looks up at the minister and replies, "Jesus who?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether you found humor in this or not, there is a point. Most Jews, if they subscribe to the Jewish faith, I believe, do not find the opinions of Christians relevant to Judaism, since Judaism was Judaism before Jesus was a Rabbi. This is my opinion. Someone else can disagree with it.

Christians, in my opinion, should not torment themselves over comments, by Christians, that relate to Jews and Judaism, since Jews just go about their business of Judaism, as they did before the Common Era.

And to all a good night.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:45 am
Christians! Stop tormenting other Christians on what they say about jews and stop it right this minute!

The jews will get on just fine. Come on now, where's the harm? It's not as if they don't have bank accounts and jewelry and lots of other jews to hang with.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:46 am
finally... the voice of reason....thanks bernie
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:49 am
no, not the beatles
proof that foof and i don't disagree on everything.

it's a funny misunderstanding that john and paul wrought, and john of all should have known better. mediation between the fallen and god was never needed, because teshuvah (repentance) was and always is available to anyone. before there was baptism, there was the mikvah, and they still exist, no temple required.

the idea of dying for the sins of the multitudes (of the day) was nothing new either. akiva probably died in the same way jesus did, and there were countless before him. the spiritual power of dying for others had been ascribed to martyrs before judaism existed, let alone jesus.

ms. coulter is the latest of the more vocal pawns of the new mythology. there's nothing wrong with christianity on the whole, it's fine for christians. absolutely none of it is new, none of it is unique, and none of it is missed by jews, they already had baptism, forgiveness, all the trappings that christianity thinks it invented, minus the pagan and persian views on things like heaven and hell that were picked up along missionary journeys.

there is no new thing under the son. on the other hand, christians are rediscovering judaism and jewish traditions like the passover seder, while a group of baptists continues to pretend they are "jews for jesus." i suspect ms. coulter will be dead and gone before she finds anything remotely of god- it's pretty clear she's never read anything that jesus said. "jesus who?" indeed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:49 am
I suspect Mr. Mountie, that that will have gone right over his head--my experience of his posting is that subtlety escapes him.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for having once taken you to task for your response to that member. I have since come to realize that you were correct in your assessment of the likely origin of that member's expressed opinion.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:50 am
Foofie wrote [
Quote:
Whether you found humor in this or not, there is a point. Most Jews, if they subscribe to the Jewish faith, I believe, do not find the opinions of Christians relevant to Judaism, since Judaism was Judaism before Jesus was a Rabbi. This is my opinion. Someone else can disagree with it.
Christians, in my opinion, should not torment themselves over comments, by Christians, that relate to Jews and Judaism, since Jews just go about their business of Judaism, as they did before the Common Era.

The problem is however the comments have thru the ages have been the trigger for actions against Jews.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:54 am
Was it the God of the jews who created Ann Coulter with the vagina of a woman (maybe) the face of a horse and the adams apple of a man?

Because that sounds more like some pre jew polytheistic creation to me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:58 am
After quoting Foofie, au1929 wrote:
The problem is however the comments have thru the ages have been the trigger for actions against Jews.

You can't expect anyone who didn't immediately understand the implications of Coulter's remarks to absorb the lesson, AU, especially someone who is already dedicated to the same basic political agenda as Coulter.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:02 am
Coulter phucked up this time.

Foxman at the ADL has often found it convenient to ignore the modern american right (Fox most relevantly) because of their support for contemporary Israeli government policy and anti-Muslim rhetoric not to mention Bush administration militarism in the ME.

Her response will be, "Israel has no bigger friend than Ann Coulter and the Republican party and America". Her offensive defence will likely center around "attacks from the Muslim-loving appeasers and America-haters on the radical left who are now conspiring against free speech as pertinently represented by lovers of liberty and truth and jesus, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and herself."
0 Replies