Liberial Bias from the NYT.

Thomas

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:26 pm
Baldimo wrote:
You really think they do this for everyone?

Why not? And how do you know they wanted Monday in the first place? It's your allegation that something fishy is going on here. That makes it your job to prove it. Until you do, it doesn't matter what we, the so-called liberal loonies, think.

woiyo wrote:
The reaction of the Times to Rudy's ad is what I find and the "loonies" refusal to address it, is what I find disgraceful.

You haven't established that apart from hot air, Giulliani's ad contains any substance for us to address. Once you do, maybe you'll get a satisfactory reaction.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:28 pm
So, let me get this straight....

woiyo wrote:
there is no way for me to prove that Move-On has "scheduled their ads on a stand-by basis", nor can I disprove the comment from the Times Employee.

So, what you're really saying is....nothing. The very article you posted debunks the very premise of your post.

You're taking the 9/11 conspiracy theorists position that mere innuendo and suspicion should take place over proof or fact. Seems logical enough.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:29 pm
How dare those wacky leftist at Moveon.org .... and here…
The Bush administration would never use a military general to spin false information about the war in Iraq! (Powell wasn't an active general when he spoke at the Security Council!)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:33 pm
woiyo wrote:
The quote did not come from Parados. It came from the NY POST's article which I posted.

I don't mean to quibble, but you appear to be confused about the source of your own post. It's from the Boston Globe, not the New York Post, as you can glean from the copyright notice you copied and pasted.

Quote:
© Copyright 2007 Globe Newspaper Company

Link to Boston Globe Article
Some extra candy from the article that you didn't see fit to quote:

The Boston Globe wrote:
Someone with knowledge of the price said the Giuliani campaign paid $65,000, which MoveOn.org has said was the same price it paid.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:36 pm
Thomas wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Why not? And how do you know they wanted Monday in the first place? It's your allegation that something fishy is going on here. That makes it your job to prove it. Until you do, it doesn't matter what we, the so-called liberal loonies, think.

woiyo wrote:
The reaction of the Times to Rudy's ad is what I find and the "loonies" refusal to address it, is what I find disgraceful.

You haven't established that apart from hot air, Giulliani's ad contains any substance for us to address. Once you do, maybe you'll get a satisfactory reaction.

What I have established is the Times so far will not run the ad at the same price they gave to Move On. The article only suggests that Rudy's ad was a rebuttle to Move On. I have not oferred an opinion as to the content of Move On's ad as it is irrelevant to the main point.

The point is the Times seems to curry favor to left wing organizations and have a different set of rules for anyone else.

Am I wrong?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:38 pm
woiyo wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

woiyo wrote:

What I have established is the Times so far will not run the ad at the same price they gave to Move On. The article only suggests that Rudy's ad was a rebuttle to Move On. I have not oferred an opinion as to the content of Move On's ad as it is irrelevant to the main point.

The point is the Times seems to curry favor to left wing organizations and have a different set of rules for anyone else.

Am I wrong?

Yes - read the article you copied and pasted:

"Someone with knowledge of the price said the Giuliani campaign paid $65,000, which MoveOn.org has said was the same price it paid."

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:41 pm
woiyo wrote:
What I have established is the Times so far will not run the ad at the same price they gave to Move On.

Let me repeat from your own source, the Boston globe article:

The Boston Globe wrote:
Someone with knowledge of the price said the Giuliani campaign paid $65,000, which MoveOn.org has said was the same price it paid.

woiyo wrote:
Am I wrong?

Yes you are, and not only that. The embarrassing thing is that you could have easily figured that out by yourself. All you had to do was read your own source -- the whole Boston Globe article that you quoted.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:42 pm
Another own-goal from a blowhard dummy.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:43 pm
Oh damn, Cycloptichorn! Must you always write my posts before I do?!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:44 pm
Thomas wrote:
woiyo wrote:
What I have established is the Times so far will not run the ad at the same price they gave to Move On.

Let me repeat from your own source, the Boston globe article:

The Boston Globe wrote:

woiyo wrote:
Am I wrong?

Yes you are, and not only that. The embarrassing thing is that you could have easily figured that out by yourself. All you had to do was read your own source -- the whole Boston Globe article that you quoted.

That quote came from the Globe link YOU provided. What I posted earlier today did not contain that quote (which seems odd)..

So who is the "SOMEONE" anyway?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:51 pm
woiyo wrote:
That quote came from the Globe link YOU provided. What I posted earlier today did not contain that quote (which seems odd)..

It seems odd indeed, since you, too, quoted from the Globe article (See the copyright notice if you don't believe me.) Either you deleted decisive information from the article yourself in an attempt to smear the Times. Or some middlemen did the smearing and truncating, and you uncritically copied and pasted from them. Both are signs of weakness in any serious discussion.

PS: Whatever it is that you copied and pasted did have this to say.

woiyo's undisclosed source wrote:
"The Giuliani campaign asked for the same rate as MoveOn, and we said you'd have to go standby," she said. She said the advertising department told the campaign the ad would run in today's A section.

So even by the text you posted, it is clear that the Giuliani campaign asked the New York Times for the same condidtions as MoveOn, and got them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:07 pm
woiyo wrote:
woiyo wrote:
The Boston Globe wrote:

It's right in the middle of your post on the first page of this thread.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2852848#2852848

You're probably the only one who can tell us why you didn't see it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:13 pm
You're right ehBeth -- woiyo messed up his copying and pasting a bit there. I also didn't notice the passage before you pointed it out to me, so let me highlight it in its context for him:

woiyo wrote:

Article Tools
Printer friendly
E-mail to a friend
Nation RSS feed
Available RSS feeds
Most e-mailed
Reprints & Licensing
Share on Digg
Share on Facebook
Save this article