Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:13 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,233 • Replies: 73
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:17 pm
The worst part is, Donny Douche should have known better before inviting her on the show. Honestly. It isn't as if it's a surprise that she's a horrid person. Yet she gets invited to mainstream shows with regularity.

Just another reason to discount the 'liberal media' bullshit. If there truly were a liberal media, Coulter couldn't get within a mile of a studio.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:22 pm
Relax, Dys, one will be along any minute.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:23 pm
coulter probably masturbates with a crucifix. she's not human.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:28 pm
http://www.cnbc.com/id/21263931

Article, the clip, and a discussion.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:31 pm
Anti-Defamation League condemns 'perfected' Coulter's 'anti-Semitic' remarks by Nick Juliano
Published: Friday October 12, 2007

The Anti Defamation League entered the fray over Ann Coulter's latest controversial remarks, condemning her comments about Jews' need to be "perfected" as "anti-Semitic."

"Coulter's remarks are outrageous, offensive and a throwback to the centuries old teaching of contempt for Jews and Judaism," the ADL said in a statement released Friday. "The notion that Jews are religiously inferior or imperfect because they do not accept Christian beliefs was the basis for 2,000 years of church-based anti-Semitism."
link
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:35 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I'm waiting for the wing-nuts to defend this ****
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:42 pm
This is what happens when a person (like Coulter here) only talks to other people who share her views, reads articles and books that share her views, etc... and never learns that its like inbreeding opinions... and by that I mean, you will end up strengthening all the bad opinions instead of mixing it up and understanding that yours isn't the only perspective. So then when she's asked what she thinks about something, she just sounds ridiculously extreme. Maybe she was normal in the beginning, but she has surrounded herself with too many supporters. Too many people, on both sides of the fence, to that.

I've learned so much from discussions with people who disagree with me on something, and they've learned from me. If you're too rigid in your opinions, you'll never know if you're wrong. Its like a tree - if its too rigid, when an opposing wind hits it, it will just snap. Gotta be flexible in your thinking.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:52 pm
I agree with EmilyGreen on that, as a mode, but I think it's complex. I think there are times of very beginning questioning, exploration, consolidation, questioning again, possible rage at what one swallowed wholepiece before, complaicance, questions, re-evaluations, adjustments, complaicance, questions, and life goes tootleing by.

It's a process, whatever side of whatever aisle we start cemented to.

After a bunch of years, one may have developed a workaday philosophy with various underpinnings. Keeping awake about that is the trick.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:53 pm
EmilyGreen
Are you attempting to justify her or what she said? " The devil made me do it"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:56 pm
Not how I took it, but will wait for EmilyGreen response.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:07 pm
Jesus Must Be Weeping by Richard Belzer
Posted October 12, 2007 | 03:26 PM (EST)

If ever there was a misnomer in the political lexicon, surely "values voters" is the all-time champ. The use of this term to describe the so-called base of the Republicans' so-called party mainly refers to an extremist, ultra-conservative, strain of so-called Christian conservatives. And what are their so-called "values"? Mostly an irrational hatred of gays, a suppression of women's rights, the assertion that only they are going to heaven and that all those that don't embrace their particular permutation of Christianity will burn (among other things) in Hell!

By their logic, if Hitler accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior in the bunker, he would be in Heaven while Einstein burns in Hell! What logic! As someone recently said, most of the Republican candidates are claiming Jesus Christ as their running mate and are implicitly working the most intolerant elements of their party who are neither a majority in that party or the country.

So this small, mostly shrill and evil bunch of millionaire preachers and their minions are spreading everything but love, compassion, charity and fairness and they now are, sadly, the most important element of the party of Abe Lincoln.

Jesus must be weeping.
wingnuts
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:14 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I'm waiting for the wing-nuts to defend this ****

Problem is that a lot of people are religiocentric. When a popular TV personality espouses those views on a public forum, it only serves to intensify the biases of the masses.

What the hell. Why am I being polite? Coulter is a shithead who should be banned by the media.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:22 pm
But then we get into banning.

Why she gets to be tv princess, ratings.

ah, I wouldn't mind more info if ratings aren't the reason.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:25 pm
Yeah, more controversy, more books sold. The whole thing stinks!
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:26 pm
au1929 wrote:
EmilyGreen

Not at all! I'm saying that only exposing yourself to things that simply support your own current opinion is bad. We need to open ourselves up to other people's thoughts.

I was simply stating that by her surrounding herself with only supporters, her views have become more and more outlandish. She needs someone close to her that will challenge her opinions and give her more to think about.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:26 pm
while i really can't stand coulter and those of her ilk , i would rather see her exposed for what she is than being able to hide out .
imo only by EXPOSING her and her views can we ever hope to discredit her .
sure , there will be some who will lap up what she says - but they would be there anyhow .
suppressing or ignoring her mutterings would only strenghten her , i think .
hbg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:28 pm
EmilyGreen wrote:
au1929 wrote:
EmilyGreen

Not at all! I'm saying that only exposing yourself to things that simply support your own current opinion is bad. We need to open ourselves up to other people's thoughts.

I was simply stating that by her surrounding herself with only supporters, her views have become more and more outlandish. She needs someone close to her that will challenge her opinions and give her more to think about.

EG:

You're mistaken; her views haven't become more outlandish. They haven't changed at all. She's always been a batshit crazy bigot. From day one. That's why I thought the 'outrage' the host displayed was a bunch of crap as well.

Coulter has a long, long track record of making statements like this.

Tico, Mcg? Where are you guys? You are the typical Coulter supporters around here. Still think it's funny stuff?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:31 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
EmilyGreen wrote:
au1929 wrote:
EmilyGreen

EG:

You're mistaken; her views haven't become more outlandish. They haven't changed at all. She's always been a batshit crazy bigot. From day one. That's why I thought the 'outrage' the host displayed was a bunch of crap as well.

Tico, Mcg? Where are you guys? You are the typical Coulter supporters around here. Still think it's funny stuff?

Cycloptichorn

Is there anyone on here that you actually agree with? Very Happy
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:33 pm
EmilyGreen wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
EmilyGreen wrote:
au1929 wrote:
EmilyGreen

EG:

Cycloptichorn

Is there anyone on here that you actually agree with? Very Happy

You mean on A2K? Dozens.

And it depends on the topic. I am a supporter of, say, closing the border with Mexico AND nuclear power. This puts me at odds with many who I am otherwise ideologically matched up nicely with.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies