Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 05:49 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

glitter, I'll try to reschedule next week when I'm at the hospital for yet another appointment. I'm upset for missing this one.

It's frustrating missing appointments... I do hope you can get one next week. More frustrating tho is flippin' fatigue. I hate it.

I'm so glad you've had some dog love ❤️ It truly is the best medicine for mental health, even if it can't cure the physical symptoms. My black kitty KC is my medicine, he knows when I'm ill or sad ... kinda weird but he's my medicine as well as my happy feeling as he follows me around like a dawg; wherever I am in the garden or paddock, he's beside me.

That cdiff is so nasty. I'm glad you got the meds. Take the good days when they come and save your energy on the bad days.

Love you Goil xxxx (((((Boida)))))

Ps, there's a bl**dy great monster 8legged thing under the sofa... Ive been perching on a chair for the last few hours with my feet off the ground. Damn dem things. Ugh. 🕷🤢
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:52 pm
It won't be a problem getting another appointment. The problem is that the appointment probably won't be until December. If this is the case, I'll see what I can do do make it sooner.

Dogs are better than a lot of medicines. Many years ago when the pit bulls were visiting me, I had to have a biopsy. As I went up to the desk to register, I saw Heaven's face in front of me and felt her next to me. I calmed down. How does that work? Beats me.

BTW, if anyone has any ideas about why I'm such a hit with dogs, I'd be glad to hear them. It happens enough with dogs that visit me and dogs on the street to make me wonder.

(On the street: I see someone petting a dog. I go over and ask if it's ok for me to pet the dog. The owner says yes. I start to pet the dog and the dog responds positively. The other person petting the dog wants to know what I did to get a friendly reaction. The other person got diddly.)
dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:58 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
Tomorrow will be better.

let's not get too crazy

howsabout - tomorrow will be different

Or, tomorrow may not be worse.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:15 pm
@Roberta,
I'm not an expert on these things, but dogs loved my Dad and seemed to respond immediately to him, like he was the freaking Dog King or something.,.....but he was calm, confident man who loved dogs and dogs warmed to him quickly. You must have a calm, secure aura that dogs respond to......

footnote: My dad wasn't always calm, he could be a fearsome figure if someone was offensive, or threatening....God help the poor sob who threatened my dad or his family.....but that was probably due in large part to his service in WWII and growing up thru the depression...he was tough.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:17 pm
@dlowan,
I like that a whole lot better, sounds more like glass half full.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2018 04:34 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Tomorrow will be better.

See...exactly what I mean. Much too upbeat! It's not natural, I tell you!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2018 04:06 pm
With the glass half full/half empty business, I see a half a glass of water. I think this approach has gotten me through a lot. What is, is. Not good, not bad. However, if you guys want to get worked up. fine with me. Not worked up is also fine.

As for the dog business, I'm not a calm person. (Understatement.) But I am calm and comfortable around dogs. Even very big ones. So maybe their presence makes me calm and my calmness makes them respond positively.

As one of my old college professors used to say, "Quien sabe?"

BTW, feeling good today.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2018 04:11 pm
@Roberta,
Whatever it is, just glad that the dogs give you the lift you need.

As to the glass, I tell people there are a things to realize. First, you have the glass. This is good. Next, since the glass is half full with whatever and half filled with air, it's indeed a full glass. See? No problem!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2018 11:01 am
Hey Boida!

I found this church sign that needs a good proof reader for its punctuation. Wanna give them a hand?

https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44229676_10216759504077473_3594322061163495424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&oh=0226084166119dc7e0903d595ed82f91&oe=5C8AD141
Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2018 11:27 am
@Thomas,
Will Pastor Tom be roasted or fricasseed?

Thomas

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2018 11:32 am
@Sturgis,
Well, it says "sausage supper", so . . . .
Roberta

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2018 01:43 pm
@Thomas,
We don't know how old the good pastor is. He could be tough. I think ground up meet in sausage casings is probably the best way to go.

Thomas, If signs had proofreaders, there would be far fewer funny signs.

BTW, very good to see you here--or anywhere.

I've been thinking about you. I lost 25 more pounds on what you would call the Roberta diet.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 12:12 am
Joe and Winston were here again this evening. Winston is not a shih tzu. He's a lhasa apso, which explains why he's much bigger than Mable was.

Joe didn't bring lasagna. He brought rigatoni, with a very tasty sauce. I had one serving tonight; there are three more servings in the freezer.

Thomas

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 02:30 am
@Roberta,
Good to see you too!

You met Winston of Winston cigarettes? Did he give you a discount? Anyway, let's start working on that diet book before somebody beats us to publication!
Roberta

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 05:17 pm
@Thomas,
Hey kid, I'm inclined to think that Winston is from the Churchill line rather than the cigarette line. However, his language skills leave a great deal to be desired, so we'll remain in the dark on this one.

As for the diet, I really don't have much to do. You'll have to do the marketing and somehow convince people that this approach to weight loss is the road to take. I can't recommend it, but if it will make us rich, what the hell.

Endometrial cancer
Laryngeal cancer (big weight loss)
Breast cancer
C-diff (nightmare bacterial infection)
Total weight loss: 107 pounds

Note that the cancers don't cause weight loss. It's the steenkin' treatment.

Be sure to mention that brain surgery should be avoided. They give you steroids, which make you very hungry. I backslid from the steroids.

JPB

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:14 am
@Roberta,
Hard to "like" that list, but I like that you're still here to talk about it.
Roberta

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 05:12 pm
@JPB,
I like that I'm here too. It was that meshugina Thomas who came up with the idea. I told him I didn't think it would catch on, but he's persistent and determined. Two good qualities despite the less-than-good idea behind them.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 08:42 am
So sorry to hear you are having a time of it, again. Hoping you feel better very soon!
Roberta

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 05:01 pm
@squinney,
Hey squinney, Thanks for dropping by and for the good wishes.
dlowan

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:21 pm
@Roberta,
How's it going?