Teacher Clothes, Teacher Hairstyle.....

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:39 pm
It might be some sort of modified shag. Hmm.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 05:07 pm
hey, after watching the guy with the two pencils, I linked to another one where a girl was using the 2 chopsticks....she was going with the sticks what I was saying about the bobby pins, putting the sticks through, then twisting around and reinserting...makes it more secure.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 05:14 pm
oooo....here's a good one for a french twist....they're putt the comb in differently than I do, but again, it's the instert, swivel, reinsert. This one shows how quick it is.

BTW, I'm going to play with that chop stick one, I like it a lot.

french twist
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 05:35 pm
how long is your hair Chai?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 05:48 pm
Re: getting a good cut, all that's ever worked for me is experimenting with new places and then sticking with the person who works out. Everyone's hair is different, and a cut that looks great on one person may simply not work on someone else -- and that's often really hard to tell. (The guy on "What Not to Wear" talks about having to get the hair wet and handle it to get an idea of how it will act when he cuts it.)

The best cuts I've had is when I've picked a place that seems good (this includes many factors, including expense unfortunately), and told the hairdresser what I'm going for. (Professional but not too difficult to style, for example -- not specifics of the cut, but specifics of what I want the cut to accomplish, if possible.) Then let them go for it.

Took me maybe 2 tries in L.A., and 4th time was the charm here (I got the first haircut I really liked since L.A. about 6 months ago... time to have it cut again.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:36 pm
Sglass wrote:
how long is your hair Chai?

shoulder length, a tad longer in the back, layers and bangs.

meant to take a pic today, way too busy.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:06 pm
I think mine is somewhere in the middle of my back. But some of the hairdos have piqued my curiosity and I tried some of them out and was pleased.

I am really lazy when it comes to hair. The minute I retired from the telelphone company I gave up beauty salons for good and go to a barber once a year for a trim.

Post pics.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 07:57 am
Ok, I took this myself, so it's not really a good shot, but this is basically my head this morning @ the office.

kinda got a bald spot in this shot where I should have pulled some hair over it. Oh well.

[URL=http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=77097396fo3.jpg][img]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/419/77097396fo3.th.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 08:48 am
Great! You must have long arms.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 08:59 am
It's the rolfing. I'm completely de-fascia-tized.

So, am I cute as a bugs ear or what?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 07:49 pm
Chai wrote:
So, am I cute as a bugs ear or what?

All we can see IS your ear! But it's a cute ear. Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 06:27 pm
Is there some sort of system for trying different stylists? It's been suggested I do. I have. I tried a cheap-o place and a primo place in my neighborhood and they neither did a great job - the cheap-o place was better. But, it's gone now. I finally found one guy I liked who seemed to get what I was saying. I followed him out of the city and into the burbs. Then something weird happened - some division in a business partnership, or something. And he disappeared. I tried another place and the first time she cut my hair it worked well enough (not great). When I went back she did a **** job. I did ask a colleague where she'd gotten her hair cut and she told me, but I didn't write it down. One stylists did tell me what she did on a cut I loved. But no one knows what I'm talking about when I explain it to them.

That's the key. Write down names of good stylists nabbed from colleagues and friends. Write down what a stylist did for cuts you like.

The problem with the cut notation is that I never know what the cut is going to look like until all the products are washed out (which can take a couple washings I've found). One stylists did tell me what she did on a cut i loved. But no one knows what I'm talking about when I explain it to them.

I'll go get a trim for now, I think.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 06:37 pm
OMG! I just googled Jimi James and found him again! Woohooo! He's moved back to one town over....... <does a little jig>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 07:10 pm
ok - those hair comb thingies - I found some nice simple ones at the dollar store - 6 for $1 on a card.

My last haircut was downright weird. I've had the same stylist for 6 or 7 years. She's a colour magician, and great with a pair of scissors, but she had some kind of weird weird vision last time. I'm growing out these weird (yes they are weird weird weird) things that kinda look like Posh Spice's current haircut got stuck on top of a normal cut - so the combs help. I've been french-braiding my hair, then using the combs to contain everything at the front/side. They've even held out through 1.5 hour dance classes.

After I got those combs at the $1 store, I found packages of 150 mixed hair control things for $2 at the grocery store Shocked mini flat elastics/3 sizes of covered elastics/sorta mini-scrunchy-things. I bought two packages of them in the sage green/beige/peach/forest green mix. Those should hold me through for a while.

~~~

Go Jimi! Go Jimi!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 07:13 pm
Sorry to hear about the weird weird weird cut! I guess stylists get to be 'off' every once in a while.

I've requested an appointment online!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 07:17 pm
<sending perfect haircut vibes to Jimi and Miss TeacherK>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 08:07 pm
I am looking forward to seeing your new haircut then, littlek.
One thing you could do: when you like the cut, have a picture taken of yourself at different angles and show it to the hairddresser, if you want the
exact same cut/style.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 09:29 pm
I've tried that too, Jane. Maybe I am just finding ALL the incompetent hair cutters in my vicinity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:24 am
I understand you, littleK.

Photos and drawings are dead to the non-sensient. Not to be mean, but, that is, the clueless.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:56 am
{writing down the name Jimi James}
0 Replies