Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:28 pm
@dlowan,
I'm feeling pretty good. Energy, good appetite, no c-diff symptoms. Is it possible that for a mere $2,400, this horrid disease can be cured? No one is sure that I'm cured yet, I'm enjoying feeling good.
dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2018 02:41 pm
@Roberta,
Make hay while sun shines!!!!!
dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2018 02:42 pm
@dlowan,
But take hay fever tablet
Roberta

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2018 04:48 pm
@dlowan,
Bunny, I congratulate you for being at least as big a worrier as I am.

As for the sun shining, I'm a night person. I rarely see the sun, although I have a pretty strong feeling that it's there. But I promise you that the next time I'm up during the daylight hours, I'll make some hay. I'll have to check on Google to find out how. (City kids don't know from hay.)
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2018 05:01 pm
@Roberta,
My grandson got married last weekend. Tuesday, he and she left for New York. So they are there, seeing the tourist sights. Last night they attended Phantom of the Opera. Wish I could have tagged along - Leaving them to do their thing, me to do mine.
Roberta

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2018 10:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, edgar,
I hope they're having a great New York tourist time. And I hope they're not walking too slow.

I wish you could have tagged along too. I'd love to meet you.
dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2018 05:17 am
@Roberta,
Take grass. Allow to yellow. Cut.

You have made hay.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2018 07:09 am
@Roberta,
I wish I could be there. Natcherly I would love to meet you. - I dared my grandson to take a walk on Fifth Avenue at quitting time.
Roberta

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2018 06:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
I can't walk fast anymore. I feel like a speed bump.

Joe and Winston just left. Joe brought be some home made ravioli with extra sauce and Italian bread.
dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2018 07:49 pm
@Roberta,
I think nyc has slowed down and become more tolerant. I warned Dodi about not impeding pedestrians and there was impedance everywhere with no reaction
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2018 07:51 pm
@dlowan,
When I lived there, I was constantly in the way of traffic. But I love the city and want to see it again.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2018 11:54 pm
@dlowan,
Slowed down? Mebbe. More tolerant? I'm dubious.

Maybe it's the aging population. Or a bunch of funniners moving to the Big Apple.

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 04:20 pm
@Roberta,
It felt very different last time than it did on my first trip, in 1997.

It feels much more homogenised somehow.

Still love it though
Roberta

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 05:01 pm
@dlowan,
I take your word for it. You're sensitive to such matters, and I don't go out often enough to tell.

I noticed that I had a major spelling mistake in my message. Sigh. Funniners should be furriners.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 05:28 pm
@Roberta,
But you caught your own mistake, so it's okay.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 11:28 pm
@Roberta,
Funniners are folks that come from really fun places like Ireland or France, or Argentina
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2018 11:31 pm
@farmerman,
I was in NYC about a month ago. Ihad a meeting so I got on theearliest Acela at Newark Del , got my meeting and sjipped out.
I think NYC has lost a lot of its color by displacement of its base middle class population. As they say, you need to earn 2 mil just to live a middle class existence in druga jabka.
Roberta

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:53 am
@farmerman,
fm, For some time I've been concerned that only the very rich or the very poor will be able to live here. I have a fixed income, which isn't fixed because prices around me keep going up. So my buying power goes down.

I looked up druga jabka. The only thing I could find that comes lose is druga jobs (in India). Is this what you meant?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2018 07:36 am
Checking back to see how you're feeling, Roberta. All done with the nasty bug and stuff?
Roberta

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2018 11:42 pm
@JPB,
Not sure. I'm seeing a gastroenterologist tomorrow. Will the doctor know? Who knows. But I'm mostly feeling better.